Here we go. Read tonight's MEC Alert.

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by Bob, Jan 3, 2013.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Jan 7, 2013 #301

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

If the XJT MEC agrees to a lower rate than ANYBODY has for the same equipment, it will be bad for us.

If the combined pilot groups lets the CRJ handle things, theres no "may" about it. It WILL be bad for all of us.

2. Jan 7, 2013 #302

lap

lap

lap

Where are you getting those numbers? Because that is not what the CAL CPA says.

Maybe...or maybe not. Once they have these rates for the LXJT side, they don't have to give the ASA side any of the dual class CRJs. Do you guys want to play with fire again?

By the way, no line pilot will get a vote on this. It's either voted in by the XJT MEC or handed down by the arbitrator.

Should not have stopped the merger by turning down dual tracks, super committees, arbitration, and finally giving ultimatums to management. Now management will exploit us all because they want rates one way or another.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  3. Jan 7, 2013 #303

judge

judge

judge

management
    Trust me, I know, so I guess you could put me in the "lack of misunderstanding" crowd. New planes might be here in 5-7 years, but what the quotes in my post were meant to signify is that there will be people (hopefully very few) that will vote yes on a junk TA simply because it might in their eyes expedite the arrival of the "NEW AND LARGER SHINY JETS!!!"

Thereby successfully falling for managements diversionary jet carrot. For the record, I do not have sjs. I have shiny QOL and shiny paycheck syndrome.

4. Jan 7, 2013 #304

COOPERVANE

COOPERVANE

COOPERVANE

I just saw what I wrote....Lack of misunderstanding.......embarrassing.

That's worse than irregardless.

Never drink and post!!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  5. Jan 7, 2013 #305

Southerner

Southerner

Southerner

Not to dismiss your point entirely, but keep in mind that if the company was losing $17,000,000 a quarter just prior to SOC, "saving" $50,000,000 annually isn't doing much other than breaking even again.

It's something to keep in mind, at least. Has XJT regained profitability since SOC? I know that for at least a quarter or two they were losing money hand over fist.

6. Jan 7, 2013 #306

HanginOn14

HanginOn14

HanginOn14

According to the SKYW earnings call LXJT returned to profitability in March 2011.

7. Jan 7, 2013 #307

Southerner

Southerner

Southerner

What about the merged company? I freely admit I haven't listened to an earnings call in a minute.

8. Jan 7, 2013 #308

centralpilot

centralpilot

centralpilot

Merged company not so much, but close.

9. Jan 7, 2013 #309

lap

lap

lap

The last Q showed a small operational profit.

10. Jan 9, 2013 #310

DAWGHOUSERC

DAWGHOUSERC

DAWGHOUSERC

Untill the MEC of the larger regionals understand that they NEED to bring the MEC's of all these smaller regionals to the table and commit to one direction of negotiations and build a working relationship we will always be fighting the race of the bottom feeders.
    Negotiations have stalled at almost all the regionals it is time to spend time getting together and building a firm foundation so when we are back in negotiations with the companies we will have a larger push behind the scenes working together.

11. Jan 9, 2013 #311

Stud7094

Stud7094

Stud7094

Well pncl just porked everyone with their new contract crap...for that crap to pass is embarrassing to the industry

12. Jan 9, 2013 #312

pscraig

pscraig

pscraig

I think the major airlines know this, and thus press the "gun to the head" deals like we have seen in the last 4-5 years. Comair tried something like what you are suggesting with the RJDC and Delta and its pilots punished them for it. Even though other regional MECs lend negotiating assistance to these pilot groups, the majors know how to make them an "offer they can't refuse." This negates any relationships or synergy with other regional pilot groups when they are fighting for survival.

13. Jan 10, 2013 #313

say_what

say_what

say_what

14. Jan 10, 2013 #314

say_what

say_what

say_what

15. Jan 10, 2013 #315

Chrisx2

Chrisx2

Chrisx2

In this environment, bringing the competitors' MECs together and getting a "collective" stance on individual negotiations will do nothing. The two biggest obstacles in our negotiations are not normal contract negotiations, they are bankruptcy concessionary contracts. We can do NOTHING by talking with PNCL MEC, because a TA has already been agreed to by the MEC and the company. Unless the pilots vote it down, this will bring down the industry standard and there is no way we can influence it. The new industry standard will be lower next week than it is this week, and it will only damage our negotiations.

16. Jan 10, 2013 #316

DAWGHOUSERC

DAWGHOUSERC

DAWGHOUSERC

You people need to think past the talk phase if you want this industry to change. That goes for the Majors also because they will be hit from both ends soon and it will effect the rest of your careers.

17. Mar 14, 2013 #317

iFlyer

iFlyer

iFlyer

Anyone ever hear anything as to the status of this? Bigger planes etc.

18. Mar 14, 2013 #318

Corso

Corso

Corso

I believe the arbitrator has the new rates as does the union. Not sure when they'll disclose. No new a/c waiting in the wings but the company is better able to bid for future flying.