EWR-MSP going all XJT next month

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by rjshed, Aug 13, 2009.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Aug 13, 2009 #1

rjshed

rjshed

rjshed

Just a reminder to keep this rant in your head in case a certain CAL commuter shows up...

"So yea, I question how a guy gets himself in a position where he makes two missed approaches, aborts a divert for another divert, then has to declare a fuel emergency and put down in Dubuque, of all places. Seems like some poor planning and decision making to me. I guess you can give him credit for having the sense to put down someplace before he ran out of gas, but any time you let it get that far you have to question how and why. I guarantee you the captain was not sitting in his hotel room congratulating himself for a fine flight. He was probably downing a jack and coke, asking himself, "how the fug did that happen??" The older I get the more conservative I get in my approach to flying. It is also why I am sitting here at a NW gate to commute to work rather than at the Xjet gate waiting to ride with Captain Opie."

http://www.expressjetpilots.com/the-pipe/showthread.php?t=30600&highlight=MSP

2. Aug 13, 2009 #2

vegaseric

vegaseric

vegaseric

May 11, 1997 - A Continental Airlines 737, bound for Corpus Christi, Texas, mistakenly lands at Cabaniss Field, an abandoned Navy airfield. Link.

Print the NTSB report on this and hand it to him with the blue briefing card. Wouldn't it be ironic if it was the same guy!! Ooops!!

3. Aug 14, 2009 #3

Jetlink305

Jetlink305

Jetlink305

I guess he uses NW or now DL, so we won't have to worry about it.

4. Aug 14, 2009 #4

T/R DISAGREE

T/R DISAGREE

T/R DISAGREE

hopefully he does not land on taxiway Z.

5. Aug 14, 2009 #5

Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler

Or taxi into an RJ safely parked in the Ballpark.

6. Aug 14, 2009 #6

PullUp!PullUp!

PullUp!PullUp!

PullUp!PullUp!

Before you all get into a tizzy over this (again), let me state that the douchebag who wrote that crap months ago is just that, a douchebag. Thankfully, he is but a tiny minority of Express bashers. Without fail, everybody that I fly with has positive things to say about Express. Not so much for Colgan and Kitty.

7. Aug 15, 2009 #7

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

I've noticed the same from most Cal pilots. I've only run into 2 cal doushbags in the cockpit (1 in the 737 and 1 in the 757). Most of crap I've gotten was from Cal FA's.