Don't Ask Don't Tell finally repealed

Help Support The Pipe:

Jetlinker

the only thing the "gay community" has contributed to is the spread of aids. HIV/Aids is a gay disease that is primatily spread by men having sex with other men in the united states.
Well unless you're one of those closet cases that makes fun of gays while sleeping with men I guess you won't have to worry about that one will you?

HappyPilot1

Don't you worry about you future? What about growing old alone, without your own offspring? Your whole lifestyle just seems so pointless and purposeless. Why don't you get chemically castrated?

Last edited:

Jetlinker

I have a partner and we have pets. I prefer having the freedom to travel to spending my off time at home raising kids. Everyone doesn't require the whole live in the suburbs in a cookie cutter house with 2 kids and a dog lifestyle to be happy. That's your whole issue to begin with, you can't grasp that not everyone in the world is just like you.

Jetlinker

And for the record many states do allow gay couples to adopt. Raising kids isn't for me really (at least I recognize that, unlike some of the sh*ty parents out there), but for gay couples who desire kids the option is still there.

lap

The problem I see with this defining marriage as between a man and a woman is where is this defined specifically? From my view reading and rereading the Constitution (and yes, I do own my own pocket copy of the Constitution), there is no right to marriage for anyone in it nor is marriage defined anywhere in this document. So my feeling has always been that two consenting adults should be allowed to marry, whether it be a man and a woman, two men or two women. Reading the Constitution I cannot see how it is constitutional to allow one set to get married but not others. DOMA does not count in this as that is being challenged in court. However the cases are decided, each side is going to see the other as "activist judges."
It is in the constitution. It's in the bill of rights, the tenth amendment to be exact. It's a state issue. Each state is free to chose what they want to do, as long as it's constitutional. DOMA is federal law and applies to all states until it is repealed. The gays can thank slick willy for that one. Personally I think DOMA is unconstitutional. And I also think that it should be left to individual states to decide as the founding fathers envisioned these issues being resolved. Otherwise you would need to get a constitutional amendment which is what Bush wanted. I think that would be silly. To appease everyone, states should just get out of the business of marrying people all together. That should be left between you, your spouse, and your church. States should only distribute civil unions to consenting adults, period.

CLEflyr

It is in the constitution. It's in the bill of rights, the tenth amendment to be exact. It's a state issue. Each state is free to chose what they want to do, as long as it's constitutional. DOMA is federal law and applies to all states until it is repealed. The gays can thank slick willy for that one. Personally I think DOMA is unconstitutional. And I also think that it should be left to individual states to decide as the founding fathers envisioned these issues being resolved. Otherwise you would need to get a constitutional amendment which is what Bush wanted. I think that would be silly. To appease everyone, states should just get out of the business of marrying people all together. That should be left between you, your spouse, and your church. States should only distribute civil unions to consenting adults, period.
But then that brings up equal protection (note Happy that's EQUAL not SPECIAL) for all. This whole thing is a mess and that's why the issue is headed to the Supreme Court. States can't pass laws that to not comply with the Constitution.

For me, I don't have a problem with the word "marriage" being used by any side. The word marriage has even been used in the corporate world when discussing mergers. I can see your point though regarding the ceremony. States should not issue marriage licenses but instead certificates for civil unions in whatever form that might be between two consenting adults.

CLEflyr

Don't you worry about you future? What about growing old alone, without your own offspring? Your whole lifestyle just seems so pointless and purposeless. Why don't you get chemically castrated?
Ah, yes, because all heterosexual couples get married solely to have kids as many anti-gay marriage supporters love to point out. It is such false logic considering there are many heterosexual couples who don't want to have children or are unable to have children. (Then of course there are those who have children and shouldn't be allowed to.) Elderly people get married all the time. I'm sure their intent is to procreate after all however often they have the ability to copulate.

CLEflyr

Ah, yes, because all heterosexual couples get married solely to have kids as many anti-gay marriage supporters love to point out. It is such false logic considering there are many heterosexual couples who don't want to have children or are unable to have children. (Then of course there are those who have children and shouldn't be allowed to.) Elderly people get married all the time. I'm sure their intent is to procreate after all however often they have the ability to copulate.

lap

But then that brings up equal protection (note Happy that's EQUAL not SPECIAL) for all. This whole thing is a mess and that's why the issue is headed to the Supreme Court. States can't pass laws that to not comply with the Constitution.

For me, I don't have a problem with the word "marriage" being used by any side. The word marriage has even been used in the corporate world when discussing mergers. I can see your point though regarding the ceremony. States should not issue marriage licenses but instead certificates for civil unions in whatever form that might be between two consenting adults.
Clearly states cannot enact unconstitutional laws. But that is for the courts to decide at this point. I think there are valid points on both sides of DOMA. But I'm comfortable either way it goes. In any case, I prefer the government just get out of the business of marrying people and just issue civil unions instead. Funny how the "separation of church and state" people don't press this government marriage issue.

nixon

the only thing the "gay community" has contributed to is the spread of aids. HIV/Aids is a gay disease that is primatily spread by men having sex with other men in the united states.
Ok fluck face, I would prefer to live in a "gay community" area with nicely maintained houses and cool clubs than in some frigid God worshiping suburb.

Left Coast

Well as long as there are people like Happy, we will continue to be forced to watch videos trying to teach us tolerance.

Talk about the masses being screwed by the minority. Thanks, I enjoy wasting my time every year, don't all of you?

TheBills

Whats worse? AIDS or Hate Crimes committed by people of your same mindset. You contribute nothing to society by thinking the way you do.

dynamiteone

Whats worse? AIDS or Hate Crimes committed by people of your same mindset. You contribute nothing to society by thinking the way you do.
The two can not compared.

AIDS is communicable disease that is nearly 100% transmitted by specific behavior. Eliminate the behavior and eliminate nearly 100% probability of contracting the disease.

Determining what constitutes a hate crime is largely judgement as is determining another's mindset as is the judgement of what another contributes to society.

Try again.

TheBills

The two can not compared.

AIDS is communicable disease that is nearly 100% transmitted by specific behavior. Eliminate the behavior and eliminate nearly 100% probability of contracting the disease.

Determining what constitutes a hate crime is largely judgement as is determining another's mindset as is the judgement of what another contributes to society.

Try again.
We're talking about contributions to society. Neither subject matters contribute anything positive to society. Therefore, Happypilot does not contribute anything positive to society by thinking the way he does.

Latest posts