The Day America Died.....

Help Support The Pipe:

Vick

why is everyone on here so harsh about spelling and grammer ? maybe its just me but i treat posting like txting i always just write short hand and often post from my cell. so for everyone who always bashes us think about. Ive been told twice to get hooked on phonix..lol....i think its hilarious ...i have a 4 yr business degree with 5 college english courses under my belt. I think if i wanted to write in proper english i could and so could this guy/girl...So i ask if its not perfect who cares...no body is gradeing it and when that day comes ill write correctly for all of you.
Dude, it's not about spelling, it's about the ability to put together a coherent thought. If you can make out what the hell he's talking about, please enlighten me. Also, not to bash, but if you can write in proper English, then why not do it. We may not be bff's but wtf:) Brb, my gf is calling.

nixon

Flame away you tree hugging homosexuals. You will get what’s coming. You wanted change. Change you shall have. God save America!!!
Come out of the closet already - your insecurities are painful to watch.

ewrjet

He did have questionable relationships with terrorist sympathizers and organizers, and if I hear one more person say "He just sat on an education board" PLZZZZZZZZZ. He did say he would bankrupt the coal industry! You may ask then why did Ohio and Penn State vote him in? This election had a record number of early voters that included Ohio and Penn State, bet those coal miners are regretting that one.

Pennsylvania does'nt have early voting.(I live in PA)

Obama and McCain have the same position when it comes to coal-fired plants. The difference is McCain wants to phase in the penalties slower than Obama.

They both have questionable relations in thier past.
- McCain's involvement with the S&L scandal.(Keating 5)
- McCain's relationship with G. Gordan Liddy.(Watergate Burgler and convicted felon)
- McCain's involvement in land deals in Arizona.
- McCain's organization giving a group founded by Rashid Khalidi $448,000.

None of these guys is squeaky clean! So jump down off McCain's high horse.

kidicarus5897

racism is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whitie can't be holding the black man down anymore if one is now president! No more race cards! Yay!

SpatialD

So your saying that we're better off not having organized labor for now and that corporate management should have full control over the workplace, eliminating the rights of workers....because it's some warped Marxist phenomenon......riiiiiiiiight. Tell you what, why don't you cancel your affiliation with ALPA and write a nice letter explaining why you think it's not worth the cost, and how involvement in a union does not promote life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Let's just let corporations run the entire show. That'll surely improve quality of life for everyone. That'll show all us Marxist types!!....or maybe you'd like to further explain yourself.
Don't have to further explain. It's right there in my original post. At this point, at least in this industry, it's a necessary evil. I freely acknowledge that. I'll keep paying my dues until there's a better option. There was a time when things could have been handled differently, and better, but now it is what it is. All I was saying is that McCain not being friendly toward unions does not make him a bad man. I'm not saying I'm his biggest fan, just that I can understand why he's not pro-union. I'm not really pro-union either, but it's the only real mechanism available to pilots to protect their interests. Sort of like an old Russian piece of crap tank during the cold war - just a bucket of bolts really, but that's what they had to work with. I get that.

Pre,

I'm spewing fear? Is that what you’re claiming? Awesome Prelude, I guess September 11th was all fun and games. You my sir were right, this isn’t your grandfathers America. Trust me bro, trust me, George Washington is rolling, flipping, and screaming in his grave. There is a responsibility that comes with being the only world’s super power. You claim we want to take over the world? No sir you’re wrong, we answer the world when they call on us. You remember ww1? What about ww2? What about Korea? Man you got a serious case of amnesia. I told you the truth in my previous post, Americas history is dirty but remember war is hell and there’s nothing clean about war. On 9/11 we were called upon again. This time it was different. An attack on our home land. Blame Bush, blame Blair, blame the radical right wingers. I'd rather see war in Iraq than war here in America. The day a 50 year servant of this country whom spent 5 years in a prison war camp loses an election to a man with less than 150 hours in the senate with no record of CHANGE is the day America died. Obama’s time in senate would equal 6.5 days in Vietnam tied up like a pig. Flame away you tree hugging homosexuals. You will get what’s coming. You wanted change. Change you shall have. God save America!!!
Be careful Rot. Stay with God, even if it means letting America go. The people have made their choice and you can be sure it will get worse from here. It's what they want. Overcome evil with good. Flesh and blood are not the enemy.

nixon

Be careful Rot. Stay with God, even if it means letting America go. The people have made their choice and you can be sure it will get worse from here. It's what they want. Overcome evil with good. Flesh and blood are not the enemy.
Letting America go? Worse from here? The enemy being who? The devil?
Statements like those are enough wonder the mental stability of some.

Wes Mantooth

I have been finding the after election backlash disturbing. I mean we are talking about professional adults who fly airplanes spewing the most hysterical and insane posts I have seen in a while. I mean guys its ok to be upset in the outcome but don't go off the deep end over this.

Left Coast

I kind of had it figured out that Obama was going to win this for while. I think it's really strange that people will blame this outcome on almost anything as long as they don't acknowledge that McCain ran a horrible campaign and Bush is a horrible President.

I really liked McCain. I would have voted for him eight years ago, but not now. There were times during this campaign that I saw the "real" McCain. The one that I liked. Those times were very few, and one of them was his concession speech. I will admit, he had an uphill climb to get my vote, but he sure did make it much easier for me to vote for Obama.

Anyway, I had actually made the decision a while back that I wouldn't get on this board and gloat or express my happiness about Obama winning because I know how it feels to have my guy lose, and to have to hear that kind of stuff.

So, for the majority of those McCain supporters I will keep to my promise. But for the "whack jobs" that are posting some of the most hysterical B.S. on this sight, which I am sure are a minority, I will just say that I am so happy with this outcome. Hearing some of this drivel is downright scary. I knew things were bad but I didn't realize they were this bad. We have some seriously deranged people in this Country. I just heard about a woman who is preparing for a holocaust because she thinks Obama is the Anti Christ.

I know these types of people exist. I just thought they stood on street corners and suffered from mental illness or drug addiction. The real irony of these types of so called "Christians" is that if they were given the actual choice between a candidate that would raise their taxes by one dollar a year and the ACTUAL DEVIL, they would choose the devil.

For all you guys that are upset, you can take solace in this. The system actually does work. This election has proven that. If Obama does the horrible job you think he will do he will be voted out of office in four years. The system would have worked this way back in 2004 except Kerry ran a worse campaign than Gore did (which at the time I thought would be impossible but it happened). Keep that in mind. And don't be pissed off at the people for voting Obama over McCain. Be pissed off at yourselves for voting for Bush over McCain.

Last edited:

SpatialD

Would you prefer he take his religious extremist views, as expressed on this thread, to their ultimate conculsion? If he is a follower of Christ, then he must accept persecution, just as Christ did - not go off on a psychotic crusade against tree huggers and homosexuals.

As for the mental stability remark, perhaps it would be more beneficial to think in terms of wisdom and foolishness rather than sanity or insanity. I have personally never met anyone with what I would consider a significant amount of mental stability. I think we're all pretty F'd in the head as a species. The historical evidence would seem to support me on that.

coolyokeluke

I kind of had it figured out that Obama was going to win this for while. I think it's really strange that people will blame this outcome on almost anything as long as they don't acknowledge that McCain ran a horrible campaign and Bush is a horrible President.

I really liked McCain. I would have voted for him eight years ago, but not now. There were times during this campaign that I saw the "real" McCain. The one that I liked. Those times were very few, and one of them was his concession speech. I will admit, he had an uphill climb to get my vote, but he sure did make it much easier for me to vote for Obama.

Anyway, I had actually made the decision a while back that I wouldn't get on this board and gloat or express my happiness about Obama winning because I know how it feels to have my guy lose, and to have to hear that kind of stuff.

So, for the majority of those McCain supporters I will keep to my promise. But for the "whack jobs" that are posting some of the most hysterical B.S. on this sight, which I am sure are a minority, I will just say that I am so happy with this outcome. Hearing some of this drivel is downright scary. I knew things were bad but I didn't realize they were this bad. We have some seriously deranged people in this Country. I just heard about a woman who is preparing for a holocaust because she thinks Obama is the Anti Christ.

I know these types of people exist. I just thought they stood on street corners and suffered from mental illness or drug addiction. The real irony of these types of so called "Christians" is that if they were given the actual choice between a candidate that would raise their taxes by one dollar a year and the ACTUAL DEVIL, they would choose the devil.

For all you guys that are upset, you can take solace in this. The system actually does work. This election has proven that. If Obama does the horrible job you think he will do he will be voted out of office in four years. The system would have worked this way back in 2004 except Kerry ran a worse campaign than Gore did (which at the time I thought would be impossible but it happened). Keep that in mind. And don't be pissed off at the people for voting Obama over McCain. Be pissed off at yourselves for voting for Bush over McCain.
Well said, well said. McCain sold his soul in order for the Republican party to endorse him. It would have been a far tighter election had the Republican party machine let McCain be himself. As you said we saw a glimmer of his former self in his elegant concession speech.

Obama will be a welcome breath of fresh air from the failed policies and leadership of the past eight years. He is a strong enough and smart enough leader to staff his cabinet with tough independent thinkers instead of picking staffers based on loyalty. That's what Abraham Lincoln did. We need a smart pragmatic leader who will listen to counterpoint.

I feel Obama will likely lose the next election though. The problems he is inheriting are too severe to be fixed in four short years.

elgeneralisimo

Well said, well said. McCain sold his soul in order for the Republican party to endorse him. It would have been a far tighter election had the Republican party machine let McCain be himself. As you said we saw a glimmer of his former self in his elegant concession speech.

Obama will be a welcome breath of fresh air from the failed policies and leadership of the past eight years. He is a strong enough and smart enough leader to staff his cabinet with tough independent thinkers instead of picking staffers based on loyalty. That's what Abraham Lincoln did. We need a smart pragmatic leader who will listen to counterpoint.

I feel Obama will likely lose the next election though. The problems he is inheriting are too severe to be fixed in four short years.
Both of you guys are right. Obama did inherit problems that are going to take more than 4years to fix. Unfortunately we the people have high expectations and Obama is just a man like all of us. The American people like quick results and unfortunately it might cost Obama his re-election if he doest fix the problems quickly.
McCain would of been the perfect candidate back in 2000. But in 2000 the Republican party decided to elect a candidate from the born-again christian wing of the party instead of the intellectual, libertarian, fiscal conservative wing of the party.
The Republican Party (as well as a lot of the nutjobs here) are going to have to realize that America has changed. The American people no longer think abortion, religion and gun control are the main issued to vote for. We are beyond that, Roe v Wade will not be over turned and Freedom of Religion and gun ownership are protected by the Constitution and will never be taken away. I never understood the people here whom only selectively believe in the Second Amendment but are the first to tell "shut the fukk up" (TexasAviator remember the pm you sent me) to those who think different and selectively disregard other parts of the Constitution.
If Sarah Palin is the future of the Republican Party they are bound to fail, if they find a new, leader who resembles the late Barry Goldwater's view on "keep the government out of my business". Then they will regain control of the house, senate and presidency.

coolyokeluke

Both of you guys are right. Obama did inherit problems that are going to take more than 4years to fix. Unfortunately we the people have high expectations and Obama is just a man like all of us. The American people like quick results and unfortunately it might cost Obama his re-election if he doest fix the problems quickly.
McCain would of been the perfect candidate back in 2000. But in 2000 the Republican party decided to elect a candidate from the born-again christian wing of the party instead of the intellectual, libertarian, fiscal conservative wing of the party.
The Republican Party (as well as a lot of the nutjobs here) are going to have to realize that America has changed. The American people no longer think abortion, religion and gun control are the main issued to vote for. We are beyond that, Roe v Wade will not be over turned and Freedom of Religion and gun ownership are protected by the Constitution and will never be taken away. I never understood the people here whom only selectively believe in the Second Amendment but are the first to tell "shut the fukk up" (TexasAviator remember the pm you sent me) to those who think different and selectively disregard other parts of the Constitution.
If Sarah Palin is the future of the Republican Party they are bound to fail, if they find a new, leader who resembles the late Barry Goldwater's view on "keep the government out of my business". Then they will regain control of the house, senate and presidency.
It's going to be interesting to see how the Republican party re-invents itself in the wake of this election. They are going to have to figure out what to do about the deep fissue in the party between the social conservatives and the Barry Goldwater type conservatives. I fully agree that if Palin represents their future they are bound to fail on the national stage.

nixon

I fully agree that if Palin represents their future they are bound to fail on the national stage.
That would be the greatest mistake in the GOP's history - the party would disintegrate and be done - perhaps allowing for something better to be born. She is more polarizing than Hillary could ever dream of.

irishNJ

Ha ha. "the intellectual wing" of the Republican party ... Don't make me laugh. As Bill Maher says the GOP is now The "Know-Nothing" party.

T-Gagnon

Lets reserve judgment till 2011. We all know what the repubs have done the last 8 years so we can talk about that.

Remember that the dems have had control for the past two....

I think we should toss them all and pressure wash the place and start over.

Latest posts