No more mainline in aft js

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by flyinbullseye, Sep 20, 2013.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Sep 20, 2013 #1

flyinbullseye

flyinbullseye

flyinbullseye

I understand many dont care however;

Inflight has received many questions about the current status of jumpseat privileges and listing capabilities on United mainline flights.

While there have been no changes made to date, United informed us that at some point ExpressJet Flight Attendants will no longer have access to United mainline aircraft jumpseats. At our request, United agreed to postpone this change until further notice from them, thereby allowing us to give adequate notice to the ExpressJet Flight Attendant group. At this point we do not have a firm date for which this change is to be made. Once we have further information from United Airlines, we will pass on that communication.

Delta, United and American Airlines have implemented open cabin seat agreements, which include their regional flying partners. All ExpressJet Flight Attendants currently have access to Delta, United and American flights in the domestic network. Details of the cabin seat agreements can be found on xjt.com > Documents > Forms > Cabin Jumpseat Agreements.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. Sep 20, 2013 #2

kailuaboy

kailuaboy

kailuaboy

I care. I care about the BS our flight attendants have to put up with. I care about one of my fellow employees getting crapped on. If/when this goes into effect, no mainline FA will be allowed in my aft jumpseat!

3. Sep 20, 2013 #3

Tatar Salad

Tatar Salad

Tatar Salad

What is up with all the inflight bu*******? A seat is a fuking seat

4. Sep 20, 2013 #4

siesta

siesta

siesta

On behalf of the F/A'S I want to Thank you for your support we need a reciprocal with all the new bases we can hardly get seats as it is. If and when this happens I hope that our company takes our aft away from them it would put more pressure on United to keep the reciprocal.
    But the Captain has the final say!!

5. Sep 20, 2013 #5

AlohaFA

AlohaFA

AlohaFA

If we start denying them the js now, they'll put pressure to get it fixed. It's going to hurt mainline more than it will XJT FAs. I have had more CAL FAs in the jumpseat than I have XJT.

The memo mentioned we couldn't ride their js, but made no mention of them not having access to ours. Don't think so. I hope our pilots stand up for the XJT flight attendants and back us up when we say no to mainline jumpseaters.

Put yourselves in our shoes. What if you lost access to CASS but others were still allowed to ride in your jumpseat? You know very well that you would be throwing a fit.

6. Sep 20, 2013 #6

Jetlinker

Jetlinker

Jetlinker

I'm with you. The unnecessary drama over this sh*t is getting old. If no one is using the seat why in the hell would you not want another commuting FA to use it? Stupid. Just when I think that I couldn't despise United Airlines anymore than I already do, something like this comes along.

7. Sep 20, 2013 #7

no ka oi

no ka oi

no ka oi

Good to see it going the right direction....

I don't think they care. Too many of us feel bad and let them on myself included.

But that will change now that is going the wrong direction.

8. Sep 20, 2013 #8

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

I didn't think the company "owned" the jumpseats, but it was rather a union deal. Time to get your new union to start negotiating this for you or to yank the privilege from the United FA's until this mess get's sorted out. I feel most of us pilots are always glad to help out our FA coworkers where we can, but it will get ugly quick if there ends up being some kind of jumpseat war over this... especially while United is hiring pilots and nobody wants to crater a career opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I'm with the FAs on this. I've felt the non-reciprocal aspect of the FA jumpseat agreement has always been BS and have been willing to help out all along. So, it would be nice to see this settled.

9. Sep 20, 2013 #9

Dane Weiss

Dane Weiss

Dane Weiss

I'm with you just remind me...lol

10. Sep 20, 2013 #10

kailuaboy

kailuaboy

kailuaboy

Future job be damned, its the right thing to do.

11. Sep 20, 2013 #11

Dane Weiss

Dane Weiss

Dane Weiss

Crater a career opportunity...lmao dude this isn't the 70's no more bro...that dream is over!

12. Sep 20, 2013 #12

T/R DISAGREE

T/R DISAGREE

T/R DISAGREE

If this passes, they have vacation passes. I am sure they are itching to use them. As for now, let every UAL FA know what their company is attempting to do and what that means to their commute.

13. Sep 20, 2013 #13

knob

knob

knob

I still wonder why our FOM says a united FA has priority over one of our pilots in our aft JS. Not on my aircraft-ill take one of ours anytime before a mainline FA. If any FA I fly with doesn't want UAL FAs in the JS then I'll back you up as well. That was written when CAL still owned us and we still had vacation passes...

14. Sep 20, 2013 #14

coolyokeluke

coolyokeluke

coolyokeluke

Well said.

15. Sep 20, 2013 #15

4spuds

4spuds

4spuds

I can see it now ...

-- JumpSeat Wars --

The next big reality TV show.

16. Sep 20, 2013 #16

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

FA's of ExpressJet.. the next Jersey Shore.

17. Sep 20, 2013 #17

qotsaautopilot

qotsaautopilot

qotsaautopilot

I'm pretty sure that we would talk to the other group and the powers that be like adults and get it sorted out in short order instead of a silly power grab over the freakin jumpseat.

Xjt fa union sits down with ual fa union and makes agreement. What else is there? Both sides are acting like a bunch of children. Give me a break

18. Sep 20, 2013 #18

HelloFA

HelloFA

HelloFA

As far as we are aware this is an issue with United as a company, not the UA FA group or their union. While our unions do work to negotiate agreements that doesn't mean United cannot have say so in the final decision. Our ability to ride their jumpseat is being taken away but their ability to ride ours is not. This has been an ongoing issue for three years that many of us have, in good faith, put people on the jumpseat and hoped that working together would achieve a reciprocal agreement including all UA planes. Instead is has gone the opposite direction.

It really sucks that this is what it's coming down to, but it is what it is. If they are eliminating our agreement then it is eliminated, simple as that. No more me riding a jumpseat in a 757, no more them riding a jumpseat in a 145. Perhaps United will feel more inclined to see the benefits of an agreement if they start having staffing issues because their people can't get to work. That was the only reason we gained access to our aft back when it was still a split (UAX/COEX) operation. Has everyone forgotten that time period where our people weren't allowed on our own JS? Sure seems like it.

19. Sep 20, 2013 #19

dukeuno

dukeuno

dukeuno

I think it sucks what they are doing to our FA's, but I hope you all don't expect me to deny a United Pilot access to our FA jump seat.

20. Sep 20, 2013 #20

skyrocketblonde

skyrocketblonde

skyrocketblonde

i have never denied anyone a js. but if this goes . so does the fa jumpseating on us by united... should we start now or wait. ? i dont commute but i do visit friends and family. mostly always land up js so this is really pissing me off.