Mesa gets 15 more 175's.

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by hou757, Oct 6, 2015.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Oct 6, 2015 #1

hou757

hou757

hou757

Just heard Mesa was awarded 15 more 175's by United...

2. Oct 6, 2015 #2

DerMeister

DerMeister

DerMeister

Mesa Airlines Announces Agreement

to Expand its United Express Fleet with 15 New E175 Aircraft

PHOENIX, Oct. 6, 2015 – Mesa Airlines, Inc. today announced an agreement with United Airlines to add 15 Embraer 175 aircraft to Mesa’s United Express fleet. Mesa currently operates 30 Embraer aircraft for United Airlines. In addition to the E175s, Mesa operates 20 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft under the United Express brand.

“We are very pleased to expand our relationship with United with the addition of these 15 new Embraer E175 jets,” said Chairman and CEO Jonathan Ornstein. “Mesa has proven itself as a quality operator of this aircraft type in terms of customer satisfaction and is competitive in terms of cost efficiency. The combination of these two attributes has made Mesa the fastest growing airline in the world over the last three years and will continue to fuel our growth into the future.”

Paul Foley, Executive Vice President and COO added, “Besides the obvious benefit of expansion to Mesa, the addition of new aircraft greatly enhances advancement opportunities for our people, our pilots and other operational employees in particular. The addition of these aircraft will create a minimum of 75 new captain upgrade positions that significantly increase pay, 150 newly-hired first officers, 150 new flight attendant positions and over 100 additional mechanics, supervisors , dispatchers, planning and support staff.”

The E175’s 76-seat dual-class configuration features 12 First-Class, 16 Premium Economy and 48 Coach seats. The aircraft has Inflight Wi-Fi connectivity, leather seating and electric outlets in First Class.
    Bumbaclot is online now Report Post

3. Oct 6, 2015 #3

kniltej

kniltej

kniltej

Just goes to show AGAIN that United doesn't care about quality and only cares about the costs. Jumpseated on a Mesa 175 a month or so ago and the CA had been there just two years. APC says just over 1 year upgrade. Why anyone would come to xjt is beyond me.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  4. Oct 6, 2015 #4

ASAcey

ASAcey

ASAcey

But, but... Our mainline partners are noticing. Our performance is awesome! :rolleyes:

5. Oct 6, 2015 #5

Rob Munson

Rob Munson

Rob Munson

There is no reason for any pilot to come here. Heck, even living in one of our bases wouldn't be reason enough. It's sad to say, but the only things we offer are long upgrade times, horrible first year pay, a shrinking fleet, unproductive trips, and no future beyond 12/31/2017.

6. Oct 6, 2015 #6

Mjm8710

Mjm8710

Mjm8710

And years of reserve with min days off

7. Oct 6, 2015 #7

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

Preach it!!!!! Which begs the question; Unless management pulls a rabbit out the hat, WHY would one EVER vote "YES" to any TA that has concessions?

True. Only to eventually hold a line after a few years, WITH MIN DAYS OFF.........

Although on a serious note, being on reserve living base/not commuting, I had MORE time at home/nights in my own bed than I ever did being a senior line holder and commuting.

8. Oct 6, 2015 #8

Public Enemy

Public Enemy

Public Enemy

Honestly at this point, even if management did offer some kind of slam-dunk industry leading contract, there is still no reason for anyone to come. They're going to go after the company that gets them to a captain seat in a year or two, not the one that pays a 10% premium at First officer wages for eight or nine years. Which begs the question; "At this point why would management even offer a TA that increases their costs?"

9. Oct 6, 2015 #9

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

Agree with that. But pilots on property voting yes/no is SEPARATE issue from whether or not pilots come here concerning my response to Munson.

EGGGGGGS-ZACKLY!!!!!!!!!

10. Oct 6, 2015 #10

Citation10

Citation10

Citation10

Can we hurry up and vote this down so we can strike, and they can just park them all. The only thing United doesn't want is pictures of pilots picketing, at the same time they work to improve Oscar's image. Now is the time for informational picketing!

11. Oct 6, 2015 #11

Hammer

Hammer

Hammer

Informational picketing- lol. Good one!

12. Oct 6, 2015 #12

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

Sad truth......

"Pilots picketing!!!!! They all make so much money, what's wrong with them??? WAIT, they're NOT even United pilots? Just when I thought I couldn't care any less......"

(thought process of the standard/average consumer)

13. Oct 6, 2015 #13

Hercules

Hercules

Hercules

Honest question... I thought you required a huge raise to vote for the next TA. But now you agree the company won't offer ANY raise. So the result would be status quo. Is it just a principle thing where you're not willing to accept a "small" raise? I actually understand that thought.

Or do you think a huge gain at XJT is still a possibility?

14. Oct 6, 2015 #14

BOLT-UP

BOLT-UP

BOLT-UP

What did you guys expect??? We will never fly a dual class aircraft at LXJT ever! The writing on the wall has turned into a flashing neon sign. My next guess is IAH goes sub 100 lines by summer 16.

15. Oct 6, 2015 #15

Citation10

Citation10

Citation10

It is about Oscar and his image. How badly will he work to save his reputation. Signs read..... "We have 99.9% completion and we lose our jobs....United customer first?" "We have 88% on time performance...but Oscar gives flying to the guys that are on time 62%. Is United customer first?" "The other guys cancelled 50 flights today you give them new aircraft, we have cancelled 1.....United looking out for you". Come on you chicken shits I am a expert this ****...... Just Print 500 signs and send a few to United's HR department. Be sure to include the ticket showing you printed 500.

Just for the hell of it you what MEME creators do you use? I am starting a competition for the best MEME. I will send you a back of beer or bottle of whisky for the best MEME's. Go

16. Oct 6, 2015 #16

Chaze

Chaze

Chaze

I don't even know how to reply to this news. As we continue to see both United's (they can't even throw us a bone) and our management take us for granted, lets be inspired by the boldness of the employees of Air France. #mobstyle

17. Oct 6, 2015 #17

Public Enemy

Public Enemy

Public Enemy

I like your thinking! However, remember the way it works at SKYW inc. Skywest receives the CPA, then they decide who will operate the aircraft. XJT never bids for anything. I'm sure that if the mainline partner insisted they wanted XJT to operate that it would happen. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

P.S. Passengers will go right past this as they rush to the latest Kardashian gossip.

18. Oct 6, 2015 #18

Citation10

Citation10

Citation10

I say we skip over this Skywest and go direct to United's CEO. Customers like him and the employees like him. We can try to get him to toss us a bone; before we go public.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  19. Oct 6, 2015 #19

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

First off, you're a flamebaiting troll that's more than likely an alternate sign.

But giving you the satisfaction, who the hell says your two points above are coincident?

AT LEAST get your troll game to average/intermediate level.

20. Oct 6, 2015 #20

Read-Only

Read-Only

Read-Only

Hercules' trolling/alternate sign-in skills are the weakest of the weak.