RSW HOTEL SUCKS!

Help Support The Pipe:

flySEA

This Best Western is the worst hotel I have stayed in a long time! It's a 30 min van ride to a crappy hotel that the van driver is never around to take you anywhere and the staff is completely rude. Im sure The CAL crews are down a mile on the beach! We passed 7 hotels that XJT has contracts with! What a dump!

SF3Flyer

I know you're just venting here and are about to call or have just called the Hotel Hotline...

Ryan J. More

I'm from there and used to park at that hotel when I commuted. The CAL crews stay there as well. For their long overnights they stay at the Hilton Garden, which is an even longer ride. The BW used to be a 10 min or less ride from the old terminal, but the new one is a lot longer. Don't forget, just because we have agreements with a certain chain elsewhere, doesn't mean that franchise owner in RSW will bid for the business. In all honesty, this time of year down there, they don't need the airline crews with discounted rooms.

Try maybe July or August and then we would be in a better position to negotiate. The van used to take crews out but with the added time for airport travel now, they can't anymore.

British

flySEA said:
We passed 7 hotels that XJT has contracts with! What a dump!
XJT does not have any hotel contracts. All of our hotels are contracted to Continental Airlines.
The Best western is a property used by Continental. XJT is overnighting crews as Continental has moved some of the service to Regional Jets.
The hotel is currently under contract and when the contract is up for renewal either the XJT or Continental Hotel Committee will consider other properties if they are indeed availble.

Latest posts