FA Furlough

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by ExBizJet, Nov 27, 2018.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Nov 27, 2018 #1

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

Did anyone hear about 45 ERJ FA's being furloughed alongside all of the CRJ FA's the got furloughed when ASA ceased operations.

2. Nov 27, 2018 #2

suitcase

suitcase

suitcase

News to me, but nothing surprises me anymore. Inflight management is like listening to crickets, not mention our useless union. But no internal memos have been sent to the FA group about furloughs unless I’m not on the mailing list anymore. But just try and trip trade, sorry we don’t have coverage. Just flat out lying these days.

3. Nov 27, 2018 #3

suitcase

suitcase

suitcase

Sorry Disregard , earlier post. Just got it. This is crazy, first email says we are no longer accepting personal leaves for December because so many people applied. Next email furloughing 45 fa’s December 31 because we are over staffed.

4. Nov 27, 2018 #4

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

Are these ERJ FA's or a combination of ERJ/CRJ? It amazes me how the Inflight Management retaliates against the ERJ FA's because the CRJ flying has all but evaporated. Especially considering what you told us about staffing levels on the ERJ. Wonder how many soon to furloughed FA's will be burning up their sick banks before leaving at the end of next month?

5. Nov 28, 2018 #5

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

Suitcase

Is it true that the recently furloughed FA's were told in their notice. Nothing about recall rights. If that is so you guys need to have a serious recall of your Union Leadership

6. Nov 30, 2018 #6

suitcase

suitcase

suitcase

Just got the new list of FA's affected. Yes it looks like permanent job loss. Plus, another 48 by my count. That's right at 100 FA's. I cannot figure out actually how many are on the street and how many will be displaced, they do not make it very easy to understand between furlough and see you later. Not ONE word from union leadership. Not one word from inflight supervisors. Merry Christmas, because we value everything you do for us. This is a giant WTF to the FA group.

7. Nov 30, 2018 #7

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

Is this a CRJ side issue only?

8. Nov 30, 2018 #8

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

48 from the ERJ side.

9. Nov 30, 2018 #9

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

Pretty sleazy way to run a business. I was chastized in EWR once for saying that you guys need to depart from IAM and join AFA if you were ever going to have synergy with the UAL FA's. Now it sounds like you guys need to step it up and hold your Union leadership to the fire to protect you guys.

10. Nov 30, 2018 #10

kailuaboy

kailuaboy

kailuaboy

what can IAM do? yell? scream? "it's not fair?!?!?!" ok. now what? what can they do to "protect" them? *hint.... nothing. There is a misperception within our company that the "union" is the answer to everything. It can only do so much to force the company, its holding company, or its mainline partner to do what the pilot group wants. And I mean to use the word "force" very lightly. What ExpressJet ALPA leadership does well, is professionally communicate the dissatisfaction or praise from its pilot members to executive leadership.

With respect to our wonderful ERJ FA's, the CRJ FAs are losing their jobs completely. Due to their last contract failing in July or Aug (?), they are still under two seniority lists. If the CRJ FA's want to continue to work for ExpressJet, they will need to come at the bottom of the ERJ FA seniority list. However, since we're furloughing ERJ FA's, the CRJ FA's are currently not needed. Therefore, no job for CRJ FA's after January 2019. I am unsure as to whether or not the CRJ 200 FA's in ORD are under CRJ or ERJ contract.

11. Nov 30, 2018 #11

suitcase

suitcase

suitcase

This has nothing to do with CRJ, these are all ERJ ExpressJet FA's

ExBizJet likes this.
  12. Nov 30, 2018 #12

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

Well they have to give them recall rights before they hire any FAs. So maybe 6 months from now, if ever, they’ll get their jobs back.

13. Nov 30, 2018 #13

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

Don't they have recall rights in their contract? That would be a pretty big miss...

14. Nov 30, 2018 #14

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

The ERJ does have a section on recall, it states they have recall rights for 7 years.

15. Dec 1, 2018 #15

RoyerYetlink

RoyerYetlink

RoyerYetlink

I think they’re under the CRJ contract as they’re still using pbs to bid.

16. Dec 1, 2018 #16

xjetfa

xjetfa

xjetfa

HI, YES IT'S ALL TRUE. THE ERJ FURLOUGHS ARE GOING BACK TO MARCH 2004. SO ALL THE PROGRESS WE HAVE MADE IN 14 YEARS IS GONE. I NEVER DREAMED OF GOING BACK 14 YEARS.

IN A FEW MONTHS I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO HOLD A LINE....EWR FA LINES MAY GO DOWN TO 50 IN JANUARY.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  17. Dec 1, 2018 #17

xjetfa

xjetfa

xjetfa

HI....THE CRJ AND EJR CONTRACTS HAVE NOT MERGED. SO EACH SIDE IS STILL UNDER THE CONTRACT AT THE TIME OF THE MERGER. IF WE HAD MERGED THEN A MERGED LIST OF SENIORITY WOULD ALLOW ALL CRJ CREW TO TRANSFER TO ERJ SIDE.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  18. Dec 1, 2018 #18

xjetfa

xjetfa

xjetfa

HI...AND THERE IS NO INDICATION THAT ANY REGIONALS HAVE BEEN ASK TO OFFER OUR FA'S A JOB FAIR LIKE THE ASA SIDE WAS OFFERED.

EVEN SKYWEST, OUR OWNERS HAVE NOT OFFERED JOBS.

19. Dec 2, 2018 #19

kailuaboy

kailuaboy

kailuaboy

Right, exactly as I stated in the quoted message you posted as part of your response. :)

Furlough ERJ FA's as far back as 2004? I think you might have been told incorrect information. I cannot imagine they would furlough you all (ERJ FAs) as far back as 2004. That would be hundreds, not the 40 or 50 they're currently furloughing.

Might I suggest you not use all caps when posting? :)

20. Dec 2, 2018 #20

kailuaboy

kailuaboy

kailuaboy

I fully understand. I was attempting to provide clarity and bring additional context to the subject. What happens to ERJ FAs, will also affect CRJ FAs in the near future.