Funny Delta Guy Story

Help Support The Pipe:

Guardman123U

In the not too distant past I was operating a flight to Ohio late at night. Before the flight I quickly saw a pilot (assumed) in the jetway ...he looked like a pilot and had a Luggage Works bag. Anyway, we said hello in passing and that was it...I was on my way up to the terminal for a few minutes.

We land in Ohio, go out to catch the hotel van, and this pilot is out there with us catching the same hotel van. HERE'S THE FUNNY PART!!! He commutes to the Carolinas!!! We were out of A23 and his flight was delayed, departing from A23A just a few minutes after us and accidentally flew to Ohio with us. I would partially feel bad for him spending an extra night away from his family, but we determined with 95% certainty that he was actually JUMPSEATING but since the gate agent gave him a seat in the back I guess he felt entitled to not bother checking in with us or telling any of the three of us that he was jumpseating. I tried to press him a little on this point in Ohio, but he got defensive and wouldn't admit to being a jumpseater...he just said he was non-reving. But, he was a Delta pilot so unless he's married to a United FA or something like that...Dad is a United captain etc, (he never claimed any of this...he just got defensive and said he got a seat in the back etc) it seems like he was jumpseating.

Maybe next time he'll check in with the crew like we are all supposed to, even Delta pilots.

Last edited:

gonzorox

An RDP would have checked in up front and asked how the rides were going to be while he sat in the back.

Jetlinker

Was it Hollywood?

Wait, nevermind. Hollywood can board the wrong flight and still land at his correct destination.

Last edited:

Latest posts