Ottawa (YOW)

Help Support The Pipe:

fmr_starchecker

I have a good Sat. night overnight in YOW next month...anybody know how the nightlife is up there...aye?

siupilot

was there once a few months ago...there's restaurant across the street....good food and beer. can't remember the name of it though.

have fun up dere, aye?

C

CLE145CA

Don't know how long your overnight is, but the bus station is a short walking distance from the hotel. The front desk will exchange money for you to use on the bus. They can tell you the bus to take downtown. The bus system there is pretty amazing with their own roadways until they get to the city.

You'll want to get off near the Parliament Building. Once there you can walk down the hill to this big market and restaurant area where there are lots of interesting places to eat. Seems to be a busy nightlife area. Well worth checking out.

We arrived at 3 pm and managed to get downtown by 5. We checked out the Parliament Building, went up in the clock tower to get a view of the city, then headed to find food. We ended up eating at an Irish pub in the area I mentioned above.

fmr_starchecker

Its a 23 hour overnight ....thanks for the info.aye..if I track down any good Canadian bars I will report back.

Shiznit

there's a decent little Thai restaurant behind the hotel. Also a movie theater across the street if you don't want to go downtown.

Fats Schindee

Never made it into the downtown area, but there're quite a few restaurants and stores around the hotel. The rest./bar across the street is called "Tuscon's" and has live blues/rock/jazz/rockabilly music thurs-sat nights (and sometimes weeknights too). Went 2 nights in a row and heard great music and had fun both times. There is also a good Vietnamese food restaurant in the same area across the street, as well as a Blimpies, Harveys, Wendy's, etc, etc...

The hotel has free wired internet, you just have to ask for a cable from the front desk (or bring your own). And the gym isn't as bad as most hotel gyms, and there's a pool. Not a bad overnight IMO.

Z28_Pilot

fmr_starchecker said:
I have a good Sat. night overnight in YOW next month...anybody know how the nightlife is up there...aye?
Go downtown to an establishment called "Bare Facts" (you can figure out what kind of place it is).......all very friendly and as hot as Canadian women can get! (which, in my opinion, is pretty **** hot!)

Oh yeah BTW, it's "EH".....not "AYE"......you are confusing Canada with England!

-Z

D-Luv

Just get 19 orders of French Fries with Gravy and 3 twelve-packs and sit in your room for the whole 23 hours.

ddornacker

Stayed at The Southway Inn last night (21Jan06). Nice hotel, across the street is a place called Tucson's. Bar/restaurant/nightclub. Excellent food, beer was kinda high priced $4.61 a draught for Labbat Blue, night life was good with a blusey type band. Overall a good place. Had lunch behind the hotel at The Bombay Garden. Awsome food well spiced and colorful. Made to feel at home.

Latest posts