Hotels we need to ditch pronto....

Help Support The Pipe:

orphanannie

How about HPN? The other hotels with no food and nothing around should not be where we stay.

orphanannie

How about HPN? The other hotels with no food and nothing around should not be where we stay.

FlyXJTnow

OAX (Oaxaca) that's (Wa-Ha-ka) for you gringo types. The "black water" behind the hotel is so bad that there is not a word in the English language to describe the stench. For those of you unfamiliar with it.....Don't swim in it!

nick

Without a doubt, the Holiday Inn in San Angelo. Absolutely nothing to do for 30+ hours. Hotel van will not take you to eat anywhere (unless you guilt them into it).
Amen brother!!!!!

C

CLE145CA

orphanannie said:
My friend at Independence says they ditched the HPN hotel awhile ago in favor of some Sheraton or something downtown White Plains. Not much further from the airport and it is near a bunch of restaurants and an upscale mall.

Jetlinker

Probably the Crown Plaza in HPN. We used to stay there when I flew corporate, and yeah it is right next to a large mall with a Cheesecake Factory and Outback Steakhouse. Its a very nice hotel, and I recall talking to a couple of ACA pilots on the hotel's van to the airport one day.

Red Swingline

"Did you get your communicable disease from a prostitute?"

"No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Those chains give "Express" even worse connotations.

I'll make a general gripe about all the shorter overnights (10 hours or less) that are at hotels 20+ minutes away. What always adds insult to injury is when you drive past mulitple exits with all kinds of shopping, eating, and hotels, only to pull up to your hotel which is next to a gas station and a dry cleaners (or some other equally innocuous and worthless business).

Red Swingline

Yeah, there really are lotsa good overnights. The way to make sure you get them is never do a trip with me! :lol:

yasir1212

Here are my notes from my latest 4-day.

MCI - The Doubletree... half the stuff in the bathroom worked and when we asked for a ride to a restaurant that was only 0.7 miles, they refused, told us to get a cab! WTF!!!

MLU - Holiday Inn... got there late, so can't really say much

BHM - Radisson... Over not bad. The place is close to all the restaurants and bars, only a few mins walk from the hotel. The only thing I did not like was that they charge $9.99 for internet access in the rooms even if you're a flight crew!!! But they have free wirelss access in the lobby.

F

fly_bunni

MCI: When we first started staying at the Doubletree Downtown (as versus the Sheraton that became an HI at the Plaza) they were very accomodating with the van and would even take you back down to the Plaza. They seemed quite happy to get our business.......at first. I had a feeling the warm fuzzies would wear off. I miss being down at the Plaza.

aa30

the TLH double tree! already a SHORT over-night, and then they can't adjust the van time for us. so it's even shorter of an overnight. said we could take a taxi, but they weren't paying for it. it f'n blows. then, they were out of cookies too.WTF?

that place sux.

M

MiyamotoMusashi

DCA sucks.

30 minute van wait at the airport, each and every time.

Latest posts