Don't Ask Don't Tell finally repealed

Help Support The Pipe:

Jetlinker

Queue the conservative religious homophobic types in 3...2...1....

Last edited:

HappyPilot1

So the deviant fetish that is homosexuality is now one step closer to being made "normal" and now have made our military weaker. I bet the terrorists in afghanistan want to kill our troops that much more now that "they" are allowed in it.
I also have to say unfortunately my opinion of the armed forces because of this has been damaged little.

TheBills

wonder if the military uniforms will change now? In all seriousness, this was ridiculous in the first place, and im glad to see this going away.

Captain CAVEMAN!

A strong non supporter. Having trouble meeting recruiting and retention goals during a two war era is the reason non of the heads would admit to.

CLEflyr

It's about time! This process will go more smoothly with a legislative repeal as opposed to a court-mandated repeal. While I believe the policy should end immediately upon the president signing the bill in an ideal world, I am fine with a review, education and implementation process this bill creates.

Both my parents were in the military (my father career military with service as a field medic in Vietnam) and now my brother is in the military, currently as a recruiter. All have said this policy is stupid and needed to go. My father said that when you are getting shot at in the field you AREN'T thinking about anything other than staying alive, despite what John McCain has stated. All three of them stated they knew who the gay military members were/are and no issues at all.

Military members aren't going to all of a sudden come out walking down the sidewalks of the base and when they see a superior officer yell, "HEEEEEEY, thir!" and salute with a limp wrist as stereotypes would have you believe.

nixon

So the deviant fetish that is homosexuality is now one step closer to being made "normal" and now have made our military weaker. I bet the terrorists in afghanistan want to kill our troops that much more now that "they" are allowed in it.
I also have to say unfortunately my opinion of the armed forces because of this has been damaged little.
There are many other of your fetishes/ideas/beliefs I'd be far more concerned with. Besides... you really think that there are no gays and lesbians in the military now?

HappyPilot1

There are many other of your fetishes/ideas/beliefs I'd be far more concerned with. Besides... you really think that there are no gays and lesbians in the military now?
Probably but they are in the closet and should stay there. I don't know why the current don't ask don't tell was such a bad thing. Its not like the military was hunting out gays to kick them out of the military. Don't ask don't tell was a good compromise.

Jetlinker

Why should they stay in the closet? No one is asking to parade around base in assless chaps carrying a rainbow flag, just to not risk losing their military career for being who they really are. What's so bad about that?

From my experience people who have animosity towards gays who are "out" do so because they are in the closet themselves. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

HappyPilot1

Why should they stay in the closet? No one is asking to parade around base in assless chaps carrying a rainbow flag, just to not risk losing their military career for being who they really are. What's so bad about that?
Nobody cares who "they" are. Gays would have a much better time if they would just keep it to themselves. Its just a sexual fetish not a way of life. But you people make it a way of life like you're some opressed religion or race. That is what pisses me off about gays they have become the new black. There is the "gay" on all the tv shows ect. How long before there is a queer history month? Not like there is much history other than the spread of aids.

Jetlinker

Nobody is asking you to care, but expecting gays in the military to hide their orientation or be dismissed IS a form of oppression. All the gay community has ever asked for is equality. That means the same rights and freedoms as heterosexuals. Again, please explain to me exactly what is wrong with that?

HappyPilot1

Nobody is asking you to care, but expecting gays in the military to hide their orientation or be dismissed IS a form of oppression. All the gay community has ever asked for is equality. That means the same rights and freedoms as heterosexuals. Again, please explain to me exactly what is wrong with that?
We've been over this before. YOU ARN'T EQUAL! Your "community" is just a bunch mentally ill sexual deviants. Thats all what being "gay" is. Why should you get equal rights? Its a fetish, should we give pedophiles equal rights? Or people like to have sex with animals? You all belong to the same group, those other groups have the same mental illness that gays have they just have a "Fetish" for something else.

Jetlinker

Well debating with you is a wasted effort anyway. Your post make it very apparent that you are incapable of accepting anyone that is in any way different from yourself. You frequently bash those of other races as well as gays and lesbians. Having grown up in the rural south I'm quite familiar with your type. Everyone is supposed to look like you, talk like you, and act like you... and if they don't, they are, at least in your mind, less than you. It's pure ignorance and is wrong on so many levels. Like they say though, you can't fix stupid.

HappyPilot1

Well debating with you is a wasted effort anyway. Your post make it very apparent that you are incapable of accepting anyone that is in any way different from yourself. You frequently bash those of other races as well as gays and lesbians. Having grown up in the rural south I'm quite familiar with your type. Everyone is supposed to look like you, talk like you, and act like you... and if they don't, they are, at least in your mind, less than you. It's pure ignorance and is wrong on so many levels. Like they say though, you can't fix stupid.
You're right I do think less of most people out there. I accept those that contribute to scociety in a positive way. Homosexuals do not.

Jetlinker

Okay, why don't you take a couple of seconds to look up the many charaties founded by Ellen Degeneres and explain how you have contributed more to society "in a positive way" than she has. I'll be waiting.

Latest posts