CommutAir Poaching

Discussion in 'The Pipe' started by ExBizJet, Feb 20, 2019.

Help Support The Pipe by donating:

1. Feb 20, 2019 #1

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

This week I received this airline recruiting email. I wonder with these bonuses if our company is going to counter this to meet their 600 pilot goal.

Captain Accelerated Program

The Road to United Airlines Got Even Faster

[​IMG]
    Are you stuck in the right seat wondering when you will upgrade? Have the experience but left waiting due to a deep seniority list and lack of growth at your current carrier?

[​IMG]
    Luckily for you, CommutAir just announced theirCaptain Accelerated Program (CAP) which offers captain-eligible pilots immediate upgrades and a $45,000 sign-on bonus.

[​IMG]
    Earn up to $117,000 in year one benefits and compensation and be placed on the fast-track to United Airlines via the United Career Path Program.

So, what makes CommutAir's Captain Accelerated Program different from other direct entry programs?

1. Compensation: receive a $45,000 sign-on bonus paid in full prior to the start of training and earn up to $117,000 in year one compensation and benefits.

2. Growth: with monthly aircraft deliveries you are guaranteed to start accumulating PIC hours as soon as you are line qualified. CommutAir plans to grow to up to 61 ERJ145s and will need roughly 200 captains! Quickly move up the seniority list and increase quality of life.

3. United Career Path Program (CPP): CAP candidates are placed on the fastest and most direct path to a United Airlines flight deck. Pilots require only 1,000PIC hours and one year of service before receiving aUnited Airlines class date. The road to 1,000 hours is your ticket to United!

How to enroll in the Captain Accelerated Program?

Follow our easy steps below!

[​IMG]
    Still on the fence?

Learn more about our Captain Accelerated Program by reading our press release or visit www.flycommutair.com.

You can speak to a recruiter by calling 1-440-462-0692 or emailing us at pilotrecruiting@commutair.com.

The road to United Airlines starts with CommutAir!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Copyright © 2018 | CommutAir. All rights reserved.

--
    Click Here to unsubscribe from this newsletter.

[​IMG]
    Reply Reply All Forward

2. Feb 20, 2019 #2

f/o shizzle

f/o shizzle

f/o shizzle

Scumbags.

3. Feb 21, 2019 #3

Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear

OMG !! "Pilots require only 1,000PIC hours and one year of service before receiving a United Airlines class date"

Can I be the first to call BS ?

(And yeah I fixed the inadequate spacing in the advert between 'a' and United)

4. Feb 21, 2019 #4

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

FozzieBear

All seriousness this was an email that I received from CommutAir this last week

5. Feb 21, 2019 #5

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

They aren’t scumbags. This is how a free-market works. In turn, if XJT wants to now retain those potential pilots who jump, they need to up the ante. It’s as simple as that.

redheadtexas likes this.
  6. Feb 21, 2019 #6

Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear

I was not calling BS on the validity of the email, I was calling BS on the gross misrepresentation of the CPP as giving someone a class date at United. From what I have heard their success rate at the process is about the same as ours when BK was running that **** show in Denver.

redheadtexas likes this.
  7. Feb 22, 2019 #7

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

There were 2 or 3 CA guys in my new hire class. It worked for someone. I’d still prefer to come in as an XJT guy any day though. We rock this place.

8. Feb 22, 2019 #8

Read-Only

Read-Only

Read-Only

You clearly haven’t heard the statistics regarding how many training issues have occurred.

redheadtexas likes this.
  9. Feb 22, 2019 #9

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

10. Feb 22, 2019 #10

knob

knob

knob

Has anybody failed out of training at United?

11. Feb 23, 2019 #11

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

You gotta try. I think you gotta look at the batch they were referring to. I’m sure you have been in recurrent with some of “those guys” and thought the same thing. You gotta study, but it’s doable to make it look good.

Yes, but you gotta try. Turning on your cell phone during taxi on OE after being repeatedly told to stop was a no brainer.

Basically, the bus is harder than you would think, the 73 is not (as hard as rumored), and the 756 will kick your ass if you let it. All are doable. Sure, it’s not easy... but what is at this level.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  12. Feb 23, 2019 #12

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

dojetdriver

As recent as end of last year there's been that "batch". It gets better, the CPP poster children....

#5:1XJTCPPTRB

You confusing someone with the infamous SKW douche?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  13. Feb 23, 2019 #13

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

They were telling us the cell phone was XJT. I think we have a good thing, and there’s always someone that will try to soil that which they missed out on or couldn’t have. That’s just human nature. With over 12k pilots, and all the FAs that come through the schoolhouse here, the rumors put to shame the stuff we used to get down JFK. As usual, it’s all crap unless there’s a picture. It’s no less entertaining though.

Also, I think there were a lot of paired up FO’s and no break between BI and Systems/FTDA’s until the nov classes. That’s tough regardless of where you come from. Right now upgrades are off the scale, so there shouldn’t be many (if any at all) paired up FOs through March.

14. Feb 24, 2019 #14

punkpilot48

punkpilot48

punkpilot48

The cell phone was a Mesa guy. The asked him to quit, he refused, they fired him, he sued for race reasons. (If it’s the same cell phone guy)

The bus is absolutely not hard just pay attention and you’ll get it easy. Not as in-depth with the “laws” as you’d think.

15. Feb 24, 2019 #15

Jetlink1175

Jetlink1175

Jetlink1175

Gotta correct you there super chief. If you’re about to start here I’d highly recommend the Bus, if all other factors in your decision making tree are equal. You’ll never work in a better environment until you fly the 777/787. As a new hire I flew the 756. I was on it 4 1/2 years and only left to get better seniority. I’ve been on the Bus for 14 months and I love it.

Whatever you choose, welcome to the party. I’m very happy another XJT pilot has made it here!

16. Feb 27, 2019 #16

DanM

DanM

DanM

To the original point of the thread... yeah, 1 year is ********, and also the 45K has some pretty big caveats attached to it. I am being led to understand that C5 only give 3 of this bonus a month, so your options are to take a lower bonus, or wait for a later class date, if the month you want has already paid out. All sorts of shady stuff coming out of H.R. but the one thing that is absolutely true is that we have street captains in almost every class. Upside, you can be left seat immediately, down side, reserve rules are among the worst in the nation, and QoL is pretty piss poor... If current hiring/projections continue, a new hire street captain could expect to be on reserve for as long as 8-12 months, and a bottom line holder for at least as long again, but in the last 36 months we have hired over 400, and we have less than 400 on the list, so turnover is high enough to ensure relatively rapid progression. I am Jan 2016, and currently about 18%. All this being said, I sure do miss the XJT contract! *lol* Know before you Go is the best advice I could give.

ExBizJet and redheadtexas like this.
  17. Feb 28, 2019 #17

bryangard

bryangard

bryangard

I agree with this, I took the Bus upgrade 9 months ago, it’s a great environment. I’m flying with a lot of CPP guys that say the same.

18. Feb 28, 2019 #18

Austin Milbarge

Austin Milbarge

Austin Milbarge

Does that mean you're back in EWR?

19. Mar 1, 2019 #19

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

ExBizJet

This sounds like the same sleazy stuff that is going on at Mesa. If you upgrade there you lose the sign on bonus that is paid to you in installments. If you leave early you pay it back. Plus, anyone you refer and gets hired your bonus is paid to you over a two-year period. If they leave in that time. You lose your bonus.

Our grass may not be greener right now. At least when you finish your IOE you get your sign on bonus. If refer someone and they finish IOE. You get your referral bonus.

20. Mar 2, 2019 #20

Zero-G

Zero-G

Zero-G

I can’t say I’m not taking a beating on the guppy. I don’t think any of them are “easy.” Be ready to put in some work.