MCI

Help Support The Pipe:

K

kippersnacks

We are now at the Radisson in MCI and across from the convention center. The hotel says stuff it on a ride to the Plaza area which seems to be about 4-5miles away. However there is a shuttle that takes you for a dollar to the Plaza area. Do not know how reliable it is. Going to go and try and find nearest bar. Good thing my FO is ex-KGB. It's been nice knowing all of you if you don't hear from me again. :?

UTAviator

kippersnacks said:
We are now at the Radisson in MCI and across from the convention center. The hotel says stuff it on a ride to the Plaza area which seems to be about 4-5miles away. However there is a shuttle that takes you for a dollar to the Plaza area. Do not know how reliable it is. Going to go and try and find nearest bar. Good thing my FO is ex-KGB. It's been nice knowing all of you if you don't hear from me again. :?
The bus stop is across the street from the hotel (literally just cross the street in front of the hotel). The bus service is called "Max" http://www.kcata.org/media/MAXFacts.htm
The stop at the hotel is Convention center. Exit Plaza stop, it's roughly 20 min ride from the hotel. Crown Center also one of the stops, and there is quite a bit of food places in there as well. Tanner's Bar and Grill is within walking distance of the hotel. 1000 Broadway, KC MO if you want to mapquest it. Pretty much exit front door and turn right. Go 2 block then turn left for 2 blocks. It's in the corner of Broadway and 10th. Enjoy!

ddornacker

Took TheMax to the Plaza yesterday. Wanted to go to KC Masterpiece. Got there ok but KC Masterpiece now has a Japanese steak house at it. I will miss that bbq. :(

Elusive Napkin

Go to Arthur Bryant's. Much better, and a ton of food. Kinda in the ghetto near the University of Health Sciences on the east side of town. Any local can tell you how to get there. You won't be sorry!!!

Arthur Bryant's is definatly the way to go for BBQ. Tons of great food for not a lot of money but they all are in ghetto neighborhoods. You'll be sorry you ever went to KC Masterpiece!

T

Truman Sparks

ddornacker said:
Took TheMax to the Plaza yesterday. Wanted to go to KC Masterpiece. Got there ok but KC Masterpiece now has a Japanese steak house at it. I will miss that bbq. :(
KC Masterpeice is still there, both places share the same building!

wadlow811

Van ride to the downtown hotel (Radisson) about 30 minutes. There is in-room wireless internet, the only other way to get online is to go across the street to the Marriot where they let non-guests use their computer for free.

At the Radisson (where we stay) the concierge will provide you with a list of all the local recommended restaurants of a range of prices. They will also drive you anywhere in the shuttle for free when its available which seems to be fairly often. There is a good mexican restaurant called Los Corrals about 3 blocks away. They suggest the Jack Stack b-b-q place which is a shuttle ride away.

Nice fitness center on the top floor (27th). We are on the 19th floor, nice view of the town.

SEFlyer

wadlow811 said:
Van ride to the downtown hotel (Radisson) about 30 minutes. There is in-room wireless internet, the only other way to get online is to go across the street to the Marriot where they let non-guests use their computer for free.

At the Radisson (where we stay) the concierge will provide you with a list of all the local recommended restaurants of a range of prices. They will also drive you anywhere in the shuttle for free when its available which seems to be fairly often. There is a good mexican restaurant called Los Corrals about 3 blocks away. They suggest the Jack Stack b-b-q place which is a shuttle ride away.

Nice fitness center on the top floor (27th). We are on the 19th floor, nice view of the town.
For good italian food in Kansas City, ask to go to Garozzo's. I believe its on 5th street by the city market. It's owned by what's left of the Kansas City "Italian" families. Excellent food.

IFlyGC

Forget all that van riding hassle!!!

Out the doors, turn right. At the lights, turn left. Next lights (with pizza hut on the corner) turn right again.

There are 2 bars there...."Quaff" and "I dunno, I was too drunk to remember". Quaff has decent bar food and some great, erm, scenery. They also have pool tables, darts and mutiple TV's with various sports. (not that you'll be wanting to look at the TV's, I assure you!)

The other place (next door) is more of a quiet relaxed place. Haven't eaten there but I'm sure it can't be that bad!

C

celloman

During the summer.. when the Royals are playing you can catch a bus to the stadium and back for $5. When you get to the game show your reciept and they will take $5 off the price of your ticket.

To catch the bus you go out the hotel to the right walk two blocks to the end of the "park" take a left and in the middle of the block you will see a bus stop and the bus will pick you up there.

Latest posts