Don't Ask Don't Tell finally repealed

Help Support The Pipe:

Jetlinker

Oh, and going back to the gays in the military. How have you contributed more to society in a positive way than they have by fighting for your freedom to sit on your fat a$$ watching NASCAR every weekend? Still waiting...

RIslander

Homosexuality has a negative connotation in western society because some two thousand years ago, the founders of Christianity wanted to create a religion that was different from the pagans, many of whom saw homosexuality as a normal part of daily life. Modern education and science has discredited most of the fairy tales found in the bible, yet a few uneducated and/or not too brilliant members of society still don't get it. They think gays are bad because some mythological person named Jesus said they are and they're too stupid to think for themselves.

Furthermore, any person who thinks being gay is a choice must be gay themselves. Why? Because any straight man or woman could never fathom having the desire to have sexual relations with someone of the same gender, therefor realizing that homosexuality must be a genetic trait. As a straight guy I'd say I dedicate 98-99% of my energy to banging chicks or thinking about banging chicks. Any other straight guy would agree with this statement regardless of their religious affiliations.

Any person who thinks homosexuality is a choice is nothing other than a homosexual themselves, who is so overcome by guilt that they must feel that they chose to be that way. Another reason why asking people who carry and use guns for a living to repress their inner feelings is not a very good idea.

Last edited:

dynamiteone

Modern education and science has discredited most of the fairy tales found in the bible,.......
You gotta list or just spoutin'?

They think gays are bad because some mythological person named Jesus said they are and they're too stupid to think for themselves.

Do you have some bible references from a legitimate bible we can valide your claim with??

RIslander

You gotta list or just spoutin'?

Do you have some bible references from a legitimate bible we can valide your claim with??
The fact that there's no such thing as magic and that Moses never parted the Red Sea?

That Noah's Arc is BS... I mean really? He repopulated the entire earth with one male and one female of every animal? 2000 years ago that was believable, any modern human knows that inbreeding like that would completely destroy a species.

How about these following excerpts:

Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

Deuteronomy 22:20-1 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.

Do you practice the above statements? Don't give me the it was a different time back then excuse... because if you believe that the bible is the word of God then you must follow all of it, not pick and choose what you want. If times have changed, then God would issue Bible revisions. That's exactly like saying you will follow the parts of the FOM you like and ignore the parts you don't. Christians are the biggest hypocrites on Earth.

V2+15

You're quoting from the Old Testament wherein man lived by God's law and that was THE law. You're forgetting the part in The New Testament about God sacrificing his only begotten son to bear the sins of man through his death. My sins are crucified through Christ, but in him I live because he bore my sins and showed me grace.

We can debate the point all day and I'll never convince you and you'll never convince me. So we respectfully agree to disagree and that's fine. On the subject of homosexuality, I have been taught to love the sinner and hate the sin. Again, convincing you homosexuality is or is not a sin is irrelevent, because we shall agree to disagree on that point as well.

As to the original post, I will find honor in any homosexual man or woman who freely chooses to defend our freedom and our country against all enemies, foreign AND domestic. I am skeptical at this point, however, as to whether or not this will have a positive effect on the military as a whole; I will be cautiously optimistic at this juncture for now...

Last edited:

APU

They think gays are bad because some mythological person named Jesus said they are and they're too stupid to think for themselves.
I support the repeal of Don't ask, Don't tell. I also, stand against discrimination against gays in the workplace, and public life. I believe that it's better for a child to be brought up by two homosexuals than to be raised by the state, or to be moved from institution to institution.

Nonetheless, your statement there is ignorant and uninformed! Kind of like the person that thinks they know everything about airline flying, and is determined to let you know.

You would have appeared wiser if you just kept your mouth shut.

dynamiteone

The fact that there's no such thing as magic and that Moses never parted the Red Sea?

That Noah's Arc is BS... I mean really? He repopulated the entire earth with one male and one female of every animal? 2000 years ago that was believable, any modern human knows that inbreeding like that would completely destroy a species.

How about these following excerpts:

Exodus 21:20-21
Deuteronomy 22:20-1
V2 answered as I would have and I will add: your arguments are common of those who reject the gospel first with hardly a cursory prior study of it. That is just an observation and not a condemnation. You made the common error of quoting Old Testament law without an understanding or knowledge of the subsequent transition to the New Testament.

The result was God indeed issued bible revisions. He revised it through the person of Jesus Christ.

I add that you were asked specifically for bible references supporting Jesus being a mythological character and you quoted Old Testament laws. Jesus wasn't in the Old Testament, although there are several references to His future arrival.

You were asked for some details on how science has disproved other bible stuff and you poo pooed a single reference with no support for your position.

So, you can't support your assertions and have zero understanding of Christianity, neither of which are bad. You certainly have an opportunity to learn more about it. I don't want to make you wrong. I would rather see you make yourself right. Christianity is quite a concept :).

Last edited:

TheBills

I support the repeal of Don't ask, Don't tell. I also, stand against discrimination against gays in the workplace, and public life. I believe that it's better for a child to be brought up by two homosexuals than to be raised by the state, or to be moved from institution to institution.

Nonetheless, your statement there is ignorant and uninformed! Kind of like the person that thinks they know everything about airline flying, and is determined to let you know.

Hell you could argue that a child could be brought up better by a homosexual couple over a heterosexual couple in some cases. The arguments against homosexuality are completely ridiculous in my opinion. Happypilot, your thinking is the cause of a lot of hate crimes in this country.

CLEflyr

I'm Catholic, but I long ago felt the church in its current form does not practice what it preaches or has strayed from what God and Jesus would want for our fellow man. The Bible was written by man and has been interpreted by man for thousands of years.

In regards to homosexuality it is not a choice no more than a heterosexual person on that magical day he becomes aware "chooses" to be straight. There is just no reasonable argument to be made to say that a heterosexual doesn't choose it, he/she just is but that same statement can't be true for homosexuals? If God truly made all mankind and all earthly creations in all its infinite diversity, then God did create homosexuals as part of that diversity. So I don't question His wisdom in how He created His children. I cannot believe that God would create a person to love someone of the same sex but then deny that person the right to express and show that love as equally as all others.

For some there will be a day of reckoning where they will have to answer: "Why did you treat my children this way?"

Last edited:

CLEflyr

Probably but they are in the closet and should stay there. I don't know why the current don't ask don't tell was such a bad thing. Its not like the military was hunting out gays to kick them out of the military. Don't ask don't tell was a good compromise.
The actual policy is "Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Pursue" if we are being technical. It's the pursue part that had me laughing after reading your post. The military wasn't "hunting" out gays? That's funny.

Any third hand party could make just an accusation against someone and an investigation could be started even though it wasn't supposed to. The policy was supposed to prevent abuse by some disgruntled individual who had a grudge. This policy was supposed to be between service men/women and their commanding officers. The commanding officer couldn't ask and as long as the service person themselves didn't tell (even via social networks, etc) then they were supposed to be allowed to serve. This was most definitely not the case as investigations routinely were based on information not obtained directly from the individual, even if the individual didn't admit to being gay or refused to answer the question as allowed under the policy.

RIslander

Show me scientific fact that Jesus existed and did all the things in the Bible and I'll retract that statement. There are no scientific facts... just stories and texts passed through hundreds of generations. You could find texts from the viking age in Scandinavia saying that some dude with a big hammer shot lightning bolts at people. People believed this till the Vikings were conquered by Christians and forced to convert. An entire civilization of Ancient Greeks believed that some guy got in a chariot and dragged the sun across the sky because at the time, they had no other explanation of how it happened. These types of myths serve to provide a false sense of faith for what cannot be proved through science.

lap

It's called faith for a reason people. Either you have it or you don't.

dynamiteone

Show me scientific fact that Jesus existed and did all the things in the Bible and I'll retract that statement. There are no scientific facts... just stories and texts passed through hundreds of generations. You could find texts from the viking age in Scandinavia saying that some dude with a big hammer shot lightning bolts at people. People believed this till the Vikings were conquered by Christians and forced to convert. An entire civilization of Ancient Greeks believed that some guy got in a chariot and dragged the sun across the sky because at the time, they had no other explanation of how it happened. These types of myths serve to provide a false sense of faith for what cannot be proved through science.
What lap said and start with this book:

Evidence That Demands a Verdict: by Josh McDowell.

The guy put the Jesus story on trial and came to a logical conclusion based on evidence.

BTW, you might reconsider this scientific approach since you can't prove you even got to work yesterday because scientifically, you can't duplicate the conditions. But you can provide evidence supporting you were at work.

Meanwhile as you denigrate our beliefs and faith, don't get your thongs in a tighter wad when we pick your misconceptions and errors apart because you have your premises wrong from the start. Quoting Old Testament without knowledge of the New Testament comes to mind.

dynamiteone

You just gave up any claim to being offended by any one for anything.

It's gonna get hot in your kitchen and not because your boyfriend walked in wearing assless chaps.

Crass sh!it ike your post can work both ways.

Last edited:

lap

You just gave up any claim to being offended by any one for anything.

It's gonna get hot in your kitchen and not because your boyfriend walked in wearing assless chaps.

Crass sh!it ike your post can work both ways.
I thought it was funny. But I agree. He bashes Mormons, Houstonians, people from the south, and what not yet he doesn't like it when people bash homosexuals.

Jetlinker

Actually most of my posts on here in regards to homosexuality have been debating morality, gay marriage, or just poking HappyPilot (no pun intended) for being the troll that he is. I'm not easily offended and usually laugh just as much as the next guy when I see photos and other stuff here mocking the gay stereotype.

I mean, honestly, how many times a day do you think a gay person has to hear the phrase "that's gay" in response to something a person dislikes. How sensitive can we really be?

Last edited:

dynamiteone

Actually most of my posts on here in regards to homosexuality have been debating morality, gay marriage, or just poking HappyPilot (no pun intended) for being the troll that he is. I'm not easily offended and usually laugh just as much as the next guy when I see photos and other stuff here mocking the gay stereotype.

I mean, honestly, how many times a day do you think a gay person has to hear the phrase "that's gay" in response to something a person dislikes. How sensitive can we really be?
What lap said and you sure as hell are easily offended by the aggressive way you come after anyone who has an issue with your perverted life style. Sorry. It aint natural and you have my sympathy.

Spend your energy getting some help in dealing with it in a positive way instead of even more angry energy trying to force it on the vast majority of us who totally reject it.

You aren't getting anywhere by coming out of the closet or with this don't ask crap or any way that you choose to wag it in our face.

And you really didn't do yourself any favors with that picture.

Jetlinker

I am who I am. I won't be "in the closet" nor will I be politically correct in everything that I post to appease everyone. I debate, but I don't aggressively attack anyone for their beliefs. My own family has serious issues with my lifestyle. Being they aren't homosexual and don't even know anyone who is I never expected them to understand. Some people just never will as the only thing they really know on the issue is what the church and their parents and peers have taught them. Obviously for those of us who live with it, our views are going to be more tolerant. What option do we have? At least living in this country affords each of us the freedom to live the way that we wish... for the most part anyway.

Last edited:

aussieflyboy

What lap said and you sure as hell are easily offended by the aggressive way you come after anyone who has an issue with your perverted life style. Sorry. It aint natural and you have my sympathy.

Spend your energy getting some help in dealing with it in a positive way instead of even more angry energy trying to force it on the vast majority of us who totally reject it.

You aren't getting anywhere by coming out of the closet or with this don't ask crap or any way that you choose to wag it in our face.

And you really didn't do yourself any favors with that picture.
I think you're wrong about the VAST MAJORITY totally rejecting it.

I'd say the vast majority of Americans accept homosexuality and respect another's right to make that choice, just as I respect your right to be heterosexual. Whether someone is gay or isn't gay makes no difference to your life at all, and them having equal rights under the law to that of a heterosexual person similarly makes no difference to you or your life. People like you, dynamite, I like to refer to as 'Christian Extremists'. You want this country to be no different to Iran... a Christian Republic, where the laws reflect those outlined in the bible. Well, unfortunately for you, not everyone in this country IS a Christian, or believes in the bible's holiness or worthiness to be followed. This country was established so that its citizens are free to practice their religion, but also to not have anothers religion imposed upon them. STOP TRYING TO IMPOSE YOUR WILL ON OTHERS JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAPPEN TO AGREE WITH THEM.

Latest posts