The Day America Died.....

Help Support The Pipe:

irishNJ

And the dems as the "do nothing" party.
The point is that the Republicans have bought into their own propaganda. In the era of Lee Atwater, all this ranting and raving about elitism and anti-intellectualism used to be just a cynical ploy to get the right-wing working class to vote for a party that had anything but their interests at heart. Then the administration would go ahead and appoint smart Ivy-League educated people anyway.

Now, in the era of Karl Rove, they actually went ahead and staffed the administration with all these ignorant morons who simply aren't qualified to run anything. Believe it or not, being a "Bob Jones Uni." graduate and being able to quote the bible does NOT qualify you to run a coherent foreign policy, science policy or a Justice Dept.

I can't help but laugh every time I see a conservative on this board start a rant about someone being "an elitist". Just by saying that you admit that you were one of those gullible fools that actually believed the administation propaganda.

Yes indeed you should all be embarrassed by your own gullibility.

T-Gagnon

The point is that the Republicans have bought into their own propaganda. In the era of Lee Atwater, all this ranting and raving about elitism and anti-intellectualism used to be just a cynical ploy to get the right-wing working class to vote for a party that had anything but their interests at heart. Then the administration would go ahead and appoint smart Ivy-League educated people anyway.

Now, in the era of Karl Rove, they actually went ahead and staffed the administration with all these ignorant morons who simply aren't qualified to run anything. Believe it or not, being a "Bob Jones Uni." graduate and being able to quote the bible does NOT qualify you to run a coherent foreign policy, science policy or a Justice Dept.

I can't help but laugh every time I see a conservative on this board start a rant about someone being "an elitist". Just by saying that you admit that you were one of those gullible fools that actually believed the administation propaganda.

Yes indeed you should all be embarrassed by your own gullibility.
I did not catch your name....what was it again?

I always chuckle when someone thinks one party is purely responsible for this countries ills. That thought process is at the center of our issues.

irishNJ

I did not catch your name....what was it again?

I always chuckle when someone thinks one party is purely responsible for this countries ills. That thought process is at the center of our issues.
No. I don't think the Democrats are blameless, far from it. The argument that they pressured Freddie and Fannie execs to approve mortgages for those that couldn't afford them is certainly valid among many other topics.

However, I think it is necessary to get this stuff in the open and state the facts that allow us to come to a reasonable conclusion rather than base our arguments on erroneous preconceptions.

Latest posts