I wonder if.......

Help Support The Pipe:

SF3Flyer

I would have said "Oh ****!" on the ground taking the picture. If I was on board, I'd have to have the seat cushion surgically removed from my...well...from me.

SuperTool

I wonder how they managed to keep it on the runway afterwards. It looks like they were almost on a taxiway turnoff.

Wild Bill Kelso

when i was going through flight training, they offered to give me a 33% discount if they didn't have to teach me how to use the rudder...

DMP9679

Looks like the FO has a death grip on the "O-****" handles!

BTAblackops

The view from the picture looks like they have about a 1,000 feet of runway left... but I know it is just the angle and the zoom giving me a false illusion. Thank God they got it down safely.

drivintin

The plane is made for landings like this, that is why it has those little things on the tip of the wings. It keeps the engines from hitting the ground ;)

PositiveRate

The plane is made for landings like this, that is why it has those little things on the tip of the wings. It keeps the engines from hitting the ground ;)

Gees I keep messing this up, I thought those were pilot training wheels...silly me.

fazole

Really? The AIRBUS can do a sideslip to a landing, because that is what it looks like-or that is some serious weathervaning

Lone Skier

Really? The AIRBUS can do a sideslip to a landing, because that is what it looks like-or that is some serious weathervaning
It is probably an issue as in the last like 100 feet or so, the airbus computers switch from "Airbus flight logic" to "Normal flight logic." There is also a 3rd mode, but I can't remember what it is called, I think "Basic logic" sounds familiar. Anyways, might be something to that affect because we know that all pilots that are on an airbus or bigger know how to properly control an airplane in a crosswind landing. It's those little puddle jumper pilots we all have to watch out for.

SF3Flyer

It is probably an issue as in the last like 100 feet or so, the airbus computers switch from "Airbus flight logic" to "Normal flight logic." There is also a 3rd mode, but I can't remember what it is called, I think "Basic logic" sounds familiar. Anyways, might be something to that affect because we know that all pilots that are on an airbus or bigger know how to properly control an airplane in a crosswind landing. It's those little puddle jumper pilots we all have to watch out for.
This is an A310. This does not have and "logic". It's the 2nd generation Airbus that isn't Fly-By-Wire.

schlecht muttaficka

Does the A310 use the same logic as the 318/319/320/321 series?

Also, are you thinking of;

1)Normal
2)Alternate
3)Abnormal Alternate
4)Direct Law

or when it transitions from flight mode to flare mode when in Normal law?

As it relates to the above series, it stays in Normal law, the others are when multiple system failures start to occur if I'm not mistaken.

Lone Skier

Thanks guys for correcting me, and I hadn't even looked at it that closely to realize it was a 310. Saw what I thought were the typical wing fences on the 320 series aircraft. Thanks for catching that and clarifying for me.

Latest posts