Wells Fargo 401K warning

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by sjflyer, Oct 22, 2018.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Oct 22, 2018 #1

sjflyer

sjflyer

sjflyer

Heads up if you already have or for when you transfer/rollover / close your account

I closed my XJT WF 401K account and rolled 100% of it to a different institution. Wells Fargo kept the dividends that arrived after I closed the account, never notified me of them and kept charging fees on the money for the better part of a year. In the big picture, it is not a lot of money but I find the practice highly unethical and when you multiply 40 + bucks times tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of participant it becomes real money really quickly.

I filled a complained with the SEC. If you have experienced the same, I would like to urge you to bring light another Wells Fargo unethical practice.

2. Oct 22, 2018 #2

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

Sounds like the old "deposit the extra half penny in my personal account" scheme (referenced in Office Space).

3. Oct 22, 2018 #3

Springfield

Springfield

Springfield

Mention it to the company and to the union too. You saying something is the only way they will know.

4. Oct 23, 2018 #4

Flying J

Flying J

Flying J

would they have let you keep the dividends had you rolled over all your funds but NOT closed the account?