Looks like eagle caved

Help Support The Pipe:

mdot

Eagle guy here. I haven't spoken to one person whose decision has been affected one way or the other. I take that back. I'm an even stronger NO vote now. I'm not interested in flying larger aircraft for less pay.

kailuaboy

Eagle guy here. I haven't spoken to one person whose decision has been affected one way or the other. I take that back. I'm an even stronger NO vote now. I'm not interested in flying larger aircraft for less pay.
When does your voting close?

JohnnyCleveland

Wow. They just tripled their A/C count because there's a chance they vote it down.

Imagine what they get if they actually vote it down.

Rig

Wow. They just tripled their A/C count because there's a chance they vote it down.

Imagine what they get if they actually vote it down.
Amazing coincidence Eagle Management sweetened the deal after we voted NO.

mdot

When does your voting close?
Voting hasn't opened yet. It may never. The MEC might still vote down the AIP when the language is written. That process should be a few days to a couple weeks from now.

mdot

Amazing coincidence Eagle Management sweetened the deal after we voted NO.
Just to be clear, there is nothing sweet about the prospect of flying larger aircraft for lesser compensation. They've not changed anything, only revealed a bit more information. Their plan is their plan, and it will remain regardless of our vote.

Rig

Just to be clear, there is nothing sweet about the prospect of flying larger aircraft for lesser compensation. They've not changed anything, only revealed a bit more information. Their plan is their plan, and it will remain regardless of our vote.
I agree flying bigger airplanes for less money is not a good deal. Some pilots might be tempted by an agreement that just got a little firmer with the recent language to add more larger airplanes to their concessionary agreement.

This did come out after we voted down our TA. My point being; it doesn't appear to be a coincidence.

mdot

I agree flying bigger airplanes for less money is not a good deal. Some pilots might be tempted by an agreement that just got a little firmer with the recent language to add more larger airplanes to their concessionary agreement.

This did come out after we voted down our TA. My point being; it doesn't appear to be a coincidence.
I agree, of course. I hope our NO vote will do the same for the next pilot group, and so on.

JohnnyCleveland

I've been making the rounds and trying to gauge how things are tentatively with Eagle and I found some interesting stuff from one guy who appears to work at RAH but is clearly well connected. Keep in mind the quotes below were posted before Eagle management's latest "offer" of more aircraft. Good stuff....

The plans are for Eagle to be a 180-197 E175 operator with 40 E145. The E145's will be drawn down slowly over time. The 40 E145 will remain until 2022 for specific markets.

The CRJ's will go to another carrier, PSA most likely. It will happen after you vote down your AIP as a punishment and "we told you we'd close you, this is the first step." Then they will want to negotiate again.

You will get your first E175's as early as the end of summer. They plan to take planes from RAH as they become unable to staff them later this Spring. This is the real reason behind the initial cadre language. The planes will be here sooner than you expect. Just 10-15 to start with. Those will most likely go to MIA or NY I'm being told.

This is the plan, you can vote no, or vote yes. It won't change except for how much profit they make off you; and how much of a stock bump they get from lowering labor costs even further.
and an hour later a little more clarity...

Expect very shortly for the company to guarantee you a fleet plan, while previously they'd only promise 60 jets and options for 90 more.
They know their deal is in trouble and are about to guarantee an even higher number than the combined first offer. The plan is for 180-197, but I'd expect them to "guarantee" a smaller number, but more than their first offer. Expect their new tease to be between 151-179 planes.

What you're seeing is that you were getting these all along. This is them trying to get something for what they're going to do anyway.
Look, they got billion dollar aircraft loans. They didn't get those with a business plan that says "we're going to shop these around as long as we can to try and get somebody to roll over for lower costs." These birds were yours all along.
As we now know, this all came to fruition not 48 hours later.

Talk about pulling the puppet strings. No doubt the same is happening here as we speak. A well calculated and financially abusive response to our rejection. I can't wait to see the dangling carrot, just inches from our collective reach....

Latest posts