mccain's vp pick is...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by yokuba, Aug 29, 2008.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Sep 23, 2008 #261

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Would they have realized this without the war or without the resilence of the surge? HMMMMM.

2. Sep 23, 2008 #262

preludespeeder

preludespeeder

preludespeeder

The motions of the change from within came before the surge was even in the news. I would say that means they did it on their own accord.

Are you trying to justify the war based on an evil dictatorship. I thought we didn't attack sovereign nations or is that the rule for the rest of the world and we are allowed to do what we want?

3. Sep 23, 2008 #263

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

First, McCain said, "As long as troops aren't getting killed.", so how you could take that as endless fighting I don't know.

Second, why did Obama or McCain issue statements on the Georgian conflict.... they are not President? The fact is they need to show how they WOULD make the judgements, which again MCCain DID GET RIGHT and Obama got wrong. Plus, to support for something can also help people understand it....

Bush Works To Rally Support for Iraq 'Surge' - washingtonpost.com

By the way, here's what Obama said about the surge on Satin's, I mean O'reilly's show (although I'm sure you would never try to see the other side and watch Satin).

Obama, “I’ve already said it’s succeeded beyond our wildest dreams" on Orielly.

Obama: Surge Succeeded Beyond ‘Wildest Dreams’ - America’s Election HQ

Look, he can keep saying to leave all he wants, and eventually when we do, OF COURSE he'll be "right." That is not a "judgement."

4. Sep 23, 2008 #264

nixon

nixon

nixon

A couple of years of occupation is going to bury centuries worth of animosity and hatred? Overcome religion? What's next? "Make" Israel and the PLO play nice with the help of US Marines? Come on - be real.

5. Sep 23, 2008 #265

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

AHHHHHHHHH, the biasedness comes out. Islam IS... repeat IS...... compatable with democracy. There is an example, Turkey. And like someone FROM THE LEFT actually pointed out, the Sunni's changed since they "realized they were in charge of their own destiny." Hence the term "Sunni awakening" and "Anbar awakening." Look, its not going to be utopia anytime soon, but they'll get better over time.

And people said the Japanese would never understand democracy either, but yet as an example Honda sells the most cars in the US. I think they "got it." I thought the Democrats were supposed to be more compatinate and understanding of the good in people?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  6. Sep 23, 2008 #266
  7. Sep 23, 2008 #267

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Well, the Sunnis used to rule with an iron fist, so whenever "the motions of change" happened, it certainly was AFTER Sadam was ousted. If they were doubting whether they should hold out, the surge probably helped them decide, but leaving would have invited a return to the past.

You say "whatever we want..." Who is "we", the 15 nations who voted (15-0 unanimous) for the UN resolution that mentioned "serious consequences" for non-compliance, or the 40 countries that have put troops in Iraq?

Multinational force in Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(scroll to troop deployment)

"Based on an evil dictatorship" just scatches the surface.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  8. Sep 23, 2008 #268

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

Sarah Palin to meet with 7 world leaders at UN

Funny stuff. How can you praise your candidate for the exact same thing you tried to criticize Obama about? She also just got her passport last year? And she's meeting with Bono? What a celebrity!

9. Sep 23, 2008 #269

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

Matt,

Troop deployment is not any where near those levels now. My relative at the Pentagon has told me that many times other countries will send in troops to be part of a coalition. But soon they are sent home and American forces take their place. They leave very few in place just so they can continue to say they are part of the coalition.

10. Sep 23, 2008 #270

Greg Stone

Greg Stone

Greg Stone

I thought that the Republicans were supposed to have a better command of the facts.

Honda is number four in US market share behind the big three and Toyota.

You and Lap are slipping!

11. Sep 23, 2008 #271

nixon

nixon

nixon

History has a tendency to repeat itself. Where on Earth did you get the idea I am a Democrat? Just because I don't believe in Bush and McCain?

12. Sep 23, 2008 #272

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

I did not specifically SAY you were a democrat did I? It was a rhetorical question.

13. Sep 23, 2008 #273

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

You're right... it was late and my neighbor is always talking about hwo great his Honda is. Number 1 and 4 though... makes my point even better.

14. Sep 23, 2008 #274

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

The implication was that "we" meant just the US. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. While I think the involvement of FORTY countires disproves that, I'd also like to point out that the Euros and others are a little weak on defense/military so the numbers are somewhat a reflection of that also.

15. Sep 23, 2008 #275

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

It doesn't have anything to do with a country having a small military. Look at the United Nations. They do peacekeeping missions throughout the world and most of the troops are United States.

16. Sep 23, 2008 #276

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Okay, whatever.... its still 40 countries.

17. Sep 23, 2008 #277

lap

lap

lap

Yeah but after her meetings, she will have more foreign policy experience then Obama.:p

18. Sep 23, 2008 #278

preludespeeder

preludespeeder

preludespeeder

No because you have said before that talking to political leaders is not foreign policy experience. You have attacked Obama after his trip as not enough. Is this hypocrisy again? Go back to her seeing Russia from an island in her home state. At least that is funny.

19. Sep 24, 2008 #279

Greg Stone

Greg Stone

Greg Stone

I've owned four Hondas. Your neighbor is a smart guy. Obviously not a Republican. ;)

20. Sep 24, 2008 #280

preludespeeder

preludespeeder

preludespeeder

The funny part about republicans and buying Ford/Chevy is that they are American owned but built in Mexico/Canada. Honda, built in America by American workers!