MSP

Help Support The Pipe:

yasir1212

I have the long overnight, but no hotel info. is listed on my pairing. How far is the Mall of America from the Millenium? Anything else to do around that area?

dmcelroy

you are right downtown with the millenium, quite a few restaurants, brits pub is a block away and was good. plenty of stores along nicollett mall (go to right out of the front of the hotel) about 7 blocks is the light rail, which goes right to mall of america, i think it is a couple bucks each way, make sure you have correct change

yasir1212

Ok just got back. Long overnight is at the Millenium Hotel downtown. Overall pretty good place with free internet (even though it says they charge, just call the front desk and they'll take care of it). The Mall of America is not too far away. Just take the light rail, go right out of the front of the hotel and it's about 8 blocks up on Nicollete. Cost is $1.50, even though no one checks the tickets. Lots of restaurants on Nicollette, and if you turn left onto 7th street, there are lots of more restaurants, Applebee's, Hard Rock, TGI Fridays, etc. Hotel has a business center, bar, and restaurant inside.

Rstev1955

ya know............any overnight can be good or bad. It all depends on the crew. I just finished a 4-daywith the most wonderful crew in the world. Princess, you know who you are, even if I didnt go to ABQ. Love you. Brett.....you were okay too (had to say that).

Anyway....it is all in the crew....as always.

sandoval

Take a right out of the hotel and a couple of blocks down is a great irish pub named "The Local."

Great food and beer there - deffinitely good times!

I heard the British pub that is to the right and about a block down has lawn bowling inside - going to check that out next time.

A nice workout room at the hotel - couple of treadmils, free weights. Also, I did not wake up early enough to check it out, but there is a fitness club across the street that allows you to buy a day pass to use their facilities. I think they had a spa and all that kinda crap too.

Latest posts