Hotels we need to ditch pronto....

Help Support The Pipe:

Mulder

Just thought it would be interesting to see which hotels that our pilot group would rather avoid like the plague.

The Union's hotel committee and XJET coporate travel do an excellent job but sometimes there is more to the story than we know so go easy on them, especially our fellow Union volunteers. I have had nothing but excellent reponses any time I've used the complaint link on the Union website. But having said that...

My biggest crap hole hotel would have to be the Holiday Inn in PHL. Hotel van is never on time. Hotel is substandard by any standard you choose. I've seen roaches in the rooms and had a lamp nearly catch on fire once. Surrounding area is scary and nothing really to eat except hotel resturant, Denny's or the mom and pop sandwchich shop down the road that also happens to sell live bait.

C

CLE145CA

Well, you hit the nail on the head with that one. PHL is my least favorite overnight in the system. Not only are the airport and our station personnel horrendous, but the topper to it is that atrocious hotel. I avoid PHL like the plague if I can help it. The lack of amenities, the lack of decent food, the lack of van service, the extensive wait for the van, etc. This hotel does need to be changed.

Happy Camper

Here's my vote:

MEM - New hotel please. Preferably something closer to food.

DCA - I have had nothing but bad experiences here. They seem to treat crews poorly. Long van wait.

MKE - For some reason the sheets are always stained here. Kinda grosses me out.

Rightcoast

Dayton: Hotel sucks, town sucks.

Columbus: Hotel rooms OK, can't find anywhere to eat...which sucks.

MKE: Not much around the hotel, which sucks.

P

pilot2979

MEM - No food around, the elevator is on the opposite corner of the
hotel and that pinlk limo place is not all that.

flySEA

DAY-Short overnight Holiday Inn. What a dump!
Pretty much any old Holiday Inn. They all suck.

Waborita

BNA short overnight. 25 minute van ride with 4 hotel stops. The hotel is 5 minutes on the airport property! :roll:

post911

CMH

1. No food.

2. Cum on sheets. Okay if the other bed is clean.

But they do have a very nice business center and Starbucks coffee for sale. FOR SALE from thermos bottles that other hotels use for free coffee. I thought it was free for the longest time.

scotts

CLT

I've had a min rest overnight twice in the last three weeks there. Van ride is approx. twenty minutes. Downtown location and I don't even know if there is food available outside the hotel at night. Van service is not from the hotel and has been full each time. I guess it would be nice if I had more than 8 hours. When all is said and done, I get six hours in the sack. Why are we going downtown on a min rest RON???[/b]

lear55man

BNA short overnight -
When you get to the hotel tell them that you cannot leave an extra 25 minutes early to get to the airport just becasue of their shuttle service. Tell them that you will need a taxi in the morning - They may seem to be mad about it, but they will pay for the $6 cab ride in the morning when the driver shows up - They also have really good doughnuts in the morning.

CLT overnight -
There is a subway about a block up and a block over on the first floor of an office building. Not so sure that it is open at night and you might not even want to go out after dark in CLT. Papa john's delivers to the hotel.

BRO overnight -
This hotel just always seems to be dirty. I'd compare it to CHM.

T

Truman Sparks

GRK - LaQuinta. Hotel beds suck, pillows are flat. Room was not too clean. On the plus side the people were friendly, van on time and they had waffles!

Milton

CLT - Yeah, I agree, the short overnight should be closer. There a few good choices nearby, although remember, CLT is the city where one of our FAs was attacked as she entered her hotel room. That's when we stayed out by the interstate, and that's where a lot of these other hotels are. So the hotel committee and company are probably a little gun shy about putting us back out there. But the long layover hotel is in a great location. CLT is one of the few cities whose downtown doesn't shut down at 5:01pm. It's a pretty hoppin' place most nights, and mostly harmless after everyone goes home. I haven't heard of any crime in the downtown area recently. Just ignore the bums, they'll ignore you.

F

fly_bunni

Short overnite in RIC. I usually like the Hampton Inns (because of the free wireless service) but when i pulled back the bed there was someone's nasty ass ear plug on the floor right under the edge of the bedspread. How do you miss a florescent orange ear plug? There was also dried urine on the toilet seat....Obviously not sanitized for my protection!!

On a more humorous note, another FA friend calls me the other day to say she had gone in the bathroom of some hotel (i dont remember which)and turned on the hot water in the shower. After a few moments as if by magic, "JIM REAM SUCKS" appears in the fog on the mirror. We had a good laugh!

I see some of you dont care for DAY. I was just there and tho its a bit of a walk, there is a verrry cool Irish Pub in the Oregon district. They have a live (Irish folk music) band, awesome, cheap sandwiches and ICE COLD draught beer!

I HATE DENVER! I dont know if it'll change with you guys contract being downtown on long overnights but....i was there for 32 hours... by the airport..no restaurant in the hotel NOR an ATM machine! There is a TGIFridays down the way but your only other choice is (i think) The Blue Moon Diner. Not bad eats and the draught beer is cold but ****...after walking back the mile long hike to the hotel (i was there in August...ugh) the beer buzz was GONE!

If its any consolation, the new Hilton they put us up at in OMA isnt so bad. I hate the Sheraton is gone, but the Hilton is nice, down duvet covers are good but they do charge for wireless service that i couldnt even get to work.

post911

fly_bunni said:
Short overnite in RIC. I usually like the Hampton Inns (because of the free wireless service) but when i pulled back the bed there was someone's nasty ass ear plug on the floor right under the edge of the bedspread. How do you miss a florescent orange ear plug? There was also dried urine on the toilet seat....Obviously not sanitized for my protection!!

OH. . . MY. . . GOT

THATS FREAKY!!!

TOTALY NOT WHATEVER!!!

MJacobsen

Without a doubt, the Holiday Inn in San Angelo. Absolutely nothing to do for 30+ hours. Hotel van will not take you to eat anywhere (unless you guilt them into it).

All of the older Holiday Inns are just a bad idea and need to go.

bjb

"OH. . . MY. . . GOT

THATS FREAKY!!!

TOTALY NOT WHATEVER!!!"

Very much out of the Post911 character and language. You're slipping. I expected a little more from you.

tptp

SJT - SUCKS! (Ditto)
LOV - Monclova Fiesta Inn. Dirtball and no food. Fiestas are good, but the Fiesta Inns are not nearly as nice. Ditch 'em.
OAX - Oaxaca. Another Fiesta Inn that sucks.

T

TGZ

I wish we could just give this flying back to Skywest! I only had the honor of staying in cell block Q for a 9 hrs, but I CANNOT believe there are long layovers there....Talk about testing your will to live!

On the upside, we stayed at the ABQ Marriott...VERY cool! We buddied up with a SWA crew and took part in the 123 rule.

Latest posts