GITMO to close within a year, so I'm hearing.

Help Support The Pipe:

Flyin145s

Let's just empty our prisons while we're at it.

I can't believe in the era following 9/11 we're going back to "giving peace a chance", which has failed.

If you want "world peace", then YOU have to be the person you want the world to be but be REALISTIC for crying out loud and accept the fact that not everyone wants what you want.

Also realize that we now have the most radical Left government we've ever had in our history (Pelosi, Reid, and 0bama) with no check and balance.

Last edited:

FlyXJTnow

Let's just empty our prisons while we're at it.

I can't believe in the era following 9/11 we're going back to "giving peace a chance", which has failed.

If you want "world peace", then YOU have to be the person you want the world to be but be REALISTIC for crying out loud and accept the fact that not everyone wants what you want.

Also realize that we now have the most radical Left government we've ever had in our history (Pelosi, Reid, and 0bama) with no check and balance.
I don't think Obama wants to release them to "give peace a chance". There really is no evidence against these people and the Supreme Court, yes that conservative court, has ruled that they can sue the government to get a trial. You can't just hold someone forever just because you feel like it. And since Bush's cronies didn't do the proper procedures many of these people will probably walk.

fazole

I don't think Obama wants to release them to "give peace a chance". There really is no evidence against these people and the Supreme Court, yes that conservative court, has ruled that they can sue the government to get a trial. You can't just hold someone forever just because you feel like it. And since Bush's cronies didn't do the proper procedures many of these people will probably walk.
You mean they weren't read their Miranda rights on the battle field?

DMP9679

Fo real; f-ing soldiers dropped the ball on that one, they apparently missed the "due process class for the battlefield" in their initial training!

V2+15

Fo real; f-ing soldiers dropped the ball on that one, they apparently missed the "due process class for the battlefield" in their initial training!
That's pretty funny! :D

Yup...get ready for 4-years of appeasement and placating...the liberal dream has come true. Don't know when people are going to realize that TERRORISTS are not afforded due process. I just shake my head.

Last edited:

Do A Barrel Roll

So what do you do with the people who's own countries wont take them back?

Maybe you can volunteer for them to move next door to you.

Flyin145s

I thought LIbs said these guys were POW's.

Liberals can't seem to understand the difference between handling criminal matters and matters of war.

They're not being held on crimes, nor does the Constitution apply to people captured in battle.

9/11 occured because our government in the 90's treated matters of war and national security as mere criminal matters (and Gorelick's wall didn't help).

Brace yourselves, folks, the people that brought us Gorelick's wall are all back now.

If you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it.

Trust me, our enemies (Chavez, Putin, Kim Jong Il, Iran, al Queda, etc) are all salivating at this new administration.

The war between Jane Fonda and John Wayne has finished, and Fonda won.

Left Coast

Obama had to close it because it was one of his campaign promises.

Politically it's risky. But you can argue that this could be a symbolic gesture that get's other Country's back on our side. There won't be any quantifying data that will support or reject the notion of what having more allies helping us will actually do, so it will all be subjective.

Still, it's risky because if one of those guys gets out and does something later everybody will blame Obama. But I am positive that all the Republicans will remember, that this has already happened even though Bush was in charge. Ok, I can't say that with a straight face, but it has already happened.

V2+15

But I am positive that all the Republicans will remember, that this has already happened even though Bush was in charge. Ok, I can't say that with a straight face, but it has already happened.
Please clarify and if you're saying what I think you're saying, please provide proof/source?

Whirlpool

Obama also said no lobbyist would be in his administration....how long did that last? 3 days. I guess change comes in many forms.

Gitmo is a hot potato. But to just sign a document with ZERO plans on what to do with the people there is irresponsible.....at best. It was for show.....nothing more.

Flyin145s

Blaming Bush when a released terrorists continues to be a terrorist is really a stretch.

Throughout Bush's Administration, the Left were the ones doing everything they could to side with the terrorists and deter Bush from prosecuting them, etc.

They were the ones CALLING for the relase of the "peaceful farmers" in GTMO! They've taken our enemies' sides at nearly every opportunity! We can't listen to their phone calls, capture them, interrogate them, etc.

Now the Army Field manual is governing???? That's meant for soldiers captured in the field! It's not meant to be our handbook for professional interrogators!

Further proof that Barack is in WAY over his head. Too naive and inexperienced, let alone a Bill Ayers, Frank Davis, and Wright mentor.

We are in a LOT of trouble, but most won't realize it until it's too late.

HOPE!

CHANGE!

Dam, we sold our freedom cheap.

I hope you all also realize this is the most anti-2nd Amendment politican in Washington.

preludespeeder

Wow, that is all I have to say. You guys have really slid off the deep end of the Bush recovery. You might need to put yourself in a clinic for some time to recover from the Bush fear drug.

Whirlpool

Spudder...

What a thoughtful yet useless reply. At least you have not "changed".

Left Coast

Blaming Bush when a released terrorists continues to be a terrorist is really a stretch.
I never blamed Bush for anything of the sort.

You do realize that there have been many detainees released or transferred already right?
You guys seem to be under the impression that they have been there all along and that a year from now, Obama is going to just let them free in NY. Talk about a "stretch."

Guantanamo Bay - Detainees

preludespeeder

Spudder...

What a thoughtful yet useless reply. At least you have not "changed".
And the worthless mindless nut job crazy talk you spew is worth while? Give it up whirlpool, your ideals lost, your man lost, your hero is back in Texas, why don't you move to Dallas and stock him since you love him so much.

FlyXJTnow

Most of them were turned over by people in their own country for a bounty. Don't you remember the United States paying people to turn over "terrorists"?

Like I said, Bush screwed it up so bad with these guys. The guy they had the most evidence on was Bin Laden's driver, who was convicted and is now out.

Thanks for keeping us safe Bush.

By the way 145, you can say what you want about Obama. Most people do with little to back it up with. But lets just pretend you're right about the 2nd Amendment part. I'd rather have a president who is hard on the second amendment that the one we just had who didn't like the first amendment.

Last edited:

preludespeeder

Don't bother these guys with evidence, they only listen to Cheney. He is their evil leader now, they only report from his orders. Evidence is useless with them.

Whirlpool

And the worthless mindless nut job crazy talk you spew is worth while? Give it up whirlpool, your ideals lost, your man lost, your hero is back in Texas, why don't you move to Dallas and stock him since you love him so much.
You want me to "stock" him...I guess I am lost. What exactly does that mean?

Still living with Karma? How is that working out for you?

Latest posts