Trip trading during a Vacation month

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by sublime2, Jan 15, 2019.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Jan 15, 2019 #1

sublime2

sublime2

sublime2

The contract says I'll get paid 75 hours or the value of my remaining trips plus vacation credit, (whichever is greater).

The part I couldn't find is what the rules are for trading during the initial and secondary line improvement windows during a vacation month.

I remember something about "never trading during initial line improvement".

I started off with a 94 hour line, dropped two 4-day trips, and now have 70 hours of credit when I add up my remaining trips and vacation days. So if I do nothing, I will get paid 75 hours (getting 5 hours "free").

The way I believe it works is if I trade a 20 hr 4 day for an 18 hr 4 day, I will lose 2 hours of guarantee and get paid 73?

Also if I trade my 20 hr 4 day for a 22 hr 4 day, I'll be working those extra 2 hours for free?

Would anything bad happen if I traded a 20 hr 4 day for a different 20 hr 4 day, or would I still retain all my monthly guarantee protections and keep my 75 hours of pay?

Also, how do these rules change once I'm in the secondary window?

Thanks!

2. Jan 15, 2019 #2

Bob

Bob

Bob

Well-Known Member Staff Member Global Mod Moderator

Your assessment is correct. The whole "Never trade during a vacation month" is hooey. Most folks are just afraid to work "for free", but if you understand the process then you should have no issues.

Nothing will happen if you trade two "even" trips.

The biggest difference in the SLIW is that all additions of time go toward Add-Pay vs Guarantee.

3. Jan 15, 2019 #3

predhead

predhead

predhead

You can still drop days in ILIW during vacation months at no penalty. As long as the credit for trips picked up vs trips dropped is equal or greater.

Ex. Trade 20 hr 4 day and 17 hr 4 day for a 27 hr 4 day and 10 hr 2 day. No change to guarantee and gain 2 days off.