mccain's vp pick is...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by yokuba, Aug 29, 2008.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Sep 24, 2008 #281

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

In Cleveland there are Ford plants, Chrysler plants (my other neighbor is a welder) and GM plants. They still have a big presence.

2. Sep 24, 2008 #282

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

What the hell was with Palin speed dating all those heads of state today? Nice job, no media access. Once again, what are they afraid of?

At least Obama met with leaders and talked substance. Palin looked like a moose in headlights. As usual, no substance. :(

3. Sep 24, 2008 #283

lap

lap

lap

My comment was sarcasm. That is why there was the razz icon after it. Of course a speech before 200,000 Germans doesn't equate to Palin's new earned foreign policy experience.;) But at least now she has probably met with more foreign leaders than Obama ever has. And I'm sure they were with more preconditions than Obama was willing to set to speak to Ahmedinejad, Chavez, Castro, Ill, Asaad, etc (before he flip flopped on that comment of course).:p

4. Sep 25, 2008 #284

preludespeeder

preludespeeder

preludespeeder

I agree that they still do manufacture cars here but Honda and Toyota make far more cars here then the big three do.

I have seen F-150's with stickers stating "proudly made in America". I laugh because that specific model is assembled in Mexico.

5. Sep 25, 2008 #285
  6. Sep 25, 2008 #286

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

McCain crying about the media is going to blow up in his face. Maybe Palin can save the day with all her new foreign policy expertise.

7. Sep 25, 2008 #287

lap

lap

lap

This is probably true.

8. Sep 26, 2008 #288

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Its more than Obama's.

9. Sep 26, 2008 #289

Whirlpool

Whirlpool

Whirlpool

It seems only the dem VP pick and the repub presidential pick have any foreign experience. But we are arguing about who has the most between people who have little to none.

10. Sep 29, 2008 #290

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Because Obama won't be a heartbeat away from being President...... HE'LL BE President ........... if he wins.

11. Sep 29, 2008 #291

APU

APU

APU

You conservative elephants (includes you LAP!:)) need to stop comparing Obama's experience with Palin's.

In short, here is the difference...The electorate choses the candidate...the candidate chooses the vice-president.

For a more detailed explanation...

The fundamental difference here is that the democrats, republicans, and independents selected Obama as the democratic candidate for president. They did this for whatever reasons they determined would make him best represent them as president. They didn't select him because he was the most experienced (whatever that means) candidate! Making the issue of his experience as far as being the nominee moot.

The electorate had no say in Palin's selection. This was solely the will of John McCain. It is justfiable under these conditions that the electorate vet McCain's vice-presidential pick for the issues they find important. The number one responsibility for the vice-president is the successful continuance of government in the event of the incapacitation of the president.

You elephants keep desperately trying to compare apples with oranges in comparing Obama's experience with that of Palin. The fact is that McCain picked a minimally experienced person to replace him as president of the United States when there were many other more experienced and qualified individuals within his party. A matter of judgement that each of us must decide upon.

12. Sep 29, 2008 #292

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

That certainly is YOUR opinion.

Judgement...........Obama missed his choice of Hillary.... even Mr. Biden thinks she would have been better.

13. Sep 30, 2008 #293

Whirlpool

Whirlpool

Whirlpool

APU,

How much more experience does Obama have and does that vast experience give him a shot at president? And list is his extensive resume which will make him a good president.

14. Oct 1, 2008 #294
  15. Oct 1, 2008 #295

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

You'll be waiting a while.

16. Oct 1, 2008 #296

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

"Despite their political differences, Elliott admits to a bit of a crush on the Alaska governor. He began painting her smile and trademark glasses, he said.......His daughter, who looks a little like Palin and does a great impression of her, served as model for the governor's body."

Like her or not, his daughter........ seriously? I think that is kinda nasty.......... Ikchhhhhhhhhhh.

17. Oct 11, 2008 #297

lap

lap

lap

18. Oct 11, 2008 #298

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

"des-per-ation, why don't you come to your senses."

19. Oct 11, 2008 #299

lap

lap

lap

Who are you quoting?

Anyways, I thought you could do better than that. I was hoping you would throw out the troopergate non-story.;)

20. Oct 12, 2008 #300

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

It was actually a take on the Eagles "Desperado". I guess it wasn't that funny anyway.

Troopergate. Funny how they said what she did was abuse of power, but at least she fired him the right way. Whatever that means.