Jerry McGuire...

Help Support The Pipe:

suitcase

This is my Jerry McGuire post, so SkyWest destroys ASA and tries their best to destroy ExpressJet. 20 years in and I get the last relief line before going on reserve and probably loosing 1500 a month in pay for a minimum 80 hr monthly guarantee and being on reserve after 20 years. United buys us with this guy I will not name. Great news you're getting 25 new shiny 175's, which is the future of our company and god make me cringe by saying regional flying, sorry when I live in Houston and wake up in Halifax Nova Scotia, hello I'm not a regional airline. The 50 seat market has been dead for over 10 years now and everybody knows that, I go from the last relief line to my fourth choice on the 175? This past year has been the greatest in the last 20 years on the 145. Told my wife I got 10 years left in me on this new plane, fast forward to the day that we decided to become the best and largest 145 operator in the United States. WTF? I literally threw up after I read the news. You just gave away our future and our brand new 175's for 36 ten year old 145's that were stole from us 8 years ago and meant to drive us out of business? Not to even mention your giving them to SkyWest the very company that tried to destroy us? Not to mention that they literally cannot staff them nor fly them? But we now strive to be the best and most efficient 145 operator for United? The very plane that nobody wants to fly on nor work on or is efficient too fly, the very plane that all other carriers have been getting rid of in their fleets even in the good times. Now we are in the worst crisis in aviation history and we want to brag about being the largest operator of the very plane nobody wants. How can they actually say in the same sentence that we want be the most efficient operator of the most inefficient plane on the market? So they say that we are closing the Cleveland base and the crews there get the ability to transfer after some 30 years to another base to keep their jobs, nothing new here because Cleveland has been on the chopping block for years and they knew that. But after sending that shockwave to them a month or so ago that was not enough, they then resend the base closure due to the 175 departure and give them hope? They do not even fly the 175, had nothing to do with the Cleveland base closure. You know why they resended the base closure? Basically the next day? Because they realized that if they let them all base traded they could not make them transfer for 6 months and they would have no one to open the new Denver base. Everybody was happy because they were not closing the base. I literally told one CLE based FA that you better transfer now while you can because they will close that base without notice and you will be out of a job because there will be no bases open to transfer too. Fast forward to tonight once again happy weekend folks your out of a job as of tonight. They just sent out a new notice, Cleveland is closed and per the IAM GUIDE LINES YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BASE TRANSFER BLAH BLAH BLAH and oh by the way we have 1 opening in IAH, ORD and EWR. 3 openings system wide if you choose to commute? Or you're out of a job for those lucky 3. They just let 3 ASA FA's transfer to IAH a few days ago for May? Even though on March 22 the sent out a email that IAH only had 1 opening for transfer. Really, so 3 legacy Cleveland FA's with advanced notice could have transferred and saved their jobs? But they let 3 ASA FA's transfer to a base that only has 1 opening for FA's and they let the Knoxville virtual base stay open with what like what 4 ASA FA's based there? I won't go into the ASA / ExpressJet combined seniority thing, I know that we are all one now but the facts are the facts. There is no way they did not know Cleveland was closing and that they did not let those people transfer when and if they chose to. Knoxville, we all know why that virtual base is there. Since when can a company without permission from the Union just tell two crew bases that your entire bases are on reserve as of now? Then just close one, and you know ERW will be next in the next few days. Is this president just wanting to destroy ExpressJet for some kind of pay out? Why did United even buy us? Why did they even give us the 175's only to just give them to SkyWest a few days later? Why would you want to be the largest operator of 15 year old 145's? We were the largest operator 17 years ago nothing to brag about.Why did they want us to be their sole operator in the regional market, only to give our future away? There is much much more to say and way too many questions left unanswered but alas too many whiskeys into it. I know business is business, but the ******** that has been going on here for the last 18 years and the total and complete lack of transparency and lack of direction from this company and its management at every turn every day has to be on a monumental level the lack that I've never seen any where. If you have sick time use it, do not let them take that from you also, remember your vacation passes that you worked for and earned and they stole from us. Mic drop I'm out.

Fozzie Bear

I agree with everything you posted here, but the grammar nazi in me says it's "rescind" or "rescinding", sorry, but I'm a few 1835 Bourbons into the evening and although I feel your sentiment, f@*k I hate poor english almost as much as I hate Covid 19 and the prick in the WH who is denying it all and killing people with fish tank cleaner. Oh and BTW, with oil prices in negative territory, if some yahoo at Yo-Nited isn't fking buying up and hedging fuel for the better times, then we are on a ship steered by Helen Keller.

suitcase

are you serious? spelling for one word written under the influence of happiness. I even said too many whiskeys. tough crowd.

redheadtexas

Awesome. You only forgot that day they spun us off and we all went from being CAL employees to xjt employees.

homerun

ExpressJet responds to the puppet master - United. That unfortunately is the reality of regional flying. I don't think it's any different at other majors. Delta destroyed Comair when Comair torqued off Delta.

Zero-G

Dont forget the flow-backs are coming again.
Flow-backs were a function of a flow-thru that hasn't existed since 04(?). I assume this is just flamebait, and you just deminished any other post you ever made in your long and speckled history on the pipe.

Latest posts