UAL Benefits

Help Support The Pipe:

Longhaul99$

Does anyone know of a lawsuit with United over flight benefits? The person running the zed fare program for retirees told me that’s why I can’t get a pass on United; they ceased all participation in pass travel programs. American is also not participating, that leaves the selection substantially limited. I wasn’t surprised to hear that considering, but have been unable to locate any specifics to back up that story. Rumor or not?

pudknocker

I've heard nothing about this, but the pipe is my primary source of info these days. I hope it's true and we win the lawsuit/get our flight benefits they took away on the last day. But then again United has the money and I'm sure better lawyers so ...

w2992

If you win they will just go bankrupt and or raise the price and reduce services, Your not missing much. Apparently the only international destination open now for standbys is the 10 hour flight to GRU. United charges $500 for each business class employee standby headache. They herd all employees into the back left side of the business class area. So the FA can cheat you and turn out the lights and sleep on the right side. You get one tray served one hour after departure. Then nothing until 40 minutes before landing a microwaved ham sandwich. Yes its nice to lay flat and sleep but food and drink are better in coach. They are just plain mean itching to file a complaint against any employee.

Latest posts