Worst Hotels in System?

Help Support The Pipe:

Time2Spare

Just wondering what your thoughts are on our WORST hotels.... just quality of hotel itself - nothing to do with surrounding area or things to do...

My votes for worst in order are:

1. MGM
2. MLU
3. SLP

Anyone else have an opinion?

T2S

SpatialD

Haven't stayed in any of the ones you mentioned, but SHV tops my list. The area is definitely a factor, but not because there's nothing to do (which there isn't), but the problem is the labor force they have to supply the housekeeping staff.

When I used to fly freight, we stayed in the Super8 across the street. My CA found a used condom in his bed (even though it had been made up and the room appeared to be clean). Upon further scrutiny, we determined that the maids were using the rooms to facilitate a thriving prostitution business there. I'm talking about crackwhores of the most unsavory sort.

Then, when I got this job, I was all excited about moving over to what appeared to be much nicer accomodations. I hung out in my room for a couple hours till I was ready to call it a night. Then I pulled back the covers to get in bed, and noticed that someone had been in it since it was last changed - there was hair all over the sheets! :x

Knowing what I know, I don't blame the hotel per se - it's just the area and the people they have available to work there. The only solution I can see is to get a new hotel away from the immediate area surrounding the airport.

captainChet

Time2Spare said:
Just wondering what your thoughts are on our WORST hotels.... just quality of hotel itself - nothing to do with surrounding area or things to do...
The list would be a lot shorter is you listed the best or even acceptable hotels!

T

Twinkle/Twinkle

ORF definitely the WORST! This week, one elevator didn't work. 20 min. wait to get up to your room. Pool remained open until 1 a.m. -- yes!!! If your room was on the side facing the pool, it was unsleepable.

Mgmt's response was pathetic, poor. I can't believe a Doubletree can be that bad.

DUMP ORF HOTEL!

Jetlink1175

I'll second MGM and add to the list both the Ramada & Clarion in MSP. Way, way back when we used to stay at the Millenium in downtown MSP. What happened to that one??

Rightrudder

Going back to the Millenium in MSP, at least my pairing info shows that in August

pscraig

What's wrong with SLP? Nice hotel, lots of food and a Wal-mart nearby. My worst list:

Anything in the state of LA (Ok, LFT isn't so bad)
Anything in the state of MS
ICT
VPS
MGM
MOB
GPT
HSV
HPN
BDL
ORF

Apache 5

There's nothing wrong at all with ICT....

DCA = rip off for food and drinks, annoying staff

second the ghetto tree at ORF

CHS = we could do alot better, its a party town for sakes

RIC historical

Xfr8dog

SpatialD said:
Haven't stayed in any of the ones you mentioned, but SHV tops my list. The area is definitely a factor, but not because there's nothing to do (which there isn't), but the problem is the labor force they have to supply the housekeeping staff.

When I used to fly freight, we stayed in the Super8 across the street. My CA found a used condom in his bed (even though it had been made up and the room appeared to be clean). Upon further scrutiny, we determined that the maids were using the rooms to facilitate a thriving prostitution business there. I'm talking about crackwhores of the most unsavory sort.

Then, when I got this job, I was all excited about moving over to what appeared to be much nicer accomodations. I hung out in my room for a couple hours till I was ready to call it a night. Then I pulled back the covers to get in bed, and noticed that someone had been in it since it was last changed - there was hair all over the sheets! :x

Knowing what I know, I don't blame the hotel per se - it's just the area and the people they have available to work there. The only solution I can see is to get a new hotel away from the immediate area surrounding the airport.
SHV is da bomb. Had a long overnight. Sat by the pool and watched the locals. They were entertaining. Went over to Waffle House and the gas station with the Subway attached. Even more entertaining.

cfdoubleeye

Are you kidding me?

EWR - Hoiday Inn North

I was just there two days ago. The van took 45 minutes to get to the terminal, and it doubles for the HO-Jo where he stopped for 20 minutes first before dropping me at the HI North.

Roomas were dirty, smelled of heavy smoking (non smoking rooms) and had no food available for my 11pm arrival (except the snack bar downstairs in the lobby).

palmbay

obviously you havent stayed at the hojo or the ramada in newark, you learn to appreciate the holiday inn trust me

mr. plow

AviatorTx said:
palmbay said:
obviously you havent stayed at the hojo or the ramada in newark, you learn to appreciate the holiday inn trust me
True.

Since we are just regional scum and can't stay in Manhattan like the CAL crews do for their long overnights, the Holiday Inn is the best there is near the airport. If we HAVE to stay close to the airport, they treat us the best.

CAL's trigger for a "downtown" hotel is 20 hrs (as a reference DAL's is 12hrs). So believe me, we spend plenty of time at the Holiday Inn North as well as "Holiday Inns by the airport". Just one fine benefit of contract 02.

xjet615

What's wrong with SLP? Nice hotel, lots of food and a Wal-mart nearby. My worst list:

Anything in the state of LA (Ok, LFT isn't so bad)
Anything in the state of MS
ICT
VPS
MGM
MOB
GPT
HSV
HPN
BDL
ORF
You can throw XNA in there too, especially if it's a long overnight

Toneilgar

Compared to the HoJo in EWR, The Holiday Inn is like a 5 star resort.

superdantx

I have to second (or is it third or fourth?) the HoJo in Newark. Unfortunately seems every time I'm up there I end up in that 'hole. The Holliday Inn isn't the best, drinks way overpriced, but the food is decent, the bed sleeps well, and tho it isn't spotlessly clean, its a far sight better then the HoJo. Everyone complains beds in Mexico are hard, nothing in comparison to the Ho. Horrid service in the little tiny bistro of a restaurant, no decent business center, and no breaks for crew on internet usage (the Hol Inn does have a crew room if you ask for it, has crappy, but FREE internet available). And I love it how while waiting at P4 there are at least two buses that run first that have Holiday Inn or HoJo logo's all over the sides.... that don't really go there, never know which one is which till the you have a chance to ask the non-English speaking driver, shoot... half the time that they DO use the electronic signs in the front window of the bus, its for the wrong hotel. I just love to rant about that place. Stayed in some places that weren't all that great, SHV for one, got effed over by the Fairfield inn in AVL (forgot to send a cab, twice), got the "oh drats all the hotels are full" Ramada MOtel in IAH, But I'd go to any one of those for 10 consecutive nights to avoid one night in the EWR HoJo.

Latest posts