luggage question

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by Capt. Tex, Jan 3, 2010.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Jan 3, 2010 #1

Capt. Tex

Capt. Tex

Capt. Tex

I'm interested to see if anyone is or has used the plastic frame luggage works roller bag (looks like the metal framed stealth). I like the bag just not the weight. I tried to find reviews and even used the search function on here but I got nothing.

Tex

2. Jan 4, 2010 #2

tptp

tptp

tptp

The wife bought me the 22" Executive plastic frame for Xmas. No complaints - seems very sturdy. I upgraded from an Ebags 22". The actual interior dimensions seem less than my old bag, but the pockets around the frame seem to make a net gain in space. Very happy with this bag, but packing for a 4-day with cold weather is about the limit of the 22". You're going to need a duffel or handle bag if you plan a trip any longer than 4. The 26" seems a better size, but it won't fit in a mainline overhead bin wheels-in.
    As to the plastic vs. the metal, I don't think durability is going to be a question, the cloth/zippers are going to wear out first. And really after about 5-7 years you'll probably want a new bag anyways just to have something fresh and clean. LW shows a refurbishment of the 22" at $150ish. I'd rather just get a new bag when this one wears out.

Advice: Get it

3. Jan 4, 2010 #3

ladyp850

ladyp850

ladyp850

I have the plastic frame lw bag. The only problem with it is the extending handle. It isn't as good as the one on the metal bag. I constantly have to rebend it so that it will retract. I did have to replace it once at stop-over and they charged me cause they said I damaged it. It will bend just from the weight of a chart bag hanging off the edge of an escalator. You also can't replace it with the better metal handle cause it won't fit according to stop-over. Other than the handle I like a ton better the 2 travelpros I went through.

4. Jan 5, 2010 #4

cooroy

cooroy

cooroy

Got the wife the plastic one a few years ago and have had no issues. Just like the other guy said the only complaint is that the handle seems alittle flimsy compaired to the metal one.