CHA

Help Support The Pipe:

Ron Stevens

Just did an 11 hour in CHA. Standard Holiday Inn. Beds aren't that great but there was a fridge and a microwave in the room. HS Wireless throughout, and one computer in the lobby for anyone to use.

But...there must be at least 10 restaurants in walking distance and at least 20 more within a few miles. Several of the close ones give 15% discount with the HI room key. And the van will take you to the mall about a mile away.

Everyone was friendly, from the rampers and gate agents, to hotel personnel. You can get to the plane through ops and bypass security.

Overall nice stay. Wish I had time to go downtown and see the choo choo.

Ron

pscraig

Just across the interstate is a shopping center with a Barnes & Noble. The mall is right behind it-maybe a 10 minute walk. The city bus stops nearby and will take you downtown to the choo-choo, the TN State Aquarium, and other sights. Ask the front desk for the bus info.

Restaurants right across the street are Cracker Barrel, O'Charleys, Fazolis, Applebees, and a Wendy's on the corner.

There is very little to eat in the terminal.

Mitch

do we stay by the hamilton square mall???? lived there for a while, actually worked in that mall unfortunately...great town, but if we stay where I think we do its too bad, miss out on a lot of what downtown has to offer.

the aquarium is probably one of the best ones I've ever been to (if you're into trout fishing, it shows some good behavioral stuff for brookies in a couple of the exhibits). Lots of great eating too, not at the aquarium.

Hoping to get one of these CHA overnights myself sometime to check it out.

glad to hear so far people are happy with it.

Fats Schindee

I've got a long overnight there over New Year's. And barring any Christmas miracles where the reserve coverage comes up and I can drop it, does anyone have any recommendations for where to celebrate?

Thanks.

Mitch

dont know for sure, but they probably have something going on down by the river near the aquarium downtown.

tigerpilot1995

Very nice, but cheap, pool hall within van distance. The front desk will give you a coupon and the guy at the pool hall hooked us up. Cigar bar attached also.

Latest posts