keep the names private

Help Support The Pipe:

E

ewrrjguy

All of us have a fear of management watching over our posts. Please keep the names private. Allthough, you might see some personal attacks, it's all in humor. Most of us will be able to be honest and submit our opinions. Times are tough...The $250,000 airline salaries are gone forever... We need to be vocal and voice our opinions without fear of losing our jobs. Thank you.....

airplay

Hey, sounds good to me. As long as everyone can play nice and keep it at an acceptable level, I'm fine with that.

:wink:

Michael Ambrosio

I am all for remaining secrect for those that would like to, however, what drives me away from that is this. When the other boards didn't require you to use your real name, people would start bogus threads, slam you constantly if you didn't like chocolate ice cream, and so on.

Then one day I am flying with a guy and we were talking about the 'crack pipe' and I was complaining about all the 'secret' jerks that would rip you apart for some of your views and sometimes just to start stuff. This guy starts laughing and tells me that is what he used to do for fun on those boards!! OK?? Seems like a lot of that went away went we went to real names, it kept everyone a little more honest, though not totally.

I think that if you can get enough moderators to verify employee numbers and so forth you can keep out mgt. and therefore don't need to worry about backlash from the company. Just my opinion only. But I do respect that some people like to remain secret. My 2 cents.

Chris Rainey

Hey Ambrosio...jerk, turd, knob....hahahah...see how much fun it is to be anony....ooops. Never mind. :oops:

I agree with your post. Since calforums went "public" the pot stirring and idiot posts went to...well, not zero but it cleaned up a lot of mischief shall we say.

I'm sure the same will happen here as far as anonymous posters go. Part of the territory with that choice. Not a bad thing. Just is.

Willing to try this out in parallel.

Later...

Chris "I'm not a moderator and don't know how that showed up on the board" Rainey

Rightrudder

This is my first post on any forum, however, I used to read the other forum all the time. If you ask me the names should be kept off the posts. The other forum was so much more entertaining before we had to register with our names. I agree that signing your name prevents many of the BS rumors and insults, and provides for more accurate information based reading, but I look to the forum for entertainment, and you have to agree those BS rumors and insulting were amusing. Any of the information on any forum needs to be taken with a grain of salt until backed up with the proper sources such as the ALPA web page and voicemails/blastmail/DNU's/bathroom walls...etc and signing your post should not add any sort of validity until said sources agree.
I really hope this web site takes off, I assume someone will post the web address in the crew rooms since you guys left so much spam on the other forum they had to close it :wink:

Hope this all was legable -- got to go back to my drinking now, it stops the shaking.
X

Nova

or Capt. Fantastic for those ever popular Gulfstream threads.

ExXJTSD

If there is any one thing that will keep me from using this website is the fact the users will hide behind their username. I'm for posting your real name. There are plenty of guys that won't abuse it but it's the handful that do that ruins it for everyone.

B

Burmaster

How do we know its REALLY you! I agree if you dont have the balls to back up your statement with your real name then there should be no slams from anyone named "skybooty" or "nosedive" or my personal favorite "ERJKING"

Mr Hat

The problem is, and I am included in this, that the company and the union already knows everyones nickname. So if you log on with your old CALForums nick, everyone knows who you are anyway. Oh by the way Im here now!
Thanks for setting this up, I too cannot afford/justify the cash to rot my brain online.

Mr Hat

Lets see, I dont know you but I know BoomVang is. Besides, its not me that has a list, its the company and the union. Just be careful.

airplay

Rightrudder: I assume someone will post the web address in the crew rooms since you guys left so much spam on the other forum they had to close it
I won't be posting anything any time soon, seeing how I'm on COLA :D
It looks like the word is spreading already, hopefully it continues.

Take care!

Capt. Caucasian

Maybe "Fark" will start up again asking how low SRJ captain will go. Also, let's all hope that "Franco" will come back telling us all that Central American airlines will take over the US like he did over two years ago :lol: .

TAChief

Capt. Caucasian said:
Maybe "Fark" will start up again asking how low SRJ captain will go.
:D
it was only a matter of time before the term "Fark" came about! after all, we will be having our bid open soon.. we need him back!

H

Hottub

Doesn't make any sense to start a new board with the same simple approach that the original Calforums had and then go down the same road as Calforums.

What? First real names, then secure log ins and then hey, you need a credit card and pay money?

K.I.S.S.

It's all a waste of time anyway and thank God for that!