Well here they are. The new pass travel benefits in a nut shell.

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by Green St. Flyer, Dec 12, 2010.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Dec 14, 2010 #381

galleygirl

galleygirl

galleygirl

ya'll have fun hating....i'm done with the pipe. such a waste of time on too many know-it-alls swapping insults and giving unneeded advice. whatever happens with our CAL benefits, good luck to all, on both sides. and merry christmas. :)

2. Dec 14, 2010 #382

ForeverFO

ForeverFO

ForeverFO

This thread is now a waste...have you seen the latest email? Not that I expect a much better scenario BUT bashing the CAL guys isn't the right thing nor denying them a ride for something that's completely out of our control. Grow up.

3. Dec 14, 2010 #383

xjetsig

xjetsig

xjetsig

Just think, two more weeks of training and you could have been a know it all pilot too.

oh and you can shut the door.

4. Dec 14, 2010 #384

nixon

nixon

nixon

I see your degree taught you proper capitalization and spelling. Now will you please get out of the galley so I can make my own coffee!?

*The best way to win an argument; is not to be involved in one.
    *When you lose an argument; you lose.
    *When you win an argument; you lose.
    *In either case you lose.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  5. Dec 15, 2010 #385

verified

verified

verified

I'm willing to come to a compromise on the jumpseat which I have the right to allow someone to sit in, or go empty. If Continental/United follow through on taking away everything we worked hard for to make their company successful, no one heading to work will sit in my jumpseat!....period!!! I'll gladly give someone a ride home from work, but their not getting to work! If we all did this, the rules would never change about pass travel.

6. Dec 15, 2010 #386

SAABoroowski

SAABoroowski

SAABoroowski

the last 10 pages of this thread are about as embarrassing as my W-2 :(

7. Dec 15, 2010 #387

Lazy8

Lazy8

Lazy8

Lol two cal guys came in, slapped everyone around, and made everyone whimper (good little regional pilots...should have known your place to begin with..what were you thinking daring to question the mighty cal pilots!)

Came in, called out our pilots by name (which is f'n rude and inapropriate), and got an apology...we fold like origami lol.

I guess I got it all wrong, I thought it was accepted to deny jumpseats to pilot groups that don't reciprocate and to tell them if they want the jumpseat to get their committee to give you the same benefit on their airline? Isn't that what the cabin jumpseat incident was about? So the agreed appropriate actions now are to give CAL the cabin jumpseat and forget they don't give it to us?

And you commuters who are freaking out about a jumpseat war know that you stand the most to lose by losing your pass classification right? Fighting to keep your benefits helps you the most arguably right? It's a fight you should want to make. Besides you have the commuter clause if you do get denied the jumpseat.

Granted quotsapilot's parents..who apparently nonrev on multiple legs daily may get left at the gate sometimes but that alone is not good enough to make a decision on.

Ya I know don't take it out on the CAL guys it's not their fault. Just like the guy in the platoon who keeps letting everyone down isn't doing anything malicious either..but eventually he ends up getting the blanket party nonetheless and rightfully so imho.

It's a long long line of getting hosed over by CAL and yes their pilot's too. They say that they have no power to help us ever but it's kind of funny that when threatened all off a sudden they have power and you better beware of it! If you read between the lines I think we were even threatened that they would take our control of our own jumpseat away from us.....nice. Don't mess with us little regional pilots just take your scraps and whimper at our legs, oh and we really love you and try to help you all the time! By the way please come picket with us against your own flying.

I say f em, eventually you have enough and lash out at everyone involved and they **** sure ain't part of the solution and the vast majority of them are definately not our friends. I bet most of them quietly asked to have xjt put behind them on the survey.

But that's just me and I don't commute and I see where this is going...actually has gone. I'd happily start a jumpseat war with them just give them the finger and show our displeasure and ability to disrupt the system. This crap has got to stop somewhere and it's time they learn they are either with us or against us as ALPA members. No more apathy. But like I said I don't commute and certainly aren't going to be the only one...just to have them come here and post my name on the internet.

Nice revolt...owned by two CAL guys w/o any interaction even by managements lol

we're so screwed.

/facepalm

Yeah in a way I'm just venting too in frustration at all the BS we've been going through but **** guys sooner or later we need to man up and start busting heads if we want any future here or we're gonna lose it all piecemeal imho. I don't trust the CAL pilots and I'm pretty sure they screw us over behind closed doors whenever they can but let's just keep kissing their asses /shrug.

8. Dec 15, 2010 #388

xjetsig

xjetsig

xjetsig

I would have to respectfully disagree, your W-2 is far more embarrassing. Hell it ranks right up there with an ATP flight school graduate.... TIMMMAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY

9. Dec 15, 2010 #389

dweebmon

dweebmon

dweebmon

I say we all crank up some Bob Marley and chill out up in this beeeeeatch
    Holla!

10. Dec 15, 2010 #390

UTAviator

UTAviator

UTAviator

Just a thought.....

Perhaps what is happening with XJT's pass benefit on CAL is a peek of the crystal ball into the future for all CAL/UAL employees. XJT is already loaded into the UAL system and kicks in Jan '11. The new pass bennie for CAL/UAL will be out second quarter of '11. Perhaps the current CAL pass travel system is going into the dumpster and in-flows the UAL pass benefit. (Don't get too excited.....their retirees board first, then current employees, parents, buddies, etc). Well, think about it. $50 per person each year if you want in. Just the survey along drew 70,000 responses, and I'm sure alot of them didn't take it. Add their dependents multiply that by $50. Can you say $$$$$$$$.....That's quite a bit of additional revenue for UAL. Don't forget, that's every year. Maybe this SA5 for XJT is just to tie you guys over until the new system kicks in.

So, take a deep breath, relax. I'm thinking the rest of the CAL employees' pass travel is getting a whole lot more expensive before too long.

11. Dec 15, 2010 #391

dweebmon

dweebmon

dweebmon

Uh huh ok. But I doubt it. But you could be right.

12. Dec 15, 2010 #392

PositiveRate

PositiveRate

PositiveRate

[​IMG]

PLEASE DELETEEEE lol

13. Dec 15, 2010 #393

xjet615

xjet615

xjet615

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  14. Dec 15, 2010 #394

irishpilot84

irishpilot84

irishpilot84

From Cathy Harris VP human resources @ ASA on Dec 13, 2010:

"We had originally planned to share the details of our new Continental pass travel contract today, but work behind the scenes continues on that front. The company is aware that some details of the contract have been distributed by third parties, however, the last thing we want to do is share incomplete or inaccurate information. The entire leadership team knows and appreciates how important pass travel privileges are to all employees, and we are working to come to a final resolution. Please be patient as we work through to a final contract, and know that we will share the details of our new contract once complete."

My Translation: We didnt want to inform XJT employees that their pass benefits were being completely gutted prior to Christmas due to the large number of sick calls and the predicted drop in productivity associated with such a horrible announcement. We are planning on making an announcement as soon as the holiday passes and we can drop the bomb with little affect on our bottom line.

15. Dec 15, 2010 #395

PositiveRate

PositiveRate

PositiveRate

[​IMG]

16. Dec 16, 2010 #396

Jetlinker

Jetlinker

Jetlinker

If it's a contract and it's already signed I would be surprised to see it change at this point.

17. Dec 18, 2010 #397

SNOOKI_MONSTER

SNOOKI_MONSTER

SNOOKI_MONSTER

Yes!!!! I totally agree!!!! we gotta hit them where it hurts! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Snoooki!

18. Dec 18, 2010 #398

EWR_FO

EWR_FO

EWR_FO

So two Expressjet pilots sitting in an airplane with two jumpseats is also equal?

19. Dec 18, 2010 #399

SNOOKI_MONSTER

SNOOKI_MONSTER

SNOOKI_MONSTER

Thats a Continental thing, everybody against everybody. Pilots only care about themselves, flight attendants only care about themselves. The NTA/HTA ones think they are God's gift to the World and look down at the "Domestic" flight attendants. GRRRRRRRR!!!!! Snoooki!

20. Dec 18, 2010 #400

SNOOKI_MONSTER

SNOOKI_MONSTER

SNOOKI_MONSTER

You would do the same thing to our pilots! we are being SA5 for ****'s sake! how do you think we feel? Oh, your grandma's friend is flying on a buddy pass and she is getting on the aircraft before ME while Im in full uniform on my way to start a 4 day, not fair! And I am concious that XE people who are unfortunate to commute from CAL only airports will suffer, but thats just how the cookie crumbs. I know I will suffer myself, from where I commute Im afraid XE will be gone and will be replaced with the E-170s. Its about giving what you get! if you come to me and slap in the face, guess what I'll do to you?