Pace shuts down

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by Champ2kt, Sep 18, 2009.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Sep 18, 2009 #1

Champ2kt

Champ2kt

Champ2kt

Pace quit flying yesterday, says at least for 90 days. The emploees are sure its finally done. The place was kind of a sh!ty operation but lots of good people.

2. Sep 18, 2009 #2

acme screw

acme screw

acme screw

The final nail in the coffin was when CAL cancelled the MX contract with Pace. I don't know if CAL had cause or if Larry decided to screw another contractor. Hopefully our Charter department is calling the old Pace charter customers to try to expand, Pace carried several college basketball teams.

3. Sep 18, 2009 #3

SF3Flyer

SF3Flyer

SF3Flyer

Having been a former Pace crew member, this is a sad day. Pace wasn't just a place to work, it was family. I made many friendships there. You really got to know the crews well. It was just a small group of people, sharing their love of aviation.

Many of the people I flew with in 2003 have moved on, but quite a few were still there.

I wish all of them the best. Someone on another forum mentioned that it's almost impossible to think that someone could completely kill an airline in just 110 days (the time since Mr. Rogers took over). Criminal charges should be pressed against that man. This was a company with it's roots deep in aviation. They still flew on the ORIGINAL Piedmont certificate.

4. Sep 19, 2009 #4

acme screw

acme screw

acme screw