IAD

Help Support The Pipe:

yasir1212

What hotel do we stay at in IAD? It doesn't show it on my pairing, just shows the transportation. Does anyone know if the hotel provides a shuttle to the Udvar-Hazy Center on the airport? I got a long overnight so I'm thinking about seeing the museums and stuff.

Air_Jer

Not sure but the new wing of the Air & Space Smithsonian is at Dulles airport and I believe that with your ID you get in for free. Just a thought.

Twiggy1

I was working for the company that built the museum while I was on furlough (I think I got space cooties from the shuttle looking at it before the museum opened!)....admission is free, parking is something like $12/car. Love the Smithsonian folks! :roll:

N

newbiecoexpilot

We stay at a Holiday Inn Express just about half a mile south of the Annex. I do not think they provide rides but when the opened the Annex there was a shuttle running to and from the airport.
Hope this helps
IAD Commuter

yasir1212 said:
What hotel do we stay at in IAD? It doesn't show it on my pairing, just shows the transportation. Does anyone know if the hotel provides a shuttle to the Udvar-Hazy Center on the airport? I got a long overnight so I'm thinking about seeing the museums and stuff.

okie

Last month I stayed there for a long overnight and it was a Holiday Inn at Tysons Corner (about 20 min.s from the airport). There is a mall across the street and some good restaruants within walking distance.

TexMex

The short overnight is the Hilton... nice hotel... but expensive restaurant and nothing to eat walking distance away... also another pet peeve... no free Internet. Nice beds though

XJTDRIVER

AlohaFlyer said:
The short overnight is the Hilton... nice hotel... but expensive restaurant and nothing to eat walking distance away... also another pet peeve... no free Internet. Nice beds though

Yea but there is an excellent busniess center on the 2nd floor.....4 computers, 2 Color Laser Printers for your use, and it is all free.

Latest posts