Well here they are. The new pass travel benefits in a nut shell.

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by Green St. Flyer, Dec 12, 2010.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Dec 14, 2010 #361

galleygirl

galleygirl

galleygirl

lmao. there sure are a lot of miserable douchebags in this room. i'll be sure to get you some coffee, you worthless dolt. enjoy the special ingredient i put in it just for you. ;)

2. Dec 14, 2010 #362

Planelivin

Planelivin

Planelivin

Well not sure why you think one would be harmed more than the other if a JS started. You must be really smart with that crystal ball but here are a few facts from an SDF standpoint.

In 14 years of commuting out of SDF and 2 years commuting out of MSY I may have actually needed the actual JS 25 times on CALX or the new XJet. I've probably ridden it 200 times so as to get family memebrs on. I can assure you if I am forced to never have a JS out of SDF it will harm parents of XJet commuters out of there more than it will limit my ability to get to work. Also, with 16 years all I need to do to get to work for an international flight is make a phone call to scheds and get a PS0 so as not to delay an international departure.

Also, I have a big airline across the field called UPS and I am very close friends with Flt Ops and the IPA. The only reason I don't work for UPS is because I got to CAL so early in my career and decided to stay here. Maybe I should start working on a priority setup for the CAL/United pilots on them to be ready for these threats here. I'm sure UPS would love to have priority on the worlds largest airline after our own. I won't sit idle and watch this unfold without doing something. And Steve McKnight will verify when it comes to union work no one is more tenacious than me.

And as for being gay. hardly. And in fact, if you knew me or my situation you'd really understand how stupid a comment that was.

Call that a threat or whatever you will but the facts are the facts! In the end, these threads here are nothing more than a bunch of chickens who won't put their own names to their own writings for fear of the boogie man. I may sound like a chest thumper to some, fine! I guess when it comes to dealing with some that I have seen here you have to be. I guess when you play with ***** enough well, sometimes you get ***** on yourself and get a little dirty. I've had many PMs here from really good guys and they let me know not to pay attention to some of you but in the end and I've learned this from lots of union work. It is the clowns that cause 95% of the issues.

Just like the two clowns operating flt 2925 Sun Dec 12 from EWR-SDF. They will regret that decision from either the pilot who's parents got left in EWR on in the case of the FO who is EWR based needing a ride on CAL one day.

So far I have 7 names on my no JS list. 2 of those are XJet and it is the two who denied me the cabin JS Sunday night and forced an elderly couple to be left behind. Pilots like that are negative to the profession and harm us all. I wouldn't have done that in a million years! Even if a pilot was on my no JS list I would allow them on my JS if it meant getting one of your family members on. Yes, I thump my chest but I walk the walk while talking. In 16 years I have 10 hours in my sick bank with no extended time off, have NEVER been jr. manned at CALX or CAL where I actually showed for the flight. I have never done anything to help or keep a pilot on furlough. In fact an Xjet pilot lived rent free with my family in Louisville in for 9 months after 9/11 and never paid one cent to do so. I got him a job flying night freight and he lived in a freshly finished basement that we turned over to him and never used for that 9 months when we had finished it for us to do more entertaining. So again, yes I thunmp my chest but I can assure you I have done more for CALX/XJet and more for the pilots of the profession than you ever will. But I don;t do it to show you up I say it because unfortunately there are so few that do the work so 'hide behind your keyboard' types like you have a place and a venue to bitch at or about.

As for Green St Flyer. You are gutless. To call me out with your comment then go in hiding if anyone here ever pays attention to another post by you then they are not worth my time. In fact just so you know why I am planelivin? It is because it is the call sign I used on the old compuserve forums and the original hughes world an early CAL forum when call signs were used. Unlike you I am not afraid to disclose who I am either to my fellow employees or my employer. I say what i say and am willing to stand in front of my identity in doing so. Any long term pilot here or over at CAL sees planelivin then they know it is me and has been for 16 years. I'm either Shannon Smith or planelivin. My simple advise to you is this. Grow a set especially if you are going to make posts to individuals like you did to me. And in fact anytime you want to meet me face to face PM me and we can arrange for that as well. I'll buy the drinks or we can step into a ring for charity ad throw a few at one another and take donations for a charity of your choice. Be some good excersize and we can blow off some steam for the good of someones else.

Galleygirl, sorry I offeneded you with my responses to Green St Flyer. I apologise. I am amused you had no problem with his attack in the same manner to me and then how he cowardly dissapeared but then again, nothing surprises me anymore how some slither through and others get attacked. But again, sorry you had to read my comments. They have been deleted the best they can.

To the others here who really matter , my name is Shannon Smith and I am based in EWR. Cell phone is 270-849-XXXX and you are welcome on my JS anyday as you always have been. Ever have a question about anything feel free to call me and discuss anything directly with me. I'm not going to let a few clowns desease my thinking of XJet or their people. But I do work for CAL now and as a previous poster mentioned just above. I've ben gone so long my opinions here no longer matter. Time to simply cut the cord and move on.

So start a JS war or don't start a JS war. We all lose and I will get to work but just remember your families will lose more than any pilot you affect. Same as my family will lose too.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2010
  3. Dec 14, 2010 #363

mckpickle

mckpickle

mckpickle

:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL-vgsrA_FM&feature=related

4. Dec 14, 2010 #364

CLEflyr

CLEflyr

CLEflyr

I wonder if this is the reason the CAL jumpseaters were left behind on the flight before ours yesterday. Seriously, this is the first day I am hearing about this change and yet this thread started on Sunday. Yesterday, we were flying out of a dual Express/mainline station where the previous flight was an RJ. The three jumpseaters wound up on our flight because they were told the XJT flight was weight restricted. Now, I know it happens, but reading these latest developments I am curious if this is the reason instead of truly being weight restricted.

5. Dec 14, 2010 #365

CLEflyr

CLEflyr

CLEflyr

CAL pilots can't sit on our own FA jumpseats either.

6. Dec 14, 2010 #366

Boondocker

Boondocker

Boondocker

Well I hope they find out who you are and put you on the street. Putting some "special ingredients" in a pilots coffee. I smell federal violation here.

So if you get more upset, are you going to try and start a fire in the lavatory? Something tells me you're the type.

7. Dec 14, 2010 #367

galleygirl

galleygirl

galleygirl

some of you xjt pilots are so fukcin' full of yourselves, it's laughable. seriously. i highly doubt spitting in douchebag's coffee is a federal violation, but whatever, smarty pants. and no, i'm not about to start a fire anywhere, thanks. who would even post such a asinine comment? you're clearly not intelligent enough to assume anything, so i suggest you go back to posting your rants about your jumpseat....if you even are a captain and have that authority. that thought is scary in and of itself.

8. Dec 14, 2010 #368

aviat84

aviat84

aviat84

Shannon,

You are correct. I messed up, big. I was so caught up in myself that I lost perspective, professionalism, and maturity. My actions are not those I would wish on myself, family, or friends. You were being the bigger person, offering alternatives, and solutions.

I can only offer my apology and promise that it will be a lesson hard learned in my young career.
    This is my last post here or view, it's time to grow up.

Michael Kingston

9. Dec 14, 2010 #369

flygirl145

flygirl145

flygirl145

Hi everyone, I just got this from the FA Union. It has been relayed that letters should be sent to:

Mike.Bonds@coair.com. He is the VP of Human Relations and Labor Relations. This is the person responsible for employee pass travel.

From what I got, it was suggested that let the voice of ExpressJet be heard and let him know how important Continental pass travel is to you as "a valued regional partner". I would say pilots and FA's should send a letter.

I would say please make it a professional letter, with recommendations and not a junior high mentality letter. If we are to be treated as professionals, we should act as such. I drafted a letter from the angle of the pass travel classification and working crews going to work should not come after all the relatives and buddy pass folks. I also mentioned the impact to the operation if folks were calling in sick or using commuter clause. I would say everyone send a letter, but make it professional, not berating. Also if you are a commuter-do let him know the impact it would have to be at such a lower classification level.

10. Dec 14, 2010 #370

Mitch

Mitch

Mitch

Federal offense, no. But I would have you brought up on assault charges...and you would lose that court case...and your job. Worth it to you?

11. Dec 14, 2010 #371

jsbqb11

jsbqb11

jsbqb11

Lol Lol classic...You can't be for real...Lol. This whole statement is funny as hell! Lol

Lol "you worthless dolt!" Lol "special ingredient" lol another classic!!!

12. Dec 14, 2010 #372

galleygirl

galleygirl

galleygirl

to someone who tells me to shut, get him coffee and close the f-in' door? uh, yeah, totally worth it. you people want respect but you don't know how to give it - to coworkers, or anyone else. here's a big newsflash for ya....it was a freakin' joke in reply to a rude, degrading comment. but if i did spit into one of your demanded cups of coffee, you'd never know, would ya? so good luck with your "federal violations" and "assault charges." grow up. get a hobby. get a life.

13. Dec 14, 2010 #373

PositiveRate

PositiveRate

PositiveRate

This is possibly the funniest thread that's been on the pipe in a while. And as for planelivin and his/her (can't tell from that style of whining), TL;DR post, I like this self-righteous thing about getting my family on when it's not even possible anyway with them traveling as SA9000 2010's (soon to be 2011's).

Oh you guys...as for aviat84, please tell me this is sarcastic asskissing and you're not actually assuming the position?

[​IMG]

PS I think galleygirl is actually a dude, so stop sending him your cock pics.

14. Dec 14, 2010 #374

galleygirl

galleygirl

galleygirl

hahaha....no, i'm not a dude. funny, though! :D

15. Dec 14, 2010 #375

jsbqb11

jsbqb11

jsbqb11

In your defense, and I don't know you from Adam, but you don't really seem like the type that would do that! However, it was funny, and I felt it was a joke and also a reaction to the assult you were taking. Completely normal IMHO!

16. Dec 14, 2010 #376

Planelivin

Planelivin

Planelivin

You are based in EWR just as me. I will post your apology over on the CAL side and as far as I am concerned this issue is resolved. Apology accepted. Also, I would like to buy you a beer and dinner soon and we can talk about this the right way. As two professionals.

If this is in fact your last view I hope someone tells you I wrote back and you get this. PM me your phone number and I will do the same and honestly as for you and I are concerned the issue is resolved.

Capt. Shannon Smith

17. Dec 14, 2010 #377

flygirl145

flygirl145

flygirl145

You know Galleygirl, I have been a flight attendant in EWR for 8 years. I have never had a crew be rude to me or disrespectful. I set the tone with a smile on my face, professionalism and good attitude when I start a trip. I offer a bottle of water at the start of the pairing and since I like a cup of coffee first thing, I offer a cup of coffee. I enjoy to share a fun joke and start the day with a laugh. The pilots are responsible for me getting home to my family. I do respect what they do up there. In turn, if I set the pace with friendship and a smile, it goes a long way. The "golden rule", treat others as you would like to be treated. Your defensiveness and combative attitude will not get you far. We are professionals here, not in the sand lot.

18. Dec 14, 2010 #378

galleygirl

galleygirl

galleygirl

well, thanks....finally, someone on here who isn't making it their day's goal to bash a flight attendant....one of their own, nonetheless! jesus. so sorry to those higher than me on the food chain at xjt. i bow down. (not really.)

19. Dec 14, 2010 #379

galleygirl

galleygirl

galleygirl

you might want to go back and read the comments to which i was replying, flygirl, before you start judging and throwing people skills advice my way. kthanksbubye.

20. Dec 14, 2010 #380

lap

lap

lap

Well I'm happy this thread has a happy ending...finally. They kissed and made up. Can we move on now? Come back and let us know if there is a second date. ;)