TYS

Help Support The Pipe:

Pozrategearup

Rightcoast said:
Got a 37 hour overnight in TYS. What the hell is there to do?!!!!!
Go to www.orbitz.com and rent a car. I paid under $20 including taxes for a compact car there. You can simply walk out of the hotel to baggage claim, get the keys and sign the paperwork and then walk into the parking garage to get your car. If the weather is good, go check out the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. If it's not good, go check out downtown, a local mall, or a movie theater.

wadlow811

We stayed at the Crown Plaza around early November. Right downtown. Directly across the street at the main hotel entrance are some steps up to a big outside area with shops and restaurants. Its called Market Square and definitely worth a look. Good mexican place.

Another nearby area is called Old City. We did not get over there but it supposedly is more of a hangout for the locals and might be even better than Market Square. The hotel is real cool, relaxing sleeping music CD included with in room cd player.

STUFF IN THE HOTEL:
Bar in the hotel called The Library. Nice restaurant in the hotel, sometimes live piano player. Weight room is out of control with equipment. More stuff than in many private health clubs.

TexMex

The short overnight is at the Hilton at the airport, you walk there...

nice place, good beds, FREE INTERNET and a decent restaurant. I had a nice meal at the restaurant for $7 with tip... not bad and the people are nice.

Pozrategearup

AlohaFlyer said:
The short overnight is at the Hilton at the airport, you walk there...

nice place, good beds, FREE INTERNET and a decent restaurant. I had a nice meal at the restaurant for $7 with tip... not bad and the people are nice.
The business center is no longer free, they have credit card swiping computers for something like 50 cents/min. The front desk told me it was due to a Hilton corporate policy to now have fee based business centers. I hope enough people bitch to the hotel about this. Maybe they'll bring back their free computers.

Latest posts