My newest (confirmed) rumor

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by I_Love_Lamp, Jun 23, 2010.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Jul 26, 2010 #501

ipilot

ipilot

ipilot

Well if we merge with SKW using our scope language, that might be a plus for all of us. It would bring the SKW guys under our work rules and merge all of the lists. It would significantly reduce whipsawing and probably make for a potent contender in the regional world. The question is, would the majors want such a massive regional?

2. Jul 26, 2010 #502

klhaviation

klhaviation

klhaviation

I don't think a merger with sky west would be beneficial for xjt. we would probably not come out on top.

3. Jul 26, 2010 #503

Harry

Harry

Harry

Seniority integration is the key. Not a separate company, separate list under a SKW umbrella. Merge us all and take on this industry together.

4. Jul 26, 2010 #504

nashty13

nashty13

nashty13

A SLI with SKW/ASA/Mesa and XJT would (with 99% probability) be a ratio-ed list. If you are a junior line holder now you will be after the list are done. DOH and all-out staples are just as extinct as the dinosaurs. The only ones that get stapled are the current furloughed pilots when the merger is announced. We are obviously getting ahead of ourselves with integration speculation but this rumor is heating up. May you live in interesting times.

5. Jul 26, 2010 #505

JIAFDB

JIAFDB

JIAFDB

Our scope requires one list and one contract for all pilots under the "umbrella." That would take away the whipsaw SKW loves to use (with ASA for now), and require them to under bid all the other regionals for a change. Not sure they can or want to do that.

6. Jul 26, 2010 #506

dalvin

dalvin

dalvin

We will not be merged into a list with non-alpa pilots. If Skywest becomes alpa, the above may be true.

7. Jul 26, 2010 #507

dalvin

dalvin

dalvin

What do you mean by this? Do you mean that Skywest is willing to accept out scope section now or that they feel they can just disregard it this time?

8. Jul 26, 2010 #508

flymeswa

flymeswa

flymeswa

Two questions I'll be looking for answers to after this is all said and done:

What was actually sold, just the airline, or the separate companies under XJT, and who will be doing the hiring of flight attendants...

I actually have about 12 others (such as, will xjt declare Ch 11 first, will we be forced to interview w/ skyw and start over, will the one list have union/non union guys on it in seniority order, if i bid from xjt to a skyw a/c and base, will I still be ALPA, will skyw move xjt flying to skyw, will the combined airline be overstaffed, will we be the sole operator for cal/ual, should we be applying to bickfords...stuff like that)....but those first two will be a good start.

BTW: maybe this should be a new thread since the Airways/Poem thread is separate from these new developments...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  9. Jul 26, 2010 #509

nashty13

nashty13

nashty13

No. With the new union voting rules it is very likely SKW pilots will vote in a union eventually so SKW management does not care about integrating all the seniority lists like they did two years ago. IF we all merge we will vote in a union (most likely ALPA) and start to work on a JCBA. SKW management has bigger concerns than a unionized pilot group despite what the average line pilot here thinks. So yes they are willing to accept our scope requirements.

10. Jul 26, 2010 #510

Whydoitry

Whydoitry

Whydoitry

ALPA doesn't have anything to do with it, our scope requires integration. As stated previously, this is what killed the previously attempted purchase.

11. Jul 26, 2010 #511

dalvin

dalvin

dalvin

This might not be a bad deal then if they let us be with our current contract.

Yes ALPA has everything to do with. The reason for the scope is an alpa contract. Yes, this is what killed the previous proposal and it better be a deal breaker if this comes up again. Our scope does require integration. This is because of our union/alpa contract. We will not integrate with non alpa pilots.

12. Jul 26, 2010 #512

seattlepilot984

seattlepilot984

seattlepilot984

13. Jul 27, 2010 #513

hou757

hou757

hou757

Lamp, I think your thread has been hijacked.

14. Jul 27, 2010 #514

irishpilot84

irishpilot84

irishpilot84

Skywest buying mesa and xjt.... that is one huge regional. I really dont think it is plausible. I dont deny that skywest has the finances to do it but more the logistical nightmare it would entail. Management and seniority integration wise. i think our friends at mesa and skywest would NOT want to merge with our list. We have a pretty seasoned group here that is bound to piss a lot of people off. I know it is required by our contract but an integrated list might still piss people off no matter how fair the outcome is.

The fact that our management has been eerily quiet along with the deafening silence from our union; is starting to scare me a little bit. I think there is something in the works good, bad, or ugly.

15. Jul 27, 2010 #515

Whydoitry

Whydoitry

Whydoitry

Yes ALPA has everything to do with. The reason for the scope is an alpa contract. Yes, this is what killed the previous proposal and it better be a deal breaker if this comes up again. Our scope does require integration. This is because of our union/alpa contract. We will not integrate with non alpa pilots.[/QUOTE]

We do not need to integrate with an ALPA carrier. Our scope provision applies to any merger or successor regardless of their pilots representation, and ALPA will be our representative until integration, post integration representation will be determined in accordance with the RLA, we may have to re-vote for ALPA. So, yes we will integrate with non alpa pilots if we merge, buy, or are bought by a non ALPA carrier. For reference see section 1 part D.

16. Jul 27, 2010 #516

dalvin

dalvin

dalvin

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  17. Jul 27, 2010 #517

dalvin

dalvin

dalvin

It's not right what's going on. Just try to be prepared and have an out plan.

18. Jul 27, 2010 #518

irishpilot84

irishpilot84

irishpilot84

Male stripper was my out but years of crappy airport food did me in. I'm screwed.

19. Jul 27, 2010 #519

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

Oh my f'ing god, take the tin foil off your head and relax cause the government isnt trying to steal your ideas. No deal is going to be broken and noone is going to jail based on a message board called THE CRACKPIPE. in case you didnt notice there are several other pilot internet message boards where pimple faced riddle grads also argue with each other and claim their regional is going to get someone else's new flying because they heard it from so and so.....better yet keep the tin foil on your head cause you look like an idiot and that improves my chances of getting laid when we go out in public

20. Jul 27, 2010 #520

mckpickle

mckpickle

mckpickle

Really...were you aware of the SEC investigation involving the last attempted purchase by skywest? Seems they were very interested in the sudden upswing of XJT stock prior to the announcement being made. REad between the lines on that as I'll not say anymore. You guys think this is just little leage but crap that people spill can cost us jobs.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010