Management NEW -Pay Scale at Express (just and Idea)

Help Support The Pipe:

B

Bubba

Alright - So the Industry is hurting- all I get from the management is "I FEEL YOUR PAIN" (but I am still getting my paycheck and it's a hell of alot bigger than yours! - but I still feel your pain). Well here is an Idea- instead of making these guys multi millions- for doing nothing- tie their pay to our pay - CEO of express 4x senior captains pay - upper management 3 x senior captains pay and so on - chief pilot 1.5 x captains pay with date of hire - That would put every dog in the hunt because it would be driven from the guy working for a living i.e. US! It would give them an incentive to make a fair and equitable contract - not looking down from the ivory tower- (bennies are tied directly to the stock price - for shares - which would make the stockholders happy knowing that they are both looking out for the bottom line and trying to make the company work) Hey - If they don't like it - there are a million MBAs that have experience that would love to come work for a company like this - and they get raises when we do and bennies when the company does good? It gives us all a common goal - I am sick an tired of watching these guys drive off with BMWs and million dollar homes while my first officer can't pay his rent and is wonder if he will have a job next week - while these guys have golden parachutes ready to jump from airplane as soon as we go "Bingo Fuel" - Bubba

B

Bubba

I don't dream too much - because your mama is always waking me for some more - B

xjetsig

Bubba,

I think thats a good idea, now how do we implement this pay scale?

TAChief

it's an excellent idea. unfortunately, we'll never see it! unless of course, we turn this into an employee-owned type operation, and put ourselves on the board, and implement this policy..
it is an excellent idea, though!

B

BetaCoPilot

Or let's just start slashing those nice BMW tires. :twisted:

H

Hottub

Makes me wonder if the rats bring all the cheese they can carry when they leave the ship that's sinking?

B

Bubba

Alright - Question was "How do we do it?"- Answer: Public Opinion- Tell everybody you know what a travesty the pay scale is compared with the Management- and their golden parachutes- the public is finally finding out about these Fat Cats getting millions- while the pilots that are flying them around are getting burger king wages. If people started calling their local news - writing letters to major newspapers News shows- start getting the information out (but read your contract- you can't talk with these entities - about our company - relatives and friends - now thats a different horse- they can exercise their freedom of speech and expression all they want) - you can also buy a single share of stock - go to the stock holders meeting and make a statement asking why there is such a diversity in pay and suggest this system. Call your union- tell them to publicize this- Tell them to use your dues to take out full page ads about the dismal pay at your company and how much the Management is getting paid - -- Just a thought- B