Is this the man Democrats really want to be President?

Help Support The Pipe:

PSUPilot

Obama's Symbolic Importance | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Obama's Symbolic Importance

Updated 10:59 a.m. 7/30/08
By Jonathan Weisman
In his closed door meeting with House Democrats Tuesday night, presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama delivered a real zinger, according to a witness, suggesting that he was beginning to believe his own hype.

Obama was waxing lyrical about last week's trip to Europe, when he concluded, according to the meeting attendee, "this is the moment, as Nancy [Pelosi] noted, that the world is waiting for."

The 200,000 souls who thronged to his speech in Berlin came not just for him, he told the enthralled audience of congressional representatives. "I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions," he said, according to the source.

On Wednesday morning, House leadership aides pushed back against interpretations of this comment as self-aggrandizing, saying that when the presumptive Democratic nominee said, "I have become a symbol of the possibility of America," he was actually trying to deflect attention from himself.

No tape of the event exists and no one is denying the quote.

But one leadership aide said the full quote put it into a different context. According to that aide, Obama said, "It has become increasingly clear in my travel, the campaign -- that the crowds, the enthusiasm, 200,000 people in Berlin, is not about me at all. It's about America. I have just become a symbol."

This man is becoming more egotistical than Hitler. He is almost dangerous.

EMcx3

This man is becoming more egotistical than Hitler. He is almost dangerous.[/QUOTE]

......and the award for todays worst human being in the world goes to psupilot

Cowboy11

By Jonathan Weisman
In his closed door meeting with House Democrats Tuesday night, presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama delivered a real zinger, according to a witness, suggesting that he was beginning to believe his own hype.

Obama was waxing lyrical about last week's trip to Europe, when he concluded, according to the meeting attendee, "this is the moment, as Nancy [Pelosi] noted, that the world is waiting for."

The 200,000 souls who thronged to his speech in Berlin came not just for him, he told the enthralled audience of congressional representatives. "I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions," he said, according to the source.

On Wednesday morning, House leadership aides pushed back against interpretations of this comment as self-aggrandizing, saying that when the presumptive Democratic nominee said, "I have become a symbol of the possibility of America," he was actually trying to deflect attention from himself.

But one leadership aide said the full quote put it into a different context. According to that aide, Obama said, "It has become increasingly clear in my travel, the campaign -- that the crowds, the enthusiasm, 200,000 people in Berlin, is not about me at all. It's about America. I have just become a symbol."

PSUPilot...STFU, you are a real jacka$$

Dirk Diggler

So to answer your original question ("Is this the man Democrats really want to be President? ").....

Yes, Yes it is.

world be free

Comparing a stumping politician to Hitler, actually anyone who isn't actively participating in genocide for that matter, makes you look incredibly ignorant. PSU pilots everywhere can bow their heads in shame.

shinysideup

By Jonathan Weisman

Obama may be a fraud and a liar, but he's no Hitler.

coolyokeluke

PSUPilot;259060 200 said:
Yes, by all means, decide your candidate by taking a quote out of context, and then make "accurate" historical comparisons...do you really believe the crap you write? You're dumber than a sack of hammers.

PSUPilot

Would some of you people stop being so sensitive? In no way am I saying Obama is a worse man than Hitler...nor am I insinuating that Obama would commit unfathomable acts as Hitler did. What I meant, and tried to say, was that Obama's ego is obviously out of control. I'm sorry if it came across that Obama is a worse man than Hitler.

That being said, shinysideup is correct in that Obama is a fraud and liar.

And Cowboy11/coolyokeluke...please stop your personal attacks. I don't do it to you, so I'd appreciate the same respect.

coolyokeluke

Would some of you people stop being so sensitive? In no way am I saying Obama is a worse man than Hitler...nor am I insinuating that Obama would commit unfathomable acts as Hitler did. What I meant, and tried to say, was that Obama's ego is obviously out of control. I'm sorry if it came across that Obama is a worse man than Hitler.

And Cowboy11/coolyokeluke...please stop your personal attacks. I don't do it to you, so I'd appreciate the same respect.

I'm on a diet. It's making me cranky (crankier than usual). Sorry.

Cowboy11

Maybe you should get some facts before you start posting your bullsh@t on here. And I will gladly tell you the same thing to your face! No personal attack here, just you have no facts to backup what you say on here.

rvpilot

Maybe you should get some facts before you start posting your bullsh@t on here. And I will gladly tell you the same thing to your face! No personal attack here, just you have no facts to backup what you say on here.
He didn't say those words, a man by the name of Jonathan Weisman, from the Washington Post did.

You need to get YOUR facts before attacking someone...

And yes, I will be one of those celebrating when this turd's ego sends him down in flames!

5_Early

DELETED

No one should ever be compared to a man responsible for the mass murder of millions of people.

Shame on you PSUPilot!!!!!

Last edited:

EMcx3

You are being judged by what you have written. From what you have written we have to assume you're a ridiculous moron. Ridiculous morons don't deserve respect.

Last edited:

PSUPilot

You are being judged by what you have written. From what you have written we have to assume you're a ridiculous moron. Ridiculous morons don't deserve respect.
Ahhh, from a liberal moron, I'll take that as a compliment! Look, I apologized because it came off worse than it was supposed to be. Case closed. If you can't accept that, then to each his own. If you consider me a ridiculous moron, that's ok! I'm not the type of person who will get easily offended my that. That being said, I'm not going to 'apologize' to you any more than what I already said. You can consider me the moron, and I will do the same of you then. And if we ever fly together, I'll talk to you, and probably have a good time...and we can even disagree about politics. Even if I think you're totally off base! Goodnight moron!

PSUPilot

Your father is like Hitler because he is male. Your Grandfather is like Hitler because they were alive in 1940. Your Mom is like Hitler because she believes in Jesus Christ. You are like Hitler because you spread propaganda and lies to invoke hatred.

No one should ever be compared to a man responsible for the mass murder of millions of people.

Shame on you PSUPilot!!!!!
Actually, you are helping me prove my point. As I restated earlier, I wasn't saying Obama would mass murder millions of people. I was saying that Barack Hussein Obama has quite the ego, even though he is nowhere near becoming President of the United States. I'm not just making up random statements when I say that many Democrats are pretty peeved about Obama's self-righteous attitude and "I-can-do-no-wrong" mentality. All you have to do is go to RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News,

Analysis, Videos and Polls
and look at daily articles which speak about the concern of Democrats.

And furthermore, look back at history. While I am NOT saying Barack Obama is akin to Hitler, I am saying that this type of ego trip, WHILE NOT EVEN PRESIDENT, is most definitely a hint as to what the man would be if he were President. Honestly, turn on the television (try something other than Keith Olbermann or Chris Matthews)...every time somebody criticizes Obama, they get tarred and feathered. Even journalists who say anything negative...Nagourney of the NYT, even the New Yorker magazine (a liberal mag!) parody; whenever somebody even jokes about Obama, they are instantly shunned as a racist.
Well, when a candidate for President can't take the heat, what would happen if he ascended to the most powerful office in the world???

You don't see George Bush crying over every negative comment said about him. I believe Barack Obama would be a very, very dangerous person to have in the White House.

McCain was most definitely NOT my first choice for President. But he is ABSOLUTELY the best current choice for President. If you need reasons why, I'd be happy to explain.

**Here's another example...

Here is John McCain's add titled "Celebrity"... YouTube - Celeb

here is an article regarding that ad...WRAPUP 1-Obama, McCain duel over celebrity ad, attacks | Reuters

and here is Barack Obama's ad in retailiation...YouTube - "Low Road" TV Ad

...Now please tell me what is wrong with John McCain's ad? Other than he is proving Barack Obama has little/no substance and no experience...

Last edited:

EMcx3

Ahhh, from a liberal moron, I'll take that as a compliment! Look, I apologized because it came off worse than it was supposed to be. Case closed. If you can't accept that, then to each his own. If you consider me a ridiculous moron, that's ok! I'm not the type of person who will get easily offended my that. That being said, I'm not going to 'apologize' to you any more than what I already said. You can consider me the moron, and I will do the same of you then. And if we ever fly together, I'll talk to you, and probably have a good time...and we can even disagree about politics. Even if I think you're totally off base! Goodnight moron!
Wrong again….I’m a Republican. Guys like you make me ashamed to admit it.

Let’s look back and see how we got to this point:

You made a post with this statement, “This man is becoming more egotistical than Hitler. He is almost dangerous.”

Several people including myself pointed out how ridiculous this statement is. This isn’t about being a liberal or a conservative, this is about you making a moronic statement in a public forum.

Here's your sign....

PSUPilot

Wrong again….I’m a Republican. Guys like you make me ashamed to admit it.

Let’s look back and see how we got to this point:

You made a post with this statement, “This man is becoming more egotistical than Hitler. He is almost dangerous.”

Several people including myself pointed out how ridiculous this statement is. This isn’t about being a liberal or a conservative, this is about you making a moronic statement in a public forum.

Here's your sign....
And I apologized for it. Build a bridge and get over it.

PSUPilot

Do you mean like the one, newest criminal republican Ted Stevens, wanted to build?
Hey, if we're going to talk about scandals, I'll go ahead and bring up Congressman William Jefferson of Louisiana...oh, you don't remember him? He's the Democrat from Louisiana who stashed $90,000 in food containers in his freezer, and is named in a bribery probe. I'll forgive you though...seeing how the Congressman is a Democrat, the media likes to keep this one hush-hush! Or of course, we can talk about someone else similarly named...William Jefferson Clinton; I'm not just talking about those pesky BJ's with Monica either--we can talk about Whitewater, Travelgate, the MacDougal's, Indonesiagate (the Lippo group), Paula Jones, Ron Brown, Filegate, Mike Espy, Harold Ickes. We can go on and on. And if you really have time, we can discuss Ted Kennedy and Chappaquiddick ; Gary Condit and Chandra Levy's murder, Kwame Kilpatrick of Detroit, etc.

I look forward to this discussion if you wish to have it. It should be an exciting one.

I never said there aren't Republicans who have taken turn for the worst. But Republicans sure are better for the country than a lot of Democrats.

Latest posts