E175s/New labor contract.

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by ranger, Aug 17, 2018.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Aug 17, 2018 #1

ranger

ranger

ranger

An expedited labor contract for these 175s is easy......all pay hard and soft at 150% red flag rate plus a meaningful signing bonus. Leave everything else alone and problem solved in a day.

2. Aug 17, 2018 #2

Challenger

Challenger

Challenger

I want to write that the response from our union via the Chairmans letter was the best I have read in years! Finally feel someones got our backs.

ExBizJet and optimus_prime like this.
  3. Aug 17, 2018 #3

optimus_prime

optimus_prime

optimus_prime

Amen! But talk is cheap. Let’s hope he can back it up. The major concern that I have is what the company negotiated those airplanes at with United. If it’s at what the current contract extension has it at, then we should be able to bring it up to what the industry is at or more and it’s a done deal Watch out for Shiny Jet Syndrome boys and girls!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  4. Aug 17, 2018 #4

badog

badog

badog

Quite a few, “ifs’” in this communication.

1. “If” we can reach a rapid agreement, (compensation/qol reductions).
    2. “If” we can get our cost, “in line” with the industry, (^see above^).
    3. “If” we can staff it, . . .

Nothing signed, nothing on property, not enough bodies, . . .
    Shiny jet syndrome won’t work anymore.
    Too little too late.

TFAYD.

5. Aug 17, 2018 #5

ShoreFly

ShoreFly

ShoreFly

I'm going to have to be the optimist on this one.

I feel that there's more to this transaction than just new airplanes. I think a true opportunity to improve our company is before us. For a new contract, I would never accept less than reasonable compensation for our years of hardship, and I hope that's where I can trust my union to be on the same page (unlike another workgroup's union).

That being said, the company and union are both under pressure to get this done quickly, and I hope they can do it. They both have my support, wishing for the best.

ExBizJet likes this.
  6. Aug 17, 2018 #6

qotsaautopilot

qotsaautopilot

qotsaautopilot

So what’s going on at xjt? They are dangling new airplanes for a quick contract? Isn’t United scopes out of more 175s?

7. Aug 17, 2018 #7

blackhawk

blackhawk

blackhawk

UAL has already said that 25 CRJ-700's will be cut. Hmmm... who operates 25 CRJ-700's for UAL?

8. Aug 17, 2018 #8

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

United has said for several years that the CRJ did not fit in their marketing plan. This does not surprise me that these 175's are replacing these CRJ-700's. If Embraer was not so backed up on the assembly line. I personally think United would be getting more 175's than just these 25 airframes.

I am trying to be optimistic that this will be the beginning of XJT will become an all 175 fleet

9. Aug 17, 2018 #9

GoJuice

GoJuice

GoJuice

This is HORSE ****! United is NOT placing thoes aircraft at XTJ. INC is whipsawing SkyWest airlines against XJT. SkyWest turn down the **** TA INC. offered. And now INC. is trying to see if XJT will be cheap enough for them to make money off of the lowest bid they can put in to get thoes 25 175's. F- this get your 10 and bail. FUPM [emoji867]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10. Aug 17, 2018 #10

iBuyHouses

iBuyHouses

iBuyHouses

Agreed. Leave everything else alone. Update section 6 - and not just the FO pay scale.

11. Aug 17, 2018 #11

qotsaautopilot

qotsaautopilot

qotsaautopilot

I don’t know. Who?

So has the company said they were offered the new airplanes from United and they need a CBA to get them or is it just speculation that these aircraft could even be placed at xjt?

12. Aug 17, 2018 #12

Read-Only

Read-Only

Read-Only

25 E-175s “promised” to XJT, contingent upon a speedy ratification of a contract.

13. Aug 17, 2018 #13

Turtlesfly

Turtlesfly

Turtlesfly

Well I’m not as angry about it as you are, but I think you have the right idea. I think this is nothing more than punishment for mainline Skywest voting down a TA. We are now presented with this thing, the timing of which is too coincidental to not be suspect. We are probably just being used to whipsaw mainline Skywest into doing it for less, who will ultimately end up with it in the end.

But I’m not worried because our contract’s scope clause prevents seperate-list whipsawing across the Inc lines.

Oh wait, that got sold down the river years ago.

14. Aug 17, 2018 #14

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

Money talks. Let’s see what these clowns put out to us. I do like the MEC chairs message sent yesterday. Not falling for their carrots, but let’s see.

15. Aug 17, 2018 #15

blackhawk

blackhawk

blackhawk

I honestly think for once this is not the case- SkyWest is tapped out.
    1. They have to staff the AAL CRJ-700 flying out of DFW by spring of 2019.
    2. They let us have the CRJ-200 flying out of ORD.
    3. They had the CRJ side pick up additional DAL flying out of ATL at least through November. They didn't do this because they felt sorry for us.
    I know they are hiring as many pilots as they can get their hands on, but I think the issue is the same that most others are running into- qualified captains. You know it's "interesting" when regionals are offering bonuses of up to $45k for qualified DEC's.
    On our side, K4 coming down to ATL and hiring 50 CRJ pilots last week with another round next month was probably a wake-up call for UAL and management. I think it may finally be dawning on them that this is not 2012 when Comair went under and we have attractive options such as flying a 747 for more pay the first year than we make here. I remember about a year ago being told that management anticipated about 500 CRJ pilots being available to help staff the ERJ side. Now we're looking at MAYBE 200.
    I think the next best thing Inc can do is to help ExpressJet win the 175 contract. Then they have the inside scoop on our costs when the contract comes up for rebid.
    We shall see.

16. Aug 17, 2018 #16

badog

badog

badog

After some rudimentary consideration, I firmly believe this is, “bad faith” negotiation tactics.
    Nothing signed, no guarantee, all b.s.
    Inc. got shafted on the 00 proposal with a huge no.
    Dals’ c series order d-laid with the airbus purchase of bombardier, (a220 now) which is direct result of regional instability going forward, (asa contract extension)
    Ucal scoped out on 70s’ means they are re-assigned a/c, aka a big f-you 00 we’ll show you for voting no.
    Hiring about to pick up heading towards 2020, (massive retirements).
    These are nothing but, “end game” tactics to reduce incs’ cost structure during the wind down.
    I admire their sand but I’ve seen this before, comair !

tfayd

17. Aug 17, 2018 #17

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

This is just too coincidental. Looking at how they played hardball with the FAs, threw maintenance under the bus till they discovered they had the same shortages or more than pilots, and axed the CRJ side, is it no surprise they would start negotiations with "look what we have in the parking lot if you swallow a bit." They shouldn't be surprised when we burn it down again with a 98% NO, 90% participation when it is not a win across the board (albeit small increases in pay and fixes in QOL for the half of the company on eternal reserve). I'm so tired of this ****.....

18. Aug 17, 2018 #18

BluRaiderAv8R

BluRaiderAv8R

BluRaiderAv8R

I’m willing to give it a chance at what we have now +. I looked at both YV and OO 175 rates today and I think it’s doable. If the company back peddles, I’m marketable, and have plenty of other carriers calling me begging me to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Aug 17, 2018 #19

BluRaiderAv8R

BluRaiderAv8R

BluRaiderAv8R

What if this allows us to kill YV? Once the first set of 175s are on property, we can take as many as we can staff, therefore reducing and killing another carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Aug 18, 2018 #20

Read-Only

Read-Only

Read-Only

Kill YV? I’m not seeing how thats possible.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018