ERJ FA's to staff the new 175's

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by suitcase, Mar 1, 2019.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Mar 1, 2019 #1

suitcase

suitcase

suitcase

Just read that only erj fa's will staff the 175's due to contract. 50 erj fa's that were furloughed will be brought back in May. Crj 200's will be taken out of service starting in april, those fa's will be furloughed and then given preferential hiring status when all erj fa's are back online or operational needs are met. All 50 seat flying will be done by erj 145's. So great news for our fa group and unfortunate news for the crj group.

2. Mar 2, 2019 #2

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

Suitcase

I am happy for the furloughed ERJ FA's getting to be recalled. It's only fair that they get a chance to do the flying. Furloughing them to appease the furloughed CRJ FA's was very counter productive and in the end only served to have your furloughed Bretheren look for jobs that put them closer to home or flying at other airlines.

I understand that your rank-and-file are pretty upset with the leadership that IAM has shown your folks. I hope that your successful in getting AFA to represent you and on a National level build inroads with United AFA.

3. Mar 2, 2019 #3

RoyerYetlink

RoyerYetlink

RoyerYetlink

Where is this announcement?

4. Mar 19, 2019 #4

RoyerYetlink

RoyerYetlink

RoyerYetlink

How does the new FA TA look?

5. Mar 19, 2019 #5

suitcase

suitcase

suitcase

I just do not get it, why would we vote to have ASA flight attendants flow over and push us down the seniority list and be on reserve with 20 years of service? They just told us they were getting rid of the Crj 200's and that the Fa's will be furloughed, while only ERJ FA's will be allowed to flying the new 175's. Now all of a sudden there is another new tenative contract that is built completely for them again. Again, loss of minimum days off, PBS, medical leave down from 5 years to 4 years, no more accrual of OJI bank also no more catastrophic sick bank, a pathetic pay increase that takes 4 years to get, a bonus that after taxes will be a joke, plus intergrated seniority which they did not say how it will be done. The pluses which by the way are just getting back what we gave up on the last contract and are trivial very short term gains. The best one is guaranteed no furlough, but only through October this year? Again a big fat NO, this again was built mainly for ASA FA's who by the way have already been sent their furlough notices. This would really hurt anybody who has more than 15 years here.

6. Mar 19, 2019 #6

scotts

scotts

scotts

Not my contract but I think the erj FAs deserve much better than that.

7. Mar 20, 2019 at 3:44 PM #7

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

Suitcase

I agree with Scotts. Not my contract. But, you guys do deserve a decent standard of living. Regrettably unlike us. You do don't have people leaving in large numbers for other companies.

I do agree after listening to some of the IAM Sales Pitches in Crew Rooms. That you are not getting a fair shake from your Union and that you would be better off being represented by a union that understands your profession.

The last several contracts that have been proposed to your folks were marginal at best. The ERJ FA's stood their ground and voted no. Only to be unfairly spanked by the company by retaliating and furloughing your folks. I hope that there are enough pi$$ed off ERJ folks that will continue to vote NO to get the point across and send a message to IAM to represent you or let you vote in another Union. Which allows the company to continue The Great FA Divide-and-Conquer campaign.

Right now. Your in the Drivers Seat. Inflight Management starting with B. Reynolds are by-and-large CRJ People. With several of their CRJ FA friends soon to be out of work. Stand your Ground until you get the contract that you deserve.

8. Mar 21, 2019 at 5:53 PM #8

f/o shizzle

f/o shizzle

f/o shizzle

It’s pretty ridiculous to think that a machinists union would have what’s best for flight attendants at heart.

Pretty hilarious.