Let's tell management what we think of their proposal...

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by frascaflyer, Jul 23, 2013.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Aug 5, 2013 #521

Guardman123U

Guardman123U

Guardman123U

NO. Is still the answer em effers!

2. Aug 5, 2013 #522

Smurf

Smurf

Smurf

I haven't been with the company for very long so don't blast me for asking this... But do all of us actually get to vote on this new contract or is all of this done by ALPA

3. Aug 5, 2013 #523

jacburn

jacburn

jacburn

If you have been here over a year, then you get to vote. The MEC votes first and then we vote. The MEC, if they are smart, won't even give us a concessionary contract to vote on.

4. Aug 5, 2013 #524

Captain A

Captain A

Captain A

Still a F NO!

5. Aug 5, 2013 #525

PSUPilot

PSUPilot

PSUPilot

Isn't it true that SkyWest gets what is in our contract minus 1% or something like that? Or is that some fallacy going around?

If that's the case, why would they be so much cheaper?

And, my answer is no.

6. Aug 5, 2013 #526

lap

lap

lap

They will match any 401k matching funds we get, and any health benefits we get, and any scope we get. They normally pay them roughly average of whatever the current pilot pay rates are at the time minus 2%. But as you know, there are many other things that go into pilot costs that we have and they don't. By the way, currently our matching funds and health benefits are better than theirs. Meaning, it's costing the company more for ours than theirs.

7. Aug 5, 2013 #527

aviat84

aviat84

aviat84

What we get PLUS 1%

8. Aug 5, 2013 #528

mckpickle

mckpickle

mckpickle

No, actually they did allow a very large concessionary package to go to the pilots and it was voted in. They just didn't allow the second package to go to the pilots.

9. Aug 5, 2013 #529

redheadtexas

redheadtexas

redheadtexas

10. Aug 5, 2013 #530

Guardman123U

Guardman123U

Guardman123U

Yes, the problem is that there are a lot of cowards and big mouths that talk a good game, "Vote no...burn it down" but will then quietly sell us out and vote yes.

11. Aug 6, 2013 #531

FROG

FROG

FROG

I hear what you're saying. What I hope, is that everyone has been having the same conversation with themselves/spouse/significant other that my wife and I have been having. The conversation goes over the fact that I'm in my eighth year here, still waiting for that opportunity to move on to United/Delta, and my current income is VERY REPLACEABLE! I literally could get a decent bar tending job and make what I am now. I don't give a **** if I have to stay current doing king air right seat flying until an opportunity comes along to go to a major (not that I believe for one second it will come to that). But it's true, I/we don't need this to survive. I sure as hell don't need it to survive doing it for one friggin penny less than I am now! Furthermore, we feel very strongly about putting the proverbial foot down, and refuse to further contribute to the demoralizing of our once proud profession.

Our foot is down and isn't going anywhere, I really hope other people are having the same conversation.

12. Aug 6, 2013 #532

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

The scary thing is, all of these other pilot groups have voted in concessions. What makes us so different? Will we have the cajones to actually say no.... I hope to god we do. I'd go back to my previous job over doing this job for a penny less. What are they going to do, dissolve the airline, terminate 4000 pilots and just simply transfer the flying. I don't think so. We have the upper hand and it needs to be realized. In the various industries I've worked in, I can tell you this.. Pilots are a bunch of pansy a$$ bitches. I've never seen anything like it. Stand up for yourself, be a man and put your foot down for god sake.

13. Aug 6, 2013 #533

Eagles

Eagles

Eagles

PSA didn't take a paycut. Looking at their rates though it looks like they are inline with our pay rates. The only regionals to take paycuts recently is pinnacle and American eagle. Republic is standing up against their management proposals. Gojets, and compass just don't even compare to the amount of departures or block hours we do. They are both very small companies. Mesa didn't take a paycut either, but they still suck. I often wonder what the performance is like at pinnacle these days. The way I see it, concessionary contract = concessionary work performance. How can you even be motivated to show up...

14. Aug 6, 2013 #534

fazole

fazole

fazole

Once again, mgmt. is asking for concessions, NOT paycuts officially.

15. Aug 6, 2013 #535

CBENWAY

CBENWAY

CBENWAY

Ah...educate me.
    Concessions don't equate to less pay?
    Benefits = money.

16. Aug 6, 2013 #536

fazole

fazole

fazole

I'm not saying that you're wrong, I'm just saying we shouldn't JUST focus on payrate. In other words, I agree w/ you.

17. Aug 6, 2013 #537

lap

lap

lap

They get our 401k matching, our health benefits, and our scope. Anything else is whatever management thinks they need to give them to keep them non union. Normally, it's been some kind of industry average pay rate minus 2%.

Where did you get your information from? Maybe mine is outdated.

Like I said in another thread, we also have voted in our concessions. So far, all indications from the emails point to our MEC letting us vote on another one rather than doing what the EGL MEC did on their second one.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  18. Aug 6, 2013 #538

Captain Tony

Captain Tony

Captain Tony

From everything I'm hearing and reading, these MECs intend to "minimize the concessions" (aka enter concessionary bargaining) then kick it down to us hoping for a no vote. and it will pass in the 60 percentile. There will be no grab your cojones and tell mgt to pound sand moment coming out f these MECs like there was at Eagle. Otherwise, they would have already done it...

19. Aug 6, 2013 #539

puddles

puddles

puddles

Sounds eerily similar to what happened here in 2008. 60% turned out to vote and it split 60/40 in favor of the concession.

20. Aug 6, 2013 #540

Captain Tony

Captain Tony

Captain Tony

They should have told management to shove it at the meeting on the 29th. Management practically dared them to do it by sending Brad Rich. Instead, they ran away with their tail between their legs. Management has already won.