Omni Air and Southwest Pilot Hiring Windows

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by ExBizJet, Mar 14, 2019.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Mar 14, 2019 #1

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

I was on another Aviation Site tonight and saw that Omni Air (767/777) and Southwest just announced that they are opening their pilot Windows.

Southwest. No Brainer and they love XJT people.

Omni Air. ACMI and DOD contract. Lots of long haul international. Gone a lot. Great place to build a year of international heavy iron time then move on. Positive space to work. Hotel points. Airline miles.

2. Mar 27, 2019 #2

Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear

Has anyone received anything back from SWA , either a yes or a no yet ? I've had my app' in for over a month now and it still just says "Received submission". Just curious......

3. May 3, 2019 #3

Miked3016

Miked3016

Miked3016

Ex XJT FO, I can highly recommend Omni. I still have apps with the majors, but if they don’t call Omni is a great place to be. First year FOs making $10K month, running 2 year upgrades on both the 767 and 777, true home basing, no commuting, no crash pass and a variety of schedules from 18 on/ 12 off to split schedules. On average for the past 2 years I have spent 12-14 days away from home most months.

Cujo665 likes this.
  4. May 9, 2019 #4

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

My SW TBNT came second day of basic indoc at UA. Good luck to all still trying to get in over there. We had two SW guys and one Delta in my class btw. Going cargo doesn’t negate you from getting into UA either, if anyone was wondering.

5. May 24, 2019 #5

Cujo665

Cujo665

Cujo665

Former Eagle. I’ll second this post. Just finished my first year. I’m at $59k for the year so far. I’ll add that if you can get used to one long trip instead of 2-4 shorter ones, then be prepared for two weeks off at once every month. Bid smartly and take a 4 weeks off straight.
    No commuting the day before or after your trip. The first and last day are your paid travel days. No crashpads, always get a hotel and keep most hotel points and all airline miles. You’ll be executive platinum, mosaic, diamond and everything else fairly quickly. Fly under 117, not the older rules cargo haulers still use. Then, be prepared to fly 25-40 hours a month.
    With the new payscales, short upgrade, home basing (this is huge by the way) I’m not even looking elsewhere anymore.
    The B767-300 12 year CA pay is currently higher than all three legacies.
    I’m not going back to jumpseating to/from work on uncommutable trips, to sit reserve in crashpads.... and then do it again upon upgrade.

6. Jun 1, 2019 #6

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

Just announced, Southwest to start ab-initio training program:

Dallas Daily News Service
    In a bid to again out-think the flag carriers with their business plan, Southwest Airlines announced a new program to bring in truly gifted candidates with zero, or near zero flight time. Those who meet minimum academic and financial responsibility criteria could be given a chance to interview for the new program. The program, Zero2Hero, was created to compete mostly with United Airlines and their Lufstansa academy program. Undisclosed sources at Southwest have indicated the new program is in response to the pilot application database dropping below the 10,000 threshold for the first time since the 90’s. With the pilot pool drying up quickly, and legacies continuing to make flowthru agreements with their regionals, it is a logical step for an airline with no regionals. (4/1/19)