Is this the beginning of the end?

Help Support The Pipe:

xjetfa

I'm looking for the memo that MEC sent out concerning who will be the one and only E145 operator. We lost the E175, now our E145 operation is in question.

xjetfa

So today really is the beggining of the end, quite the blast mail. What's funny is the month of June we lost 1,000 hrs of flying from April, now today they said we increased our block hours by a 1,000 for July?, yet we lost lines in Chicago and a bunch in Houston. How do you increase block hours yet loose lines? And our flying hours are comparable to all the other regionals? Yet flying is picking up and we still go backwards? So United has said piss off with the 70% capacity rule we are taking the money, while the other major carriers have said they are doing 70% thru September for safety. So now if you're a commuter it's on you to get to work with basically with one flight a day, a clear message from management that we hope you retire earlier than later. 40 airframes? After you brag about being the biggest 145 operator and getting 36 of our xr's back. Now we don't even have enough flying to basically cover the 36 airframes we just got back. With 40 airframes they only need 220 FA's that like 73 FA's per base, oh I forgot EWR had 9 lines far less than 73 per base. They are parking our aircraft so they can make gate space and runway space for those that are flying, but they are not gone for good? LOL, the best line is, " we are moving aircraft from Houston to protect ourselves from the up coming hurricane season". We lost several round trips to 70 seat flying, the very flying we had till our great leader got down his knees and kissed the almighty United kings ring!! But good news we got Tampico back one time per week and my favorite ORD/YUL. They call it dipping our toes back in the international waters. So to end, basically they are expecting only needing 200 FA's in September system wide. I do not know the exact numbers, but that sounds like at least how many ASA FA's came over, so basically except for a couple of ExpressJet people, you might as well rename ExpressJet back to ASA, because all of the FA's with ExpressJet seniority will be out on the street. It's only Thursday folks, the really good news always comes tomorrow on Friday, good luck to every one, what a way to go out after after 21 years. I pray for the best, yet prepare for the worst. Cheers
So today really is the beggining of the end, quite the blast mail. What's funny is the month of June we lost 1,000 hrs of flying from April, now today they said we increased our block hours by a 1,000 for July?, yet we lost lines in Chicago and a bunch in Houston. How do you increase block hours yet loose lines? And our flying hours are comparable to all the other regionals? Yet flying is picking up and we still go backwards? So United has said piss off with the 70% capacity rule we are taking the money, while the other major carriers have said they are doing 70% thru September for safety. So now if you're a commuter it's on you to get to work with basically with one flight a day, a clear message from management that we hope you retire earlier than later. 40 airframes? After you brag about being the biggest 145 operator and getting 36 of our xr's back. Now we don't even have enough flying to basically cover the 36 airframes we just got back. With 40 airframes they only need 220 FA's that like 73 FA's per base, oh I forgot EWR had 9 lines far less than 73 per base. They are parking our aircraft so they can make gate space and runway space for those that are flying, but they are not gone for good? LOL, the best line is, " we are moving aircraft from Houston to protect ourselves from the up coming hurricane season". We lost several round trips to 70 seat flying, the very flying we had till our great leader got down his knees and kissed the almighty United kings ring!! But good news we got Tampico back one time per week and my favorite ORD/YUL. They call it dipping our toes back in the international waters. So to end, basically they are expecting only needing 200 FA's in September system wide. I do not know the exact numbers, but that sounds like at least how many ASA FA's came over, so basically except for a couple of ExpressJet people, you might as well rename ExpressJet back to ASA, because all of the FA's with ExpressJet seniority will be out on the street. It's only Thursday folks, the really good news always comes tomorrow on Friday, good luck to every one, what a way to go out after after 21 years. I pray for the best, yet prepare for the worst. Cheers
I'm looking for the MEC message about UAL choosing one E145 operator. XJT vs C5

EWR's 9 lines were all deadheads to IAH, that's where the pairing really began

jacburn

Update from MEC Chair: All,

I need to make you aware of developments that have transpired during the past couple weeks that could have a dramatic impact on our future and the future of ExpressJet Airlines. Late last week, management requested all of the labor leaders on property join them on a call to discuss new information from United Airlines as well as management’s strategy for ExpressJet’s survival into 2021.

On this call, we were informed that United Airlines stated it would only require one E145 carrier moving forward. United Airlines will base their final selection on many factors and will make its decision in the coming weeks. While ExpressJet offers many attributes that make us an attractive long-term partner, cost has reared its ugly head once again and we have been asked by our management team to close the gap between our costs and those at CommutAir. This gap can only be sufficiently closed with labor cost reductions from all labor groups on property, both represented and not. We were briefed by management July 21 about their proposed plan that included reductions in overall pilot compensation and other benefits. I will note that the benefits management proposed reducing did not include health care. While I cannot discuss specifics at this time, your MEC is fully engaged as we move forward assessing the situation and making the initial decisions that are best for the overall health of our airline. We hope to have more concrete answers about our future soon; however, there is no doubt we will be a much smaller airline this fall with meager growth forecast over the next few years.

This has been more than challenging for all of us, and ExpressJet pilots are poised to continue our tradition of examining all the options on the table prior to making the tough decisions necessary to keep us afloat. At this point no decision has been made on how we will proceed, and the next few days will be very challenging and arduous for your elected leadership. I will continue to update you with information as the situation develops.

dojetdriver

Whew, good thing that was posted here, on the busy/high traffic XJT town square. It might have been missed if not....

Bets on;

1) Costs are extracted/concessions at XJT
2) UAL changes their mind and keeps 2 145 operators afterwards?

Brian Ratcliff

Whew, good thing that was posted here, on the busy/high traffic XJT town square. It might have been missed if not....

Bets on;

1) Costs are extracted/concessions at XJT
2) UAL changes their mind and keeps 2 145 operators afterwards?
Odds are good on both

Zero-G

So, did every XJT pilot just get WARN act notices?!?! Holy ****!

IAHK2J

This is really a sad day. 19.5 years at ExpressJet/COEX. A real big part of my life. Thank all of you Jetlinkers who made coming to work never feel like work. Tailwinds and side landings.

Flyjustin

Feb 2012 hire went to Piedmont in 2015. ExpressJet started my aviation career. Loved the overnights and the crews. Andrew Allen was a **** but ORD was life! XJT will always be my ****.

TJV2015

So sorry to see the news guys!! XJT was a great place with an amazing group of guys...I wish you all the best of luck, hope things recover quicker than expected and you guys can get in somewhere else sooner rather than later!! ******* CommuteAir...I’ve been over at Spirit for 3 years now, they just sent out 806 warn letters. Obviously it will be some time before they recall the 500+ they end up furloughing, but feel free to contact me for a reference down the line if anyone has any interest in Spirit. It’s extremely similar to XJT old days as far as QOL goes and great pilot group (much like XJT)...Anyway, that obviously won’t be helpful at all for a few years. Best of luck to you all!!! XJT will always be in my heart. It breaks my heart to see this happen to you guys, especially at the benefit of CommuteAir. They were SCARY when they first started flying 145s...but of course United will do anything to save a few bucks.

Last edited:

TJV2015

Andy has managed to find a CPO job at UAL. He’s not changed a bit. I swear he’s a robot.
Are you serious?? He ended up in the CPO at United?? I know he went there just before I left XJT, but I can’t believe he’s in the CPO?!?! How does someone like that, not only get a job with united, but then manage to get into the CPO?

pilotmejiaj

So sorry to hear this happening to my friends at XJT. I was there from 2004-2015 and enjoyed every moment of it, particularly Branded and LAX. Best wishes to you all!

I never had an issue with Andrew. He was always professional with me. Can’t say the same about a certain assistant chief in ORD. Unless Andrew is on special assignment in ORD CPO, the Andrew Allen actually in the ORD CPO is a senior 777 Captain and is the assistant chief, not the same Andrew.

James Mejia

Latest posts