Is this the beginning of the end?

Help Support The Pipe:

Flying V

Airplanes being parked in record numbers. Capacity reductions like never before. Operating flights are filled with unprecedented numbers of empty seats. Everyone is being told to stay at home, and that this is likely to get much worse before it gets any better. All of the Legacy carriers will be forced to make some difficult decisions going forward. So what, if any, future is there for the Regional carriers?

DanM

with upward of 4500 furloughs at UAL come October, I just want to remind any of y'all who were here in 2001.... Say no to flush back! It won't help the XJT pilot group, only those entitled mainline bastards! *lol* I still remember flying with off the street CAL hires bitching about how the RJ sucked, as they were sitting in my left seat... Ahhh, good times are here again... Where did that trucking school matchbook go?

EastSideNicky

with upward of 4500 furloughs at UAL come October, I just want to remind any of y'all who were here in 2001.... Say no to flush back! It won't help the XJT pilot group, only those entitled mainline bastards! *lol* I still remember flying with off the street CAL hires bitching about how the RJ sucked, as they were sitting in my left seat... Ahhh, good times are here again... Where did that trucking school matchbook go?
Are you really still at XJT? And it’s never your seat, you just get paid to occupy it for a while.

Guardman123U

I'm looking forward to flying the 145 again! I never got the chance to upgrade, so getting to do it now will be fun.

DanM

Are you really still at XJT? And it’s never your seat, you just get paid to occupy it for a while.
Naw, been gone (twice) for 5 years and or a decade depending which time... but this feels alot like 2001, and I know how your bastard of a CEO works... promise some sort of ******** flow, in exchange for employing "real" pilots, then bend you over when it comes time to pay up. Subodh is a piece of work, and I know a lot of the younger pilots don't remember the history that could repeat itself... anything he promises is a lie

tunafish778

I’ve been at atlas for five years and am happy to help anyone that needs it. I can at least help answer questions for anyone interested and looking for information.

Zero-G

with upward of 4500 furloughs at UAL come October, I just want to remind any of y'all who were here in 2001.... Say no to flush back!...
Delta just announced 2500 pilots will be furloughed. United will likely be the same (back to 2016 hires), not 5000.

Stop saying flush back. There is no such thing.

Read-Only

There will be no flush back. There is a LOA in place for hiring furloughed UAL guys at 2nd year pay....but only at carriers with big RJs. And nobody will be hiring, anyways. And no, Delta did not announce 2500 furloughs....or any, yet.

arnoldaj74

There will be no flush back. There is a LOA in place for hiring furloughed UAL guys at 2nd year pay....but only at carriers with big RJs. And nobody will be hiring, anyways. And no, Delta did not announce 2500 furloughs....or any, yet.
I have a friend at delta and I’m pretty sure she forwarded an email stating that Delta will furlough come October 1st. I could be wrong though.

suitcase

So today really is the beggining of the end, quite the blast mail. What's funny is the month of June we lost 1,000 hrs of flying from April, now today they said we increased our block hours by a 1,000 for July?, yet we lost lines in Chicago and a bunch in Houston. How do you increase block hours yet loose lines? And our flying hours are comparable to all the other regionals? Yet flying is picking up and we still go backwards? So United has said piss off with the 70% capacity rule we are taking the money, while the other major carriers have said they are doing 70% thru September for safety. So now if you're a commuter it's on you to get to work with basically with one flight a day, a clear message from management that we hope you retire earlier than later. 40 airframes? After you brag about being the biggest 145 operator and getting 36 of our xr's back. Now we don't even have enough flying to basically cover the 36 airframes we just got back. With 40 airframes they only need 220 FA's that like 73 FA's per base, oh I forgot EWR had 9 lines far less than 73 per base. They are parking our aircraft so they can make gate space and runway space for those that are flying, but they are not gone for good? LOL, the best line is, " we are moving aircraft from Houston to protect ourselves from the up coming hurricane season". We lost several round trips to 70 seat flying, the very flying we had till our great leader got down his knees and kissed the almighty United kings ring!! But good news we got Tampico back one time per week and my favorite ORD/YUL. They call it dipping our toes back in the international waters. So to end, basically they are expecting only needing 200 FA's in September system wide. I do not know the exact numbers, but that sounds like at least how many ASA FA's came over, so basically except for a couple of ExpressJet people, you might as well rename ExpressJet back to ASA, because all of the FA's with ExpressJet seniority will be out on the street. It's only Thursday folks, the really good news always comes tomorrow on Friday, good luck to every one, what a way to go out after after 21 years. I pray for the best, yet prepare for the worst. Cheers

Zero-G

... and no, Delta did not announce 2500 furloughs....or any, yet.
Actually, that was an internal Delta announcement. The ALPA email I have from last Friday says WARN notices going out to 2558 Delta Pilots next week.

Condolences to those guys. Some are good friends of mine.

TAF

Its not the beginning of the end but rather the end of the end. The beginning was back in about 2012 when we all voted no.

So today really is the beggining of the end, quite the blast mail. What's funny is the month of June we lost 1,000 hrs of flying from April, now today they said we increased our block hours by a 1,000 for July?, yet we lost lines in Chicago and a bunch in Houston. How do you increase block hours yet loose lines? And our flying hours are comparable to all the other regionals? Yet flying is picking up and we still go backwards? So United has said piss off with the 70% capacity rule we are taking the money, while the other major carriers have said they are doing 70% thru September for safety. So now if you're a commuter it's on you to get to work with basically with one flight a day, a clear message from management that we hope you retire earlier than later. 40 airframes? After you brag about being the biggest 145 operator and getting 36 of our xr's back. Now we don't even have enough flying to basically cover the 36 airframes we just got back. With 40 airframes they only need 220 FA's that like 73 FA's per base, oh I forgot EWR had 9 lines far less than 73 per base. They are parking our aircraft so they can make gate space and runway space for those that are flying, but they are not gone for good? LOL, the best line is, " we are moving aircraft from Houston to protect ourselves from the up coming hurricane season". We lost several round trips to 70 seat flying, the very flying we had till our great leader got down his knees and kissed the almighty United kings ring!! But good news we got Tampico back one time per week and my favorite ORD/YUL. They call it dipping our toes back in the international waters. So to end, basically they are expecting only needing 200 FA's in September system wide. I do not know the exact numbers, but that sounds like at least how many ASA FA's came over, so basically except for a couple of ExpressJet people, you might as well rename ExpressJet back to ASA, because all of the FA's with ExpressJet seniority will be out on the street. It's only Thursday folks, the really good news always comes tomorrow on Friday, good luck to every one, what a way to go out after after 21 years. I pray for the best, yet prepare for the worst. Cheers

xjetfa

I'm 19 years with Expressjet....#295......bye bye

azpilot

2004 hire. Left in 2014? Heck, I can't remember I'm old. I never thought I would see the day that ExpressJet no longer existed. I wish all of you the best. As one that has followed the industry since the mid-Eighties, it has always been a constant churn of feast or famine sadly. I myself am out of flying. Hopefully temporarily but always had a fallback plan that at least keeps the lights on.

Latest posts