Employee Lawsuit At Mesa

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by ExBizJet, Aug 15, 2018.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Aug 15, 2018 #1

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

A Group of disgruntled Mesa Pilots have filed a class lawsuit against the company for garnishing wages of pilots who left before their contracts were up. While at the same time the company pocketed their wages instead of applying it to their debt per the contract.

This group of pilots have filed a lawsuit against Mesa and the company requested arbitration versus a public lawsuit in court. We may not agree with everything that XJT and INC management fail to do for us. Compared to other Regionals. But, at least our management has never been this sleazy.

Please keep our Brother and Sister ALPA pilots at Mesa in your thoughts as they fight this battle.

2. Aug 15, 2018 #2

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

Did ALPA file the lawsuit on behalf of those pilots? Not that I don’t believe the story but, source?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  3. Aug 15, 2018 #3

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

4. Aug 15, 2018 #4

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

Time to decertify...

5. Aug 16, 2018 #5

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

I think these guys willfully terminated their employment and Mesa withheld their entire last paycheck, which is illegal. I would hope to think if they were terminated ALPA would step in, but it is Mesa Alpa after all. They could always sue the union for breach of Duty of Fair Representation. But very few attorneys sue unions. The standard to prove a union breached its duty of fair representation (DFR) is very tough to meet. A union breaches its duty of fair representation only if it acts arbitrarily, discriminatorily or in bad faith. Vaca v. Sipes, 386 U.S. 171 (1967).

6. Aug 16, 2018 #6

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

I used to fly there and this was passed to me by a bud who is involved in the suit. Yes you are correct the Mesa MEC (which is very in bed with JO) chose not to be involved in the lawsuit.