John McCain

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FlyXJTnow, Aug 4, 2008.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Aug 6, 2008 #61

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  2. Aug 6, 2008 #62

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

Did you see the video? He obviously had no clue what he was talking about. That's a problem McCain seems to have lately. He says some of the dumbest things and then his campaign plays it off as he misspoke, or was misquoted, or was joking. Except no one got the joke. Even last week someone from his campaign said John McCain doesn't speak for his campaign.

Also when asked on the campaign trail about his voting record he can't remember his previous positions without his handlers reminding him or looking it up. Doesn't instill a lot of confidence for a commander in chief.

3. Aug 6, 2008 #63

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

YES, I saw the video. He said Miss Buffalo.....AND NEVER MENTIONED PICKLE LICKING. Sure the contest is at the "buffalo chip," but eh said it with a BIG GRIN...... pssssssssssssssst ...probably a joke... I'm just sayin since you obviously don't get it.
    Either way, lst I checked conservatives were supposed to be "conservative" and liberals were supposed to be "liberal" so it woiuld be the Democratic party that would defend that kind of behaivior.....again, I'm just sayin.

So let's see, you've attacked his POW status and tried to devalue the torture (under any definition) he endured that you and I can't probably imagine, and FAILED;

And now you've attacked his age.... well thats a legitimate issue, BUT HOW DO YOU TRY TO CONNECT THAT TO A TONGUE AND CHEEK JOKE, AND NOT EXPECT SOMEONE TO CALL YOU OUT ON THE CLEAR LACK OF CONNECTION? Seriously, ... really... just quit while your losing. These are horrible arguments. Let me give yo some advice... there were Republicans who hated Clinton so much they lost their judgement. The Democrats are doing the same with Bush, and transfering it to McCain. However, its WAYYY more transparent with McCain because McCain is the most centrist Republican Presidential candidate you'll probably ever see..... your making moutains out of mole hills... and it's clouding your judgment and people arer seeing right through you. I'm still waiting for some answers.

4. Aug 6, 2008 #64

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

Obviously you've never been to Sturgis to see the contest. Have you? I have. If you knew what the contest was all about then you'd know that I can't post video from what ACTUALLY goes on. The pickle thing was a taste....no pun intended.

You can defend McCain anyway you want. I'm sure next you'll tell me that he actually knows the difference between Shiite and Sunni and that Lieberman was helping him out because people didn't get the joke. YouTube - Senile McCain does not know Shiite Shi'a from Sunni

The Democrats are not losing judgment when it comes to Bush and transferring it to McCain. Everyday something more comes out about the Bush admin and the lies they sold the American people. McCain has no ground to stand on. He's been a Senator for over 20 years and has done NOTHING to address the problems he's claiming he'll fix now. In fact, he doesn't even support the MCCAIN-Kennedy immigration bill that was proposed. HIS NAME IS ON IT AS A CO SPONSOR!

Making mountains out of mole hills as you say, but at some point all those little mole hills make one big mountain. I'm starting to realize its a waste of time to banter back and forth with McCain lovers. They are a small minority of the republican party. Most of the party didn't and doesn't want him. Instead of being proud of your candidate, like the democrats are, all you can do is throw daggers at Obama instead of praising all the great things McCain has done. Because there isn't much!

Face the facts that your supporting a candidate who has loose faculties at best, can't remember his stance, can't attract crowds, can't raise money unless its coming from big oil. I didn't even go into the fact that he's on full disability. Most people in his classification wouldn't be allowed to work, and this man is running for president.

Great candidate you have. Not surprised coming from the republicans. Although I'll give you credit for giving a person with special needs two terms in the White House.

5. Aug 6, 2008 #65

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

So, in your little temper tantrum, did you find out if he was tortured or not?

Like was said, pretty shameless of you to exploit McCain's torture while serving his country just to let the rest of know your political leanings and who you'll be voting for.

Lame dude, really lame.

6. Aug 6, 2008 #66

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

ON disability AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....... I know I mnetioned..................

....................HE CAN'T LIFT HIS FR!GGIN ARMS ABOVE HIS HEAD BECAUSE OF THE TORTURE. DID YOU NOT START THIS THREAD ABOUT....TORTURE. Open your ears.

7. Aug 6, 2008 #67

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

Ummm I guess you missed the bigger picture of the point I was trying to make about what constituted torture. I'd expect that you think I use his torture to score political points, but you're wrong. I can understand why you'd think that coming from the Republican side. They use those tactics to discredit people whom they don't like. The Dems usually keep it above the belt.

Go back to listening to the talking points on Fox News because you obviously can't see the bigger picture when things go off script.

8. Aug 6, 2008 #68

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

I'm familiar with the posts. I think McCain could be a vegetable and his supporters would find a way to say he's fit to be president.

9. Aug 7, 2008 #69

preludespeeder

preludespeeder

preludespeeder

This whole debate is interesting to me. I do not think anybody questions McCain's honor to this country for what he endured in Vietnam. I myself consider anybody that goes to fight for this country is honorable. But do I think anybody who has given their time in the service to be fit to be president no. I base my judgement of who should be president by what they offer to do for this country and what kind of record they have if involved in government now.

I have a question for some of you on here. If you base part of your support on McCain's past military service, something from way in his past, why do you choose to ignore the bad things from the past, cheating on his first wife. If you are going to use items from his lifetime, then you need to consider all of them not just the ones that make him look good. Like some have said on here, everybody has skeletons in the closet. I do consider things from peoples past but 90 percent of my choice for a leader is based on their career in government and their proposals if they become the leader.

10. Aug 7, 2008 #70

PhantomHawk

PhantomHawk

PhantomHawk

Unless an intern is blowing you...(rimshot)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  11. Aug 7, 2008 #71

Fats Schindee

Fats Schindee

Fats Schindee

That was pretty funny... until you then replied how funny it was. You gotta wait for someone else to post that, man! Basic crackpipe protocol... geez! Here, I'll do it for ya...

Don't care who ya are, that's funny right thar!

(there, now you get props for a funny joke... laughing at your own jokes is lame) :D

12. Aug 7, 2008 #72

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

Where in all of this did I say I was a Republican or listened to FOX news?

You are making the mistake of thinking that just because I don't agree with YOUR viewpoint that I automatically MUST be a Republican, right?

It's so funny, people like you that are so far on the left think like that. I mean, people on the far left are supposed to be open and broad minded, right? For some reason, I'm not picking up on that with you.

And as far as "off script goes", was not your ORIGINAL ignorant question regarding whether or not he was tortured? Who took this thing "off script" as you say?

13. Aug 7, 2008 #73

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Pres. Bush got better test scores than John Kerry, so what were you voting for?

14. Aug 7, 2008 #74

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Obama was in office 143 DAYS as a Senetor before he announced he would run. Whatever McCain has done, its 10 times what Obama has.

15. Aug 7, 2008 #75

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

If you were familiar, then why would you not know that the torture had done damage that eventually disabled him?

Is there a PT test or obstacle course that Presidents have to run that I don't know of?

16. Aug 7, 2008 #76

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

Matthew Kupetz

See previous post aobut Obama having 143 days, so be that as it may, what record does Obama have?

About the adultery, I can't say I know the facts, but I'll research them. I can say this, i it will bother me. However, what can Democrats say when their last two term Prersident committed it in the White House and got defended by the , "Does it really matter to the JOB of President that he did this?" The Democrats won't go there since they will just have their own words thrown back at them. And there was a certain amount of truth tothat theory, the problem most people had was the lying under oath about it, so I ask what happened to Bill Clinton's license to pratice law? I tell you.... he got disbarred for lying under oath. I'm pretty sure McCain didn't do that, so I guess I can swallow that negative, especially considering the MUCH GREATER negatives of the ALTERNATIVE:(

17. Aug 7, 2008 #77

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

I watch several "news" outlets. When I hear things that echo any of the networks I realize where your information comes from.

You don't have to agree with me or be a labeled a republican. I'm not sure why you distance yourself from a party that your echoing their platform.

18. Aug 7, 2008 #78

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

FlyXJTnow

Wow, pretty impressive. I'll take judgment over how long someone has been in a Senate chamber.

19. Aug 7, 2008 #79

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

You're gonna have to do better than that. PLEASE tell me in this thread where I brought up ANY kind of talking points? I bet you can't. All I did was tell you how ignorant YOUR original question was as far as torture is concerned. In case you can't tell, I'm not the only one. Tell me where I am "echoing their platform".

And as a bonus, can you stop deflecting and ACTUALLY answer some of Kuppetz's questions?

20. Aug 7, 2008 #80

PhantomHawk

PhantomHawk

PhantomHawk

yeah....I know. I got caught up in the moment.