Deal held up by the shutdown?

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by DirkDiggler, Jan 14, 2019.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Jan 14, 2019 #1

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

I’ve been hearing that the ManaAir deal is held up by the gov shutdown. One can only assume it needs FAA approval and if the FAA is not operating entirely...

2. Jan 14, 2019 #2

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

DirkDiggler

I was wondering the same thing if an acquisition or merger of this type would need DOJ Approval. Depending how our Operating Certificate is going to be transferred. I am sure it would need FAA Approval. I would think that there had been some behind close door talking with the Feds months ago that this was about to go down. To prepare them for this also.

3. Jan 15, 2019 #3

queso

queso

queso

So what you're saying is.... if the shutdown continues into February, we could go back to section 6 negotiations?

4. Jan 15, 2019 #4

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

Queso

That's an interesting call and I too would be interested to hear what our union has to say about this.

What you do have to consider is this. Is how long (if they were required to) has INC, UAL, and the DOJ been in talks to approve our being acquired. I would think that they have been in talks and that was why it was so hush-hush. The other aspect is our Operating Certificate and the Feds. Since INC is not listed on it. It makes me believe that as long as the FAA is not having to make changes (I.e. Moving the certificate to another FSDO District). The Feds probably don't care. Now what could be held up on our certificate is getting the 175 program added to it.

As for the Section 6 aspect of it. My personal feeling that INC wants to get rid of us quickly and I am sure that they are working rikky-tick to avoid having to keep us beyond February. Only a union-guru can answer these questions.