End Of American Flying

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by wing-zero, Nov 24, 2018.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Nov 30, 2018 #41

blackhawk

blackhawk

blackhawk

... or not start the training at all. Performance is abysmal. But at least that OC Tanner dude is doing a great job. Someone should put him in for an award for all the inspirational emails he sends out. :)

2. Nov 30, 2018 #42

AquaFreshJet

AquaFreshJet

AquaFreshJet

I'm thoroughly convinced nothing will happen with the performance, or anything else for that matter, until the announcements. I heard yesterday that the next 2 new hire classes have been completely cancelled (no word on if there was even anybody scheduled for them), so it doesn't look like we'll even be attempting to hire anybody the rest of the year.

The sentiment being expressed by the MEC is that it's going to be a big stalemate until the announcements. Nobody really has any reason to spend any money or do anything until the company has publicly changed hands and is on an upward trajectory.

ExBizJet likes this.
  3. Dec 5, 2018 #43

Don Karnage

Don Karnage

Don Karnage

Do we really believe that UAL will purchase Expressjet and make it a wholly owned subsidiary? As far as I know the mainline flight attendants still have the scope clause in their contract that any and all flying done by carriers owned by United Airlines will be flown with the mainline flight attendant contract. Will United really pay mainline wages and work rules for what is currently a primarily 50 seat carrier? What is the work around to this perceived problem, if any? Am I missing something obvious?

4. Dec 5, 2018 #44

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

...Noticed yesterday that the backside of the maintenance hangar (IAH) says UNITED in bold font.

Just feeding the rumor ;)

5. Dec 5, 2018 #45

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

Don

You make some very valid points. I know that our MEC and the UAL MEC being ALPA carriers are in constant contact. I would be interested to hear from FA's on this site. If they are building any synergy with the UAL FA Union. One of the big stumbling blocks that I could see would be that they are IAM and not AFA like UAL is. I do agree that our FA's need better protection from the whip saw inflight management and that they need to earn a better standard of living. I am sure that the 50-seat jet is a serious bone of contention with legacy UAL FA's. Would the 70-seat jet solve the problem that remains to be seen. I do know this that if Oscar Munoz and his management team really want this to happen. They would tell CC and the choir take our best offer or they will cut SKW off, and they could with table scrap concessions to the UAL FA's force it through. Quite frankly if the economy continues to improve. I really think that the days of 50-seat jets are coming to an end considering the age of the CRJ and ERJ. Plus, no one is building any 50-seat RJ's

6. Dec 10, 2018 #46

AquaFreshJet

AquaFreshJet

AquaFreshJet

Well, it appears as if the greatly awaited start of 175 initial cadre training actually happened today.

7. Dec 10, 2018 #47

RoyerYetlink

RoyerYetlink

RoyerYetlink

Pics or it didn’t happen.

8. Dec 10, 2018 #48

Read-Only

Read-Only

Read-Only

Never mind.....