My newest (confirmed) rumor

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by I_Love_Lamp, Jun 23, 2010.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Jul 28, 2010 #541

whitesox

whitesox

whitesox

2. Jul 28, 2010 #542

PositiveRate

PositiveRate

PositiveRate

3. Jul 28, 2010 #543

MKFlying7

MKFlying7

MKFlying7

I am all for posting rumors here, and barring any confidentiality agreements that you may be under, on the surface there is nothing wrong with it. Rumor away.

The problem in so far as the SEC is concerned is if someone were to use company news (rumored or otherwise) that was broken in a forum tha is closed to outsiders and used it for personal gain in the market or to influence the market. If the SEC were to notice a large uptick in stock purchases by XJT employees shortly before a big announcement is made public, you better believe that they will make an attempt to find where the information came from. This morning the SEC announced an investigation into BP for that exact thing related to announcements regarding the oil spill.

4. Jul 28, 2010 #544

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

your company creates the worst oil spill in history, you dont need insider information to know that your stock is about to TANK!

5. Jul 28, 2010 #545

mckpickle

mckpickle

mckpickle

Thanks for the kind words. I do get kinda dramatic. Especially for the last 9 months. I've (not just me) been kinda warning, screaming, yelling to anyone who would listen about what was coming. I hate to seem like the smartest kid on the short bus but I've been raising the flag about a lot of issues for some time. Sometimes getting dramatic is the only way to get people to listen. Sometimes I don't feel the company OR union listens anymore.

6. Jul 28, 2010 #546

Flying J

Flying J

Flying J

With the multiple recent announcements of the company cleaning up its balance sheet, that leads me to believe something is in the works.

Guess we still all have to wait and see WHAT now.........

7. Jul 28, 2010 #547

Citation10

Citation10

Citation10

XJT Asks for Stock ReviewExpressJet Holdings, Inc., spotting unusual trading activity in its common stock shortly before the close of the market yesterday, contacted NYSE Regulation, Inc. (NYSER) to request an immediate review as to whether its stock has been the subject of illegal manipulation, including short selling. It followed-up with an investigative request to the Securities and Exchange Commission. The NYSER agreed to conduct a review of this matter and the company intends to fully cooperate with any investigation as it believes such action is prudent to represent the best interests of all security holders in ExpressJet.

You guys don't get it. We don't have the power, the info, or the $$, to make even a small dip in stock price. The SEC are like the cops. You don't call 911 because a pickup truck has trash blowing out the bed. I am sure the cops will jump in the cruiser and chase down said litter bug. They don't have the man power, the time, or the smarts to look over hundreds internet rumors!!! The above link was the company looking into "someone aka CAL" forcing the stock price down. The BOD can call the SEC to report a crime and nothing happens. No recourse for above faults just a "we will look into it letter" from the SEC.

Lamp have a free for all and pass on all the info you want. Its just another rummor till the plane is at the gate.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  8. Jul 29, 2010 #548

TAF

TAF

TAF

I don't know why everyone is getting so upset by this. If you are stupid enough to purchase stock based on a "confirmed rumor" on an internet forum you either like to gamble or are a complete idiot. It is nothing more than a rumor that we may have got the flying and it is nothing more than a rumor that some other carrier got awarded this flying instead of us. Nothing is a done deal until the ink is dry and the official announcements are made. I would not rule out an 11:59:59 deal being made in our favor.

And for those idiots this is not a stock tip.

9. Jul 30, 2010 #549

PositiveRate

PositiveRate

PositiveRate

On a side note, who was the cutie you were with in CLE yesterday? lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  10. Aug 4, 2010 #550

I_Love_Lamp

I_Love_Lamp

I_Love_Lamp

Might as well clear this one up for everyone.

We had a CPA with Mesa practically done. We were going to bring the 135s back to replace the Dash's for Mesa in Phoenix, and the 145s would replace the existing CRJ200s flown by Mesa.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and XJT basically stopped showing any interest in the CPA, then revealed the information about the Skw offer. Like I said in an earlier post, I contend that this is Skw trying to get theirs after their previous failed attempt and also perhaps sour grapes over not getting the US Air contract they've coveted for so long.

Hope everyone had fun, in the end the news came out a little different than intended. In my opinion, worse, but who knows where this will go.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  11. Aug 4, 2010 #551

klhaviation

klhaviation

klhaviation

Prob the merger changed former xjts mind mabye skw group will have asa fly the mesa stuff. Good for us mabye if this merger is not a stripping of xjts fleet for skywest uses. I hope this merger will lead to a better quality for us. Or else as career change

12. Aug 5, 2010 #552

mckpickle

mckpickle

mckpickle

Ok there lamp......wanna decode your silly little poem now? Douche.

13. Aug 5, 2010 #553

PositiveRate

PositiveRate

PositiveRate

He did in another thread already I think or maybe this one or who knows theres over 9000 merger threads. And I posted this in another thread already too but I feel its appropriate again right here! Cheers!

[​IMG]

14. Aug 5, 2010 #554

GasPasser

GasPasser

GasPasser

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

15. Aug 5, 2010 #555

stongda

stongda

stongda

I didn't think McKnight could be funny, but every now and then odd things happen...

16. Aug 6, 2010 #556

I_Love_Lamp

I_Love_Lamp

I_Love_Lamp

I might be a douche but your wife is still hideous.

17. Aug 6, 2010 #557

TAF

TAF

TAF

Well what is stopping this from happening? Is option A: Merge with Skywest option B: continue with the planned flying for UsAir? I say the hell with Skywest lets take option B unless Skywest wants to merge us into one list and we still get the UsAir flying.

18. Aug 6, 2010 #558

bonanza

bonanza

bonanza

dang - what happened to the poet in you.

I might be a douche but your wife is still hideous.
    Your daily harangues getting a little bit tedious.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010